What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] HyperActive Draft (1 Viewer)

ninerfan

Footballguy
I was involved with the same draft with JAA. Might as well get all twelve team owners' perspectives. Those of you in the Hyper conference please feel free to post your drafts and analysis on this thread.

Seattle Stars:

My strategy was to trade out of the first round in hopes of securing five picks within the top 50. I traded my 1.06 and 6.07 for Family Matters' 2.04 and 3.09.

Since this is a PPR league and we can start up to four WRs, I went heavy on WR's early, thinking that most of the quality WRs might be gone by the end of the fourth round. I wanted to get as many impact players for my starting lineup and worry about drafting depth afterward.

Pick Ovr Selection

2.04 16 Jordan, Lamont OAK RB (Was pleased to see him here, passed on Holt.)

2.07 19 Boldin, Anquan ARI WR (Passed on Rudi Johnson and Randy Moss. I felt he was a good value here since he'll most likely post numbers close to Fitzgerald who went at 1.09.)

3.06 30 Owens, Terrell DAL WR (Was going to draft Jamal Lewis but jumped on TO, hoping Jamal would still be there three picks later.)

3.09 33 Lewis, Jamal BAL RB (Yep!)

4.07 43 Chambers, Chris MIA WR (Very happy to see him available here. Drafted after Roy Williams.)

5.06 54 McNabb, Donovan PHI QB (I normally don't take QBs in until the 6th or 7th round but McNabb at 5.06 was too good to pass up. Palmer. Eli, Brady, and Roethlisberger all went ahead of McNabb.)

** No 6th round pick **

7.06 78 Witten, Jason DAL TE (Good value at 7.06. One of the last decent TE's left.)

8.07 91 Taylor, Fred JAC RB (RBs were starting to run thin. Took Fred knowing that I'd have to fill in his back-ups. Still, decent value in the middle of the 8th.)

9.06 102 Burleson, Nate SEA WR (I think he's going to produce in Seattle in the 1A role again. DJax may or many not be ready at the beginning of the season. Burleson will be either my 4th starter or bye week filler for the my three stud WRs.)

10.07 115 Leftwich, Byron JAC QB (Brees, Plummer, Carr, Simms, Leinart, Young, Cutler, Vick, and Delhomme all went before Byron.)

11.06 126 Jones, Greg JAC RB (If Freddy T goes Jones will be the thunder.)

12.07 139 Drew, Maurice JAC RB (...and Drew will be the lightning.)

13.06 150 Duckett, T.J. ATL RB (Not sure why he was available in the middle of the 13th round but I had to take him.)

14.07 163 Lloyd, Brandon WAS WR (Someone has to catch balls other than Santana.)

15.06 174 Anderson, Mike BAL RB (Really didn't want to waste a pick on MA but...)

16.07 187 Bradley, Mark CHI WR (I really liked him last season. One of my sleepers for 2006.)

17.06 198 McCareins, Justin NYJ WR (Oh well, he's still a starter.)

18.07 211 Pollard, Marcus DET TE (Eh...)

19.06 222 Losman, J.P. BUF QB (wanted a 3rd QB. Settled for half of one.)

20.07 235 Redskins, Washington WAS Def (We don't get to keep our defenses.)

21.06 246 Bennett, Michael NOS RB (Somebody's GOT to be traded.)

22.07 259 Longwell, Ryan MIN PK (Eh...)

23.06 270 Jones, Brandon TEN WR (Sleeper candidate.)

24.07 283 Holcomb, Kelly BUF QB (...and then drafted the other half.)

25.06 294 Engram, Bobby SEA WR (Burleson insurance)

26.07 307 Price, Peerless FA WR (Possible starter in Buffalo.)

My starting lineup will look like this:

QB - McNabb

RB - Jordan

WR - Owens

FLX - Boldin

FLX - Chambers

FLX - J. Lewis/Burleson

TE - Witten

K - Longwell

D -Redskins

Last edited by a moderator:
Family Matters roster is here: http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2006/...412&F=0017&O=07

I lost track of the number trades I had made. I didn't know we were going to do write ups or I would have been better prepared.

Originally drafting from the 9 hole, I made a few trades and ended up with the 1.1, 4.4, 4.8, 4.12, 5.9, 6.7, 7.5 & 9.1. to begin. I had several palyers targeted but i really wanted LJ. I felt starting with him gave me a head start and would allow me to draft for depth in rounds 4-9. My first picks were:

RB: L.J.

RB: Addai

RB: Foster

WR:S.Moss

WR: Driver

TE: Gonzo

WR: Mason

QB: Plummer

From there I felt I could draft need the remainder of the way. This was my first ever dynasty draft so I wasn't sure what to expect. Getting value for this year while addressing future years was a different approach that took some getting used to. For example, Mason and Gonzo were excellent value IMO. While older they produce well and may still have 3 more good years.

Feel free to post your comments. I have no ideas haow others feel about this team but here are ny likely starters:

QB:Warner/Plummer

WR: S.Moss

Flx: Addai/Mason

K: Vianatieri

D: Carolina

Family Matters roster is here: http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2006/...412&F=0017&O=07

I lost track of the number trades I had made. I didn't know we were going to do write ups or I would have been better prepared.

Originally drafting from the 9 hole, I made a few trades and ended up with the 1.1, 4.4, 4.8, 4.12, 5.9, 6.7, 7.5 & 9.1. to begin. I had several palyers targeted but i really wanted LJ. I felt starting with him gave me a head start and would allow me to draft for depth in rounds 4-9. My first picks were:

RB: Addai

WR:S.Moss

TE: Gonzo

WR: Mason

QB: Plummer

From there I felt I could draft need the remainder of the way. This was my first ever dynasty draft so I wasn't sure what to expect. Getting value for this year while addressing future years was a different approach that took some getting used to. For example, Mason and Gonzo were excellent value IMO. While older they produce well and may still have 3 more good years.

Feel free to post your comments. I have no ideas haow others feel about this team but here are ny likely starters:

QB:Warner/Plummer

WR: S.Moss

Flx: Addai/Mason

K: Vianatieri

D: Carolina

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:makes mental notes for our draft: :D

I think your first 8 picks were perfect. While your players arent the youngest, you have a solid 3 year competitive window. You got excellent value with each one and Boldin and Chambers achoring your WR core.

Areas I think you could improve upon would be prjecting future talent. Picks like Greg Jones, Bennett, Duckett, Losman, Engram, Price are all players that should never enter your starting lineup. They dont really have any future outlook. None will be studs in the NFL. None will see the field extensively unless there is an injury.

I think your first 8 picks were perfect.  While your players arent the youngest, you have a solid 3 year competitive window.  You got excellent value with each one and Boldin and Chambers achoring your WR core.

Areas I think you could improve upon would be prjecting future talent.  Picks like Greg Jones, Bennett, Duckett, Losman, Engram, Price are all players that should never enter your starting lineup.  They dont really have any future outlook.  None will be studs in the NFL.  None will see the field extensively unless there is an injury.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Losman is not bad value at that pick at all, I disagree. He's started what.... 8 games or so and we've come to the conclusion that he'll never be a quality starter? A bit premature.Greg Jones- who knows what's going on there, but he contributed last season when Taylor went down. Drew is no guarantee just yet, and Seattle already has Drew from the following round, not a bad pick at all... he locked up the spot should Taylor go down again. Never mind the fact that Taylor's getting up there.

No sense in taking complete fliers when there is talent on the board. Obviously question marks, but still solid talent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread