What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Kelvin Harmon WR Redskins (2 Viewers)

I think Harry has some very good RAC since he was used in the punt return game (USC TD) and WR screen game.

We'll see how he and Harmon test, but I like Harry more at this point, and Metcalf
40's are in

Harry 4.59 and 4.54

Harmon 4.61 and 4.64

Curious about three cone coming up

Rotoworld take:

NC State WR Kelvin Harmon ran the 40-yard dash in 4.60 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Harmon (6'2/221) failed to light it up in the 40-yard dash, but don't read too much into that. As The Draft Network's Kyle Crabbs has observed in film study, the NC State product possesses what he calls "build-up speed," noting that Harmon is "[o]ne of those oddball receivers that doesn't have great speed but still seems to stack defenders vertically anyway." The Athletic's Dane Brugler ranks him as the No. 3 receiver in this class behind D.K. Metcalf and Marquise Brown. Physicality is his calling card.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Mar 2, 2019, 1:53 PM

lol "build up speed" 

So if he is running a route longer than 40 yards he will eventually create space from the DB. Got it

Last edited by a moderator:
Combine list's, nobody understands them anyways  :shrug:
You probably know, but for those that don't, all measurements are done to the nearest 1/8" and this allows them to be entered into databases/spreadheets/discussions universally:

06024 = 06 feet, 02 inches, 4/8" for Harmon
05101 = 05 feet, 10 inches, 1/8" for Kyler Murray

There are faster guys getting less separation due to their lack of physical abilities at the LOS and get manhandled and taken out of their route before it even gets started. 
I just laugh at someone trying to silence the "price is wrong horn" with some BS that is called "build up speed." 

Just focus on the positives instead of trying to shine up a turd performance and calling it a diamond

Harmon is a solid prospect. Not very fast, but that's ok

There are faster guys getting less separation due to their lack of physical abilities at the LOS and get manhandled and taken out of their route before it even gets started. 
Yep, and lots of guys gain separation with technique more so than athleticism. 

Yep, and lots of guys gain separation with technique more so than athleticism. 
A good example of this is Tavon Austin.  The guy had all the quickness you would want coming into the league but he's not physical enough and gets manhandled at the line of scrimmage for pass plays not thrown behind the line of scrimmage.  Austin seems to be one that hears footsteps over the middle.

You probably know, but for those that don't, all measurements are done to the nearest 1/8" and this allows them to be entered into databases/spreadheets/discussions universally:

06024 = 06 feet, 02 inches, 4/8" for Harmon
05101 = 05 feet, 10 inches, 1/8" for Kyler Murray
I actually only figured that out like a year or two ago when I asked on this forum so it’s a good reminder for some.  Still don’t know why they use 8ths as the marker but it doesn’t matter.  It’s good and used universally so it works just fine.

NFL Film's Greg Cosell questions if NC State WR Kelvin Harmon can "consistently separate and win against quality NFL coverage."

Cosell wasn't bullish on Harmon's NFL projection mainly because of a lack of burst, but he did credit Harmon with size (6'2/220) and toughness. While playing with quarterback prospect Ryan Finley at NC State, Harmon posted consecutive 1,000-yard seasons but only caught four and seven touchdowns over that stretch. In 2018, Harmon scored a touchdown on just 1-of-12 red zone targets, which is surprising given his size. Despite the concerns, Harmon is currently viewed as a second-round prospect.

SOURCE: Ross Tucker Podcast

Mar 7, 2019, 3:33 PM

Draft Wire's Luke Easterling ranks NC State WR Kelvin Harmon as his No. 4 wide receiver.

Harmon (6'2/221) showed limitations as an athlete at the NFL Scouting Combine, but that was partially expected. At NC State, Harmon was a physical player who won with the ball in the air and not by running by defenders. Harmon's ball skills are desirable, but it would be a relative surprise if he snuck into Round 1 given his 4.60-second 40-yard dash. The Athletic's Dane Brugler projects Harmon as an NFL starter.

SOURCE: Draft Wire

Mar 11, 2019, 7:24 PM

The Ringer's Danny Kelly compares NC State WR Kelvin Harmon to Michael Crabtree.

Crabtree and Harmon (6'2/221) are physical receivers and project as potential WR1s, but draft analysts are concerned with Harmon's overall athleticism, particularly burst. However, Harmon has some of the better ball skills in the class, which keeps him in the mix in the second round. Kelly ranks Harmon as his No. 4 wide receiver and No. 29 overall prospect.

SOURCE: The Ringer

Mar 17, 2019, 4:49 PM

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller compared NC State WR Kelvin Harmon to Detroit Lions WR Kenny Golladay.

"What [Harmon] lacks in sheer speed and athleticism can be made up for with instincts and timing," Miller writes. The analyst notes that the big question with the 6-foot-2, 221-pounder is whether he will be able to separate at the next level. He believes that Harmon's best pro fit will come "with an accurate quarterback in an offense that values slants and comeback routes." While Miller sees a bit of Golladay in the NC State wideout's game, The Ringer's Danny Kelly comps him to Michael Crabtree.

SOURCE: Bleacher Report

Apr 4, 2019, 3:34 PM

People hyping up Butler, Campbell, JJ Arcega-Whiteside are going to be disappointed when Harmon is the better steal in the draft AND the more productive WR

People hyping up Butler, Campbell, JJ Arcega-Whiteside are going to be disappointed when Harmon is the better steal in the draft AND the more productive WR
As long as he doesn't get drafted by Baltimore, Tennessee, Panthers, or Cardinals.

I think Metcalf could actually do pretty well with Cam Newton if he landed there. Harmon needs a team with a strong #1.
Cam throws high or over overthrows past his WRs on everything usually. so yeah, Metcalf's size and speed actually make sense for Cam :)  

I think Metcalf could actually do pretty well with Cam Newton if he landed there. Harmon needs a team with a strong #1.
Possible for sure now that Funchess is gone. I am just not sure Metcalf is a better prospect than Kevin White (of course injuries probably altered his fait a bit).

JohnnyU said:
As long as he doesn't get drafted by Baltimore, Tennessee, Panthers, or Cardinals.
I don't hate any of those spots.  Although Baltimore is just 1 wasted year til 2020 when they get a legit QB.  Same with Tennessee.  Carolina has Cam who is really good, and I expect him to run less as he ages so that's a good thing for WR's.  And the Cardinals get either Rosen who I'm super excited about or Murray who the whole NFL seems to be excited about.  Situations change quickly and there isn't a dominant WR on any of those teams that would shy me away from Harmon.  

I don't hate any of those spots.  Although Baltimore is just 1 wasted year til 2020 when they get a legit QB.  Same with Tennessee.  Carolina has Cam who is really good, and I expect him to run less as he ages so that's a good thing for WR's.  And the Cardinals get either Rosen who I'm super excited about or Murray who the whole NFL seems to be excited about.  Situations change quickly and there isn't a dominant WR on any of those teams that would shy me away from Harmon.  
Not sold on Murray or Rosen.  Cam isn’t that great and he runs too much in red zone.

I will take my stand here: Harmon is the WR I want nothing to do with. Low market share, late breakout age, not an impressive athlete, older prospect. All the things I want to avoid.

I will take my stand here: Harmon is the WR I want nothing to do with. Low market share, late breakout age, not an impressive athlete, older prospect. All the things I want to avoid.
Fair enough.  He definitely scares some analytical people with all of that.  I'm more of an eye test guy and then I check numbers to see if things match well or can help me explain. 

Fair enough.  He definitely scares some analytical people with all of that.  I'm more of an eye test guy and then I check numbers to see if things match well or can help me explain. 
All good. I hope he does well but he will become one of those guys who is divisive in the film vs numbers community. Both sides will jump to point him out as proof of victory but I think it is important to always look at the big picture. 

Zyphros said:
Theres hype for Campbell and JJAW? 

Not sold on Murray or Rosen.  Cam isn’t that great and he runs too much in red zone.
Traditionally that is true but he did run a little less at the goal line last year than previous years (granted that could have also been to protect his shoulder) 

Traditionally that is true but he did run a little less at the goal line last year than previous years (granted that could have also been to protect his shoulder) 
I'm sorry but WRs don't excite me in Carolina.  TEs perhaps, but WRs, not so much.

Yeah, he did have that small man syndrome.  Of all the teams I listed Carolina is probably the last one, not the first.
I have seen two mocks now in the past 24 hours that show metcalf to Carolina.  While we do need another wr I would lose my mind if we drafted one in the first.  However if Harmon is there in the 2nd then thats a no brainer for me.  Kid is good.

I have seen two mocks now in the past 24 hours that show metcalf to Carolina.  While we do need another wr I would lose my mind if we drafted one in the first.  However if Harmon is there in the 2nd then thats a no brainer for me.  Kid is good.
Who would you compare him to? Trying to warm up on him...

He's a one trick pony, no thanks.
He's really not.  He doesn't have a lot of work running precision routes, but he catches well, he's got strong hand/eye and tracks the ball well, and he does a really good job of running at a slower tempo then accelerating into the ball and running through the catch.  At OSU this caused a ton of bad angles he would just destroy once they realized he wasn't where they thought he was, and that will translate a bit to the NFL, but what it will also do is keep the DB on his hip and then allow him to run away from the guy.  He's got elite speed and knows how to use it and he's not a small guy at 210.  He's a former RB, although I am not suggesting he'll overpower many safeties, he doesn't run nearly as hard as most RB's do, he just has solid size/strength to break through reachers that might bring down other speed guys like Issabella and Marquise Brown.

And he seems to be a hard worker, so we don't know what might happen if he ends up running a year or three with a guy like Larry Legend or AB - if he works his craft the sky is the limit for this dude. 

He's really not.  He doesn't have a lot of work running precision routes, but he catches well, he's got strong hand/eye and tracks the ball well, and he does a really good job of running at a slower tempo then accelerating into the ball and running through the catch.  At OSU this caused a ton of bad angles he would just destroy once they realized he wasn't where they thought he was, and that will translate a bit to the NFL, but what it will also do is keep the DB on his hip and then allow him to run away from the guy.  He's got elite speed and knows how to use it and he's not a small guy at 210.  He's a former RB, although I am not suggesting he'll overpower many safeties, he doesn't run nearly as hard as most RB's do, he just has solid size/strength to break through reachers that might bring down other speed guys like Issabella and Marquise Brown.

And he seems to be a hard worker, so we don't know what might happen if he ends up running a year or three with a guy like Larry Legend or AB - if he works his craft the sky is the limit for this dude. 
If Parris Campbell is a one trick pony then Harmon is a zero trick pony

If Parris Campbell is a one trick pony then Harmon is a zero trick pony
Since Parris isn't a one trick pony, then I'll consider that a compliment to Harmon.  

Harmon runs very detailed routes, it isn't super explosive or quick twitchy but they are detailed in the subtleties.  Normally I prefer the quick twitch athlete who can make moves combined with other moves, and this limits Harmon in a way since he can't do that, but he is a finesse type of player because his athleticism dictates that.  He's also has an extreme "my ball" mentality and a fight to him that he will get it.  That's the side of him I really like, the finesse and the attitude along with his size.  It's also what I think will help him succeed, the attitude part that he won't be denied the ball.  Kind of contrasts a bit with his finesse side, and it might get him in trouble finding areas to operate in the NFL, but I like his chances.  

Users who are viewing this thread