What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2022 NFL Draft Class (1 Viewer)

What’s the scoop on ALA RB Brian Robinson?  I don’t think I’ve seen his name pop up on any of the top 5 type lists for rookie RBs but he sure does seem to produce.  Just a product of system or flying under the radar due to other big names on that team?
4 star recruit out of HS.  Rated lower than Najee Harris, Cam Akers and Deandre Swift but higher than Trey Sermon and Travis Etienne in that HS class.  Just watching clips of him, I see a steady, downhill runner.  Makes me think Damien Harris.  There is a spot for this guy in the league for sure, but I think I would prefer Walker, Breece Hall and maybe even Spiller ahead of him and maybe others after I really starting ranking this class.

I have the 1.01 and I’m in a complete rebuild. I’ve been trying the last few days to move it for some extra capital and more 2023 1sts(I have 5 at the moment) but so far no takers. I’m not crazy about any of these QB’s, and running back makes little sense for my team at the moment. If I keep the pick I’ll likely go WR, but my hope is this class starts to gain some momentum once these QB’s land somewhere(my league is 2QB). 
Yeah I traded for a 2022 1st that has become the 1.1.  I finished 2nd in my league, so I have no real immediate needs though RB is always needed.

Most of the season I thought the 1.1 was the Breece Hall sweepstakes, but at this moment prefer Kenneth Walker.  Landing spots for the RB will be a BIG factor.

Winning IS Everything said:
4 star recruit out of HS.  Rated lower than Najee Harris, Cam Akers and Deandre Swift but higher than Trey Sermon and Travis Etienne in that HS class.  Just watching clips of him, I see a steady, downhill runner.  Makes me think Damien Harris.  There is a spot for this guy in the league for sure, but I think I would prefer Walker, Breece Hall and maybe even Spiller ahead of him and maybe others after I really starting ranking this class.
Agreed.  For what it is worth, I have Robinson RB7 on my very early draft board.  In a RB class noted for some bigger backs, I feel like Robinson could slide due to his limited athleticism, but he could definitely find a role with the right team.

Kenneth Walker III (Michigan State) RB1 5-10 210
Breece Hall (Iowa State) RB2 6-1 215
Isaiah Spiller (Texas A&M) RB3 6-1 225
Zach Charbonnet (UCLA) RB4 6-1 210
Kyren Williams (Notre Dame) RB5 5-9 195
James Cook (Georgia) RB6 5-11 190
Brian Robinson Jr. (Alabama) RB7 6-1 225

I'm not an evaluator of college talent.    I respect the opinions of posters in threads like these that definitely are.   I'm just a guy that likes to be able to attach some names and talent profiles to what a late 1st or an early 3rd round selection might look like in my 1QB Empire League when the rookie draft comes around in August.   Hence, this is a crude attempt to compile a very preliminary cheat sheet based primarily on the rankings and profiles that Faust and others have been kind enough to post over the duration of the college season.

Here's what I have at this very early date:

1. Breece Hall  rb   isu
  2. Kenneth Walker rb msu
  3. Isaiah Spiller rb a&m    - end of tier 1, these first three can be considered placeholders for the value of the top rb situations with a door open for the top rookies to make an impact out of the gate.  This is less of an endorsement of these three names as talents worthy of a top rookie pick.  I think there's some  possibility that the consensus top rookie RB in August isn't any of these three, even if these names seem to be the early favorites.  I don't think any of the WR talents are special enough to wrestle away the consensus 1.1 selection, but maybe I will be proven wrong.   Nothing is sacred about three.   There could be one or four RBs taken before the top WRs come off, but two or three seems most plausible.  If one or two of the top WRs land in great spots, they probably belong on the top tier with the top RB options.
  4. Treylon Burks wr ark
  5. David Bell wr pur
  6. Garrett Wilson wr osu
  7. Chris Olave wr osu
  8. George Pickens wr uga
  9. Drake London wr usc
  10. Jahan Dotson wr psu
  11. Jameson Williams  wr bama  -- end of Tier 2?
  12. Kyren Williams rb nd
  13. Zach Charbonnet rb ucla 
  14. John Metchie III wr bama  -- or maybe this is the end of Tier 2.
  15. Malik Willis qb lib  -  running potential in 1QB league
  16. Kenny Pickett qb pitt  - probably bump him to top qb in 2QB
  17. Matt Corral  qb miss
  18. Trey McBride te co st
  19. Brian Robinson Jr. rb bama
  20. Jalen Tolbert  wr so al
  21. Tyler Allgeier rb byu
  22. Zonovan Knight rb ncsu
  23. Jalen Wydermyer te a&m
  24. Sam Howell qb unc
  25. Khalil Shakir  wr bsu
  26. James Cook rb uga
  27. Rachaad White rb asu
  28. Carson Strong qb nev
  29. Jerome Ford rb cincy
  30. Skyy Moore  wr wmu
  31. Romeo Doubs wr nev
  32. Wan'Dale Robinson wr ky
  33. Desmond Ridder qb cin
  34. Justyn Ross wr clem
  35. Zamir White rb uga
  36. Sincere McCormick rb utsa
  37. Jerrion Ealy rb miss
  38. Tyler Badie rb mizzou
  39. Erik Ezukanma wr tx tech
  40. Kevin Harris rb sc
  41. Dameon Pierce rb fla
  42. Jahleel Billingsley te bama
  43. Alec Pierce wr cincy
  44. Isaiah Likely te coastal car
  45. Zay Flowers wr bc
  46. Joe Ngata wr clem
  47. CJ Verdell rb ore
  48. Eric Gray rb okla
  49. Hassan Haskins rb mich
  50. Jeremy Ruckert te osu
  51. Cade Otton te  wa
  52. Tyler Goodson rb iowa
  53. D'Vonte Price rb fl atlantic
  54. Tanner McKee qb stan
  55. Keaontay Ingram rb usc
  56. Derrick Deese Jr te sjsu
  57. Calvin Austin III wr mem
  58. Kennedy Brooks rb okla
  59. Charlie Kolar te isu
  60. Sam LaPorta te iowa

Basically,  my cheat sheet for someone that feels compelled to have a cheat sheet in January for some reason.   

Any names that belong on, off, up, or down the list?   

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not an evaluator of college talent.    I respect the opinions of posters in threads like these that definitely are.   I'm just a guy that likes to be able to attach some names and talent profiles to what a late 1st or an early 3rd round selection might look like in my 1QB Empire League when the rookie draft comes around in August.   Hence, this is a crude attempt to compile a very preliminary cheat sheet based primarily on the rankings and profiles that Faust and others have been kind enough to post over the duration of the college season.

1. Breece Hall  rb   isu
  2. Kenneth Walker rb msu
  3. Isaiah Spiller rb a&m    - end of tier 1, these first three can be considered placeholders for the value of the top rb situations with a door open for the top rookies to make an impact out of the gate.  This is less of an endorsement of these three names as talents worthy of a top rookie pick.  I think there's some  possibility that the consensus top rookie RB in August isn't any of these three, even if these names seem to be the early favorites.  I don't think any of the WR talents are special enough to wrestle away the consensus 1.1 selection, but maybe I will be proven wrong.   Nothing is sacred about three.   There could be one or four RBs taken before the top WRs come off, but two or three seems most plausible.  If one or two of the top WRs land in great spots, they probably belong on the top tier with the top RB options.
  4. Treylon Burks wr ark
  5. David Bell wr pur
  6. Garrett Wilson wr osu
  7. Chris Olave wr osu
  8. George Pickens wr uga
  9. Drake London wr usc
  10. Jameson Williams  wr bama  - end of Tier 2?
  11. Jahan Dotson wr psu
  12. Kyren Williams rb nd
  13. John Metchie III wr bama
  14. Zach Charbonnet rb ucla  -- or maybe this is the end of Tier 2.
  17. Matt Corral  qb miss
  20. Khalil Shakir  wr bsu
  21. Jalen Tolbert  wr so al
  22. Tyler Allgeier rb byu
  23. Zonovan Knight rb ncsu
  24. Jalen Wydermyer te a&m
  25. Sam Howell qb unc
  26. Rachaad White rb asu
  27. James Cook rb uga
  28. Carson Strong qb nev
  29. Skyy Moore  wr wmu
  30. Romeo Doubs wr nev
  31. Justyn Ross wr clem
  32. Desmond Ridder qb cin
  33. Jayden Reed wr msu
  34. Zamir White rb uga
  35. Sincere McCormick rb utsa
  36. Jerrion Ealy rb miss
  37. Tyler Badie rb mizzou
  38. Erik Ezukanma wr tx tech
  39. Kevin Harris rb sc
  40. Isaiah Likely te coastal car
  41. Zay Flowers wr bc
  42. Joe Ngata wr clem
  43. CJ Verdell rb ore
  44. Dameon Pierce rb fla
  45. Jahleel Billingsley te bama
  46. Eric Gray rb okla
  47. Hassan Haskins rb mich
  48. Wan'Dale Robinson wr kent
  49. Tyler Goodson rb iowa
  50. Charlie Kolar te isu

Basically,  my cheat sheet for someone that feels compelled to have a cheat sheet in January for some reason.   

Well done!

1. Breece Hall  rb   isu
  2. Kenneth Walker rb msu
  4. Treylon Burks wr ark
  5. David Bell wr pur
  6. Garrett Wilson wr osu
  7. Chris Olave wr osu
  8. George Pickens wr uga
  9. Drake London wr usc
  10. Jameson Williams  wr bama  - end of Tier 2?
  11. Jahan Dotson wr psu
  12. Kyren Williams rb nd
  13. John Metchie III wr bama
  14. Zach Charbonnet rb ucla  -- or maybe this is the end of Tier 2.
  17. Matt Corral  qb miss
  20. Khalil Shakir  wr bsu
  21. Jalen Tolbert  wr so al
  22. Tyler Allgeier rb byu
  23. Zonovan Knight rb ncsu
  24. Jalen Wydermyer te a&m
  25. Sam Howell qb unc
  26. Rachaad White rb asu
  27. James Cook rb uga
  28. Carson Strong qb nev
  29. Skyy Moore  wr wmu
  30. Romeo Doubs wr nev
  31. Justyn Ross wr clem
  32. Desmond Ridder qb cin
  33. Jayden Reed wr msu
  34. Zamir White rb uga
  35. Sincere McCormick rb utsa
  36. Jerrion Ealy rb miss
  37. Tyler Badie rb mizzou
  38. Erik Ezukanma wr tx tech
  39. Kevin Harris rb sc
  40. Isaiah Likely te coastal car
  41. Zay Flowers wr bc
  42. Joe Ngata wr clem
  43. CJ Verdell rb ore
  44. Dameon Pierce rb fla
  45. Jahleel Billingsley te bama
  46. Eric Gray rb okla
  47. Hassan Haskins rb mich
  48. Wan'Dale Robinson wr kent
  49. Tyler Goodson rb iowa
  50. Charlie Kolar te isu

There will undoubtedly be a lot of variance on projected fantasy draft boards at this very early stage, and your board will no doubt undergo many changes before it is all said and done, but it is not terribly different than mine right now.

I feel like the top 3 (or so) at each position are largely interchangeable at this early point.  At QB, Kenny Pickett, Matt Corral and Malik WIllis stand out as the first tier, but I have gone back and forth on their order.  The same applies at RB with Kenneth Walker III, Breece Hall and Isaiah Spiller.  Put their names in a hat, and draw!  At WR, there is a bit less distinction between the top tiers, but I feel like Treylon Burks, Garrett Wilson and Drake London (in some order) stand out.  (Jameson Williams was also in this tier for me before his injury.) 

Jerome Ford is ranked like eighteenth in DLF's (Dynasty League Football's) rankings. I think he transferred from Alabama to Cincinnati and ran well this year. Check his highlights. Speed, size, wiggle. I think he might be one of those guys that aces the combine and rises above eighteenth, actually. 

Interesting to see your list, though. Thanks for sharing. 

Anyone have an opinions on the TE group for a TE premium league??
McBride seems to be gaining traction as the top ranked TE in many of the rankings.   Wydermyer is also right there.   I think the top TE prospects in this draft are coming in somewhere below the Pat Freiermuth level from last season.

Jerome Ford is ranked like eighteenth in DLF's (Dynasty League Football's) rankings. I think he transferred from Alabama to Cincinnati and ran well this year. Check his highlights. Speed, size, wiggle. I think he might be one of those guys that aces the combine and rises above eighteenth, actually. 

Good one to call out.   Didn't get a chance to watch much of Cincy in the playoff, but definitely sounds like one to watch.   Him and teammate (wr) Alec Pierce were two names that shot way up the chart of one of the more recent top 100/150 overall lists. 

One of the things about RB placeholders up top... you have to be able to identify some situations ripe for a rookie takeover in 2022, especially when the top backs aren't elite prospects and carry some flaws.

• Houston seems wide open for a workhorse, but it's Houston. 
  • Miami might attempt to upgrade with a top back, but perhaps I'm too low on Gaskin
  • Atlanta seems like it has room for a more conventional RB next to Patterson.
  • Maybe Arizona depending on Conner, but probably a time-share with Edmonds.
  • Buffalo probably takes another swing at the Zack Moss role.  If they don't go with a veteran signing like Michel, maybe they go with one of top college backs and maybe they're able to keep Singletary in a #2 change of pace role.
  • Maybe KC tries to draft real competition for CEH, but doubt that's a top priority this offseason.
  • Maybe Seattle moves on from Carson, but Penny seems like a guy who's going to get a chance to prove he's a late bloomer.
  • Maybe New Orleans or Tennessee look for their next RB after Kamara / Henry.
  • Maybe the Jets add another back to form a 1-2 punch with Carter.
Houston, Atlanta, and Miami seem like safe landing spots that will offer immediate volume, but maybe not overwhelming rookie season production.   I'm not necessarily expecting Arizona, Buffalo, or KC to draft one of the top 3-5 RB prospects, but you would definitely take notice if they did.    As you would with a top back finding their way to NO or TEN, if you're willing to accept a redshirt season (or two).  

Robinson is a stud, but there are not a lot of examples of 5-8 receivers making a big splash in the pros. To his credit, Wan’Dale Robinson plays bigger than his size. 
Seems to be a real disparity over his actual size depending on where you read. 

Certainly worth keeping an eye on when the measurements are taken at the combine. 

Texas Tech junior kicker Jonathan Garibay will declare for the NFL draft.

Garibay (6'0/215) made huge strides in 2021 going from a 72.7 field goal percentage the previous year to 93.8. He was a 2021 Lou Groza Award semifinalist for the best kicker in College Football. He finished the season 15-for-16 on field-goal attempts and 49-for-50 on PATS. Don't expect this to be a Sebastian Janikowski or Mike Nugent situation, but Garibay will be sought after in the upcoming draft.

SOURCE: jon Garibay Twitter

Jan 16, 2022, 6:06 PM ET

I am adding my VERY EARLY 2022 Rookie Fantasy Rankings here by request.   

There are no elite QB prospects, but I like the depth of this QB class.

• Kenny Pickett (Pittsburgh) QB1 (Tier 1) 6-3 220
  • Matt Corral (Ole Miss) QB2 (Tier 1) 6-0 200
  • Malik Willis (Liberty)  QB3 (Tier 1) 6-1  215
  • Sam Howell (North Carolina) QB4 (Tier 2) 6-1 220
  • Desmond Ridder (Cincinnati)  QB5 (Tier 2) 6-4  215
  • Carson Strong (Nevada) QB6 (Tier 2) 6-4 215
  • Tanner McKee (Stanford) QB7 (Tier 3) 6-6  228
  • Bailey Zappe (Western Kentucky)  QB8 (Tier 3) 6-1  220
There is no consensus on the order of the top tier of RBs (Hall, Walker and Spiller).  Given the depth at WR and scarcity of starting RBs, however, I have the trio atop my early board.  This is not an especially deep RB class, but the good news is that the RBs at the top of this class all boast feature back size.

• Breece Hall  (Iowa State)  RB1 (Tier 1)  6-1  215
  • Kenneth Walker III (Michigan State)  RB2 (Tier 1)  5-10  210
  • Isaiah Spiller (Texas A&M)  RB3 (Tier 1)  6-1  225
  • Kyren Williams (Notre Dame)  RB4 (Tier 2)  5-9  195
  • James Cook  (Georgia)  RB5 (Tier 3)  5-11  190
  • Tyler Allgeier (BYU)  RB6 (Tier 3)  5-11  220
  • Brian Robinson Jr.  (Alabama)  RB7 (Tier 3)  6-1  225
  • Rachaad White (Arizona State) RB8 (Tier 3)  6-2 210
  • Jerrion Ealy (Ole Miss)  RB9 (Tier 3)  5-8  190
  • Zamir White  (Georgia)  RB10 (Tier 3)  5-11  215
  • Chris Rodriguez  (Kentucky) RB11 (Tier 3)  5-11 225
  • Jerome Ford  (Cincinnati) RB12 (Tier 3)  5-11 220
  • Max Borghi  (Washington State) RB13 (Tier 3)  5-9 195
  • Kevin Harris (South Carolina)  5-10  225
  • Zonovan Knight  (North Carolina State)  5-11  210
  • CJ Verdell (Oregon)  5-8  211
  • TJ Pledger (Utah)  5-9  196
  • Tyler Badie (Missouri) 5-8 198
  • Keaontay Ingram (USC) 5-11 225
  • Abram Smith (Baylor) 5-11 221
  • Hassan Haskins  (Michigan) 6-1 220
  • Sincere McCormick (UTSA)  5-9  200
  • Ronnie Rivers (Fresno State)  5-9  195
  • Raheem Blackshear  (Virginia Tech)  5-9  198
  • Kennedy Brooks (Oklahoma)  5-11  209
  • Dameon Pierce (Florida)  5-10  215
  • Kenny McIntosh  (Georgia)  6-1  210
  • Bryant Koback  (Toledo)  5-11  191
  • D’Vonte Price  (Florida International)  6-2  225
  • ZaQuandre White (South Carolina )  6-2  205
This is another good WR class, although it will fall short of the 2020 and 2021 classes in terms of overall depth.

• Treylon Burks (Arkansas)  WR1 (Tier 1)  6-3   225
  • Garrett Wilson (Ohio State)  WR2 (Tier 1)  6-0  188
  • Drake London (USC)  WR3 (Tier 1)  6-5  210
  • Chris Olave (Ohio State)  WR4 (Tier 2)  6-1  188
  • David Bell (Purdue) WR5 (Tier 2)  6-2  205
  • Jameson Williams (Alabama) WR6 (Tier 2) 6-2 189
  • George Pickens (Georgia)  WR7 (Tier 2)  6-3  200
  • Jahan Dotson (Penn State) WR8 (Tier 2)  5-11  184
  • John Metchie III (Alabama) WR9 (Tier 3)  6-0  195
  • Romeo Doubs (Nevada) WR10 (Tier 3)  6-2  200
  • Wan’Dale Robinson (Kentucky) WR11 (Tier 3)  5-9  185
  • Jalen Tolbert (South Alabama) WR12 (Tier 3)  6-3  190 
  • Justyn Ross (Clemson) WR13 (Tier 3)  6-4  205
  • Skyy Moore (Western Michigan)  5-10  195
  • Khalil Shakir (Boise State)  6-0  190
  • Erik Ezukanma (Texas Tech)  6-3  220
  • Alec Pierce (Cincinnati)  6-3  213
  • Jaivon Heiligh (Coastal Carolina)  6-2  200
  • Dontario Drummond (Ole Miss)  6-0  215
  • Jaquarii Roberson (Wake Forest)  6-1  183
While there is no Kyle Pitts or Pat Freiermuth, this is an intriguing TE class.

• Trey McBride (Colorado State) TE1 (Tier 1)  6-4 260
  • Jalen Wydermyer (Texas A&M) TE2 (Tier 1)  6-5 255
  • Isaiah Likely (Coastal Carolina) TE3 (Tier 2)  6-4 240
  • Cade Otton (Washington)  6-5  250
  • Cole Turner (Nevada)  6-6  240
  • Jeremy Ruckert (Ohio State)  6-5  250
  • Charlie Kolar (Iowa State)  6-6  260
  • Jahleel Billingsley (Alabama)  6-4  230
  • Greg Dulcich (UCLA)  6-3  245
  • Jake Ferguson (Wisconsin)  6-5  244
  • James Mitchell (Virginia Tech)  6-3  242
Here is my extremely preliminary combined three-round board.  (PPR rankings, start 1QB, no TE premium.)  I have omitted my player analysis and “range of comparisons”, for now.  I will add those later as things start to come more into focus.

Your feedback is always welcome!

1.01   Breece Hall   RB1 (Tier 1)   6-1   215   Iowa State
1.02   Kenneth Walker III   RB2 (Tier 1)   6-0   210   Michigan State
1.03   Isaiah Spiller   RB3 (Tier 1)   6-1   225   Texas A&M
1.04   Treylon Burks   WR1 (Tier 1)   6-3   225   Arkansas
1.05   Garrett Wilson   WR2 (Tier 1)   6-0   188   Ohio State
1.06   Drake London   WR3 (Tier 1)   6-5   210   USC
1.07   Chris Olave   WR4 (Tier 2)   6-1   188   Ohio State
1.08   David Bell   WR5 (Tier 2)   6-2   205   Purdue
1.09   Jameson Williams   WR6 (Tier 2)   6-2   189   Alabama
1.10   George Pickens   WR7 (Tier 2)   6-3   200   Georgia
1.11   Kyren Williams   RB4 (Tier 2)   5-9   195   Notre Dame
1.12   Jahan Dotson   WR8 (Tier 2)   5-11   184   Penn State

2.01   James Cook   RB5 (Tier 3)   5-11   190   Georgia
2.02   Tyler Allgeier RB6 (Tier 3)   5-11   220   BYU
2.03   Kenny Pickett   QB1 (Tier 1)   6-3   220   Pittsburgh
2.04   Matt Corral   QB2 (Tier 1)   6-0   200   Ole Miss
2.05   Malik Willis   QB3 (Tier 1)   6-1   215   Liberty
2.06   Trey McBride   TE1 (Tier 1)   6-4   260   Colorado State
2.07   Jalen Wydermyer   TE2 (Tier 1)   6-5   255   Texas A&M
2.08   John Metchie III   WR9 (Tier 3)   6-0   195   Alabama
2.09   Brian Robinson Jr.   RB7 (Tier 3)   6-1   225   Alabama
2.10   Romeo Doubs   WR10 (Tier 3)   6-2   200   Nevada
2.11   Wan’Dale Robinson   WR11 (Tier 3)   5-9   185   Kentucky
2.12   Rachaad White   RB8 (Tier 3)   6-2   210   Arizona State

3.01   Sam Howell   QB4 (Tier 2)   6-1   220   North Carolina
3.02   Desmond Ridder QB5 (Tier 2)   6-4   215   Cincinnati
3.03   Carson Strong   QB6 (Tier 2)   6-4   215   Nevada
3.04   Jerrion Ealy   RB9 (Tier 3)   5-8   190   Ole Miss
3.05   Jalen Tolbert   WR12 (Tier 3)   6-3   190   South Alabama
3.06   Zamir White   RB10 (Tier 3)   5-11   215   Georgia
3.07   Justyn Ross WR13 (Tier 3)   6-4   205   Clemson
3.08   Isaiah Likely  TE3 (Tier 2)   6-4   240   Coastal Carolina
3.09   Chris Rodriguez RB11 (Tier 4)   5-11   225   Kentucky
3.10   Jerome Ford   RB12 (Tier 4)   5-11   220   Cincinnati
3.11   Max Borghi   RB13 (Tier 4)   5-9   195   Washington State
3.12   Skyy Moore   WR14 (Tier 4)   5-10   195   Western Michigan

I got picks 1 and 9 in every round of a rookie draft plus another pick in the 2nd rd, so I will be checking back in here over the next few months, but not often until after the NFL draft and the destinations of these players is determined.   I will watch some clips of the top RBs and WRs.

Q:   Herbert, M Jones, Love
R:  J Williams, Montgomery, Barkley, Penny, Scott
W:  Juju, OBJ, CLaypool, Renfrow, Rondale Moore, DPJ, Toney, Gallup, N Collins
T:  Fant, I Smith, Brevin

Deadline has passed for underclassmen to declare.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Miller@nfldraftscout

The deadline for underclassmen to enter the 2022 NFL Draft is now passed.

The league will distribute an official list on Friday once the 72 hour period for players to withdraw has passed.

Faust said:
2022 NFL Draft Big Board: PFF's Top 150 Prospects
14. LB NAKOBE DEAN, GEORGIA

Dean's range at the linebacker position is unparalleled in this draft class. He’s not only straight-line fast, but he also processes and reacts with elite quickness.

--------------------------------------------------

Matt Miller@nfldraftscout

Interesting linebacker nugget for 2022 Draft: Spoke to three scouts this week and none have Nakobe Dean as the top linebacker. There's a lot of love out there for Christian Harris (Bama)

PFF LB rankings

1. NAKOBE DEAN, GEORGIA

BIG BOARD RANK: 11

He may not be the physical prototype at 6-foot and 225 pounds, but no one plays the game faster at the linebacker position in college football. He’s earned a 91.9 pass-rushing grade and a 90.8 coverage grade this season.

2. DEVIN LLOYD, UTAH

BIG BOARD RANK: 21

There may be no better all-around linebacker in the class. Take on blocks, blitz, cover tight ends — it doesn’t matter because Lloyd can do it. It’s why he earned an 89.2 grade this year with above-average grades in every facet.

3. BRANDON SMITH, PENN STATE

BIG BOARD RANK: 47

Smith has special movement skills for a 6-foot-3, 241-pounder. In 2020, he played the slot role for Penn State’s defense. This year, as a traditional linebacker, he’s earned a 79.9 coverage grade.

4. CHRISTIAN HARRIS, ALABAMA

BIG BOARD RANK: 59

Harris continues to grade below the sum of his physical tools. He’s been starting at Alabama since he was a freshman in 2019 yet has never earned a coverage grade above 50.7 in a single season. Still, the man can take on blocks and wrap up on ball carriers in space.

1.01   Breece Hall   RB1 (Tier 1)   6-1   215   Iowa State
1.02   Kenneth Walker III   RB2 (Tier 1)   6-0   210   Michigan State
Great work, Socrates!  This has generally been my opinion at the top, but I think landing spots and Walker's long speed could move him to the top.  Either way, I see these two as the clear top 2.

Great work, Socrates!  This has generally been my opinion at the top, but I think landing spots and Walker's long speed could move him to the top.  Either way, I see these two as the clear top 2.
Draft capital and draft destination are going to be so important to the RBs.  I have gone back and forth on their order.

Draft oddity both Alabama WRs with ACL injuries?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Low@ClowESPN

Not a huge surprise, but told John Metchie will join Jameson Williams in entering the NFL draft. Both suffered torn ACL injuries late in the season and combined for 23 TD catches. Good news for

@AlabamaFTBL

is that safety Jordan Battle is expected to return next season.

Users who are viewing this thread