What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2022 NFL Draft Class (2 Viewers)

anyone know of dynasty startups? Looking for leagues is dead forum.

I lost a couple with the paypal fiasco

Just DM me if you know of anyone starting one up 

THanks

Pete Carroll: Drew Lock would have been the first quarterback picked in this year’s draft

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll thinks Drew Lock is better than any quarterback who was selected in the 2022 NFL draft.

Carroll said on Sports Radio KJR that Lock — who went to the Broncos with the 42nd pick in the 2019 draft — would have been chosen ahead of first-round pick Kenny Pickett or any other quarterback in the 2022 draft.

“I think he’d have been the first guy picked, of quarterbacks anyway. He’d have been the first guy in this draft. I don’t have any hesitation saying that,” Carroll said.

Some of my Overrated/Underrated Rookie Draft Observations

UNDERRATED ROOKIES

Pierre Strong, Jr. runs with good vision and instincts; when he hits a hole, he explodes through it.  He has reliable hands to be an asset in the receiving game, and he shows some ability in pass protection.  At 5-11, 207, Strong is not a power back, but he runs with determination and has enough size, speed and versatility to be an every-down back in the NFL, if he can make the transition.  As with Christian Watson, Strong is an older rookie, having turned 23 in December.  If Strong can add 5-10 pounds without sacrificing speed and explosiveness, he could become the RB steal of this draft.  New England has long been a blackhole for RB prospects, but this is not a firmly established backfield at the moment.  James White’s future is in some doubt after undergoing hip surgery, plus he is on the wrong side of 30.  Despite New England’s fantasy RB woes, they have historically produced good numbers from their designated receiving back, a role Strong could emerge in.  Rhamondre Stevenson and Damien Harris form a powerful duo of inside thumpers for the Pats, but Harris is in the final season of his rookie contract, and it would not be surprising to see New England let Harris walk.  Strong has the speed to break off big runs, something the Patriots have lacked in recent seasons.  His receiving skills could get Strong on the field, and big plays could earn him an expanded role.  Strong is getting drafted, if at all, very late in Rookie Drafts.  That is a good value.
Range of Comparisons: Raheem Mostert/Elijah Mitchell/Rashaad Penny, with Kareem Hunt upside

Kyren Williams’ fantasy (and NFL) value has dropped precipitously since his underwhelming performance at the Combine.  Williams clocked in considerably slower than expected and lighter than expected, a bad combination.  However, he is one of the premiere receiving backs in this class and an asset picking up blitzing defenders, but he is also not limited to a receiving role.  Turn on his college gametape, and you see a determined runner who runs with shiftiness and more chippiness than you might expect from a smaller back.  Coach Sean McVay is considered one of the most creative offensive minds in the league; he should be able to design plays for the talented former Golden Domer.  Cam Akers made a swift recovery from an injury long considered a career killer for a RB, but there is still some lingering concern in my mind that Akers can find sustained success in 2022.  Akers’ numbers upon return were far short of stellar.  In fact, I cannot think of a single NFL RB who has come back successfully from a ruptured Achilles.  Darrell Henderson has had his own injury concerns, as well.  Kyren Williams is going third round or later in rookie dynasty drafts.  I will grab him everywhere I can at that price!
Range of Comparisons:  Justin Forsett/Dave Meggett, with Kevin Faulk/James White/Tiki Barber upside

George Pickens lost 2021 to an ACL injury, but he recovered in record time, a testament to his dedication to rehab and the success of his surgery.  Pickens broke out as a freshman and looked destined to top this class before injuries and COVID scheduling marred his final two seasons in Athens, and Pickens was unable to capitalize on the early momentum he created.  Although Pickens is smaller than Keyshawn Johnson, he has that same kind of alpha dog, my-ball, bully mentality which should serve him well in the NFL, if he can properly channel it.  Pickens has a slender frame in the mold of AJ Green, but he plays bigger than his 6 foot 3, 195 pound frame might suggest.  Pickens is a smooth athlete, tracks the ball extremely well and has sudden, violent hands at the point of catch.  He won’t shy away from contact, fighting for extra yards and adding value to his team with tenacious blocking, but he also tends to take plays off, not playing with his full effort.  Pickens has had some episodes of immaturity, and he will need to prove he has matured and put that phase behind him.  It would not be particularly surprising if Pickens ultimately emerges as the best receiver from this class.  From a sheer talent and potential perspective, Pickens is in the discussion as the top wideout in this class; however, there is also a bust factor with Pickens.  He fits the profile of a team’s X receiver, but he still needs to refine many aspects of his game.  Pittsburgh has a great tradition of developing Wide Receivers, and Coach Tomlin has exhibited patience working with other challenging talents.  Pittsburgh is perhaps the best destination for the talented but mercurial Pickens.
Range of Comparisons: Tee Higgins/CeeDee Lamb/Chad Ochocinco/Andre Rison with AJ Green upside

Jahan Dotson is undersized and may be best suited for a complementary role in an NFL offense.  However, Dotson is a potential force working from the slot.  He has arguably the most consistent hands in this class, routinely snaring OBJ-like highlight-reel catches, his short-area quickness is elite, and he has the speed and route-running chops to win at all levels of the field.  Dotson will struggle in press coverage, but his ability to beat corners deep will help keep defenses honest.  Much will depend on how the QB situation works out in Washington.  Wentz may only be a temporary placeholder, and the jury is still out on Sam Howell as a long-term replacement.  In early Dynasty Rookie Drafts, Dotson is being under-drafted, imo.  He does not find himself in Green Bay or Kansas City, but I will draft the talent over the team, and Dotson is one of the top talents at WR in this class.
Range of Comparisons: Diontae Johnson, with Tyler Lockett/TY Hilton/Odell Beckham, Jr. upside

David Bell disappointed at the Combine, but he was never expected to measure as an impressive athlete.  Bell is a savvy technician: he has excellent footwork, runs good routes, shields away defenders and plucks the ball cleanly.  Once Bell gets the ball in his hands, he is among the best in this class of receivers at generating yards after the catch.  There is some real concern he is more Quintez Cephus than Anquan Boldin, but I like Bell's fit in Cleveland where Deshaun Watson has the accuracy to throw him open.  If I can get Bell after the mid-point of Round 2 of rookie drafts, he represents great value.
Range of Comparisons: Quintez Cephus/Josh Palmer, with Anquan Boldin upside

Alec Pierce has a great blend of size, speed, ball skills, hands and college production.  Pierce is a physical receiver with natural hands and the athleticism to challenge defenses.  Pierce may be best suited as a team’s starting Z receiver, but he also excels from the slot.  Pierce could definitely outproduce a mid-round two fantasy draft investment.  Playing opposite Michael Pittman, Jr. should give Pierce room to operate in Indy’s emerging offense.
Range of Comparisons: Chad Hansen, with Eric Decker/Jordy Nelson upside

Kyle Philips is barely getting drafted in rookie dynasty drafts.  Philips has some Hunter Renfrow/Cooper Kupp elements to his game.  His route running is creative and sharp.  He can put a defender in a blender and emerge open, and he has the hands and RAC ability to routinely move the chains.  Those are skills which should endear him to Titans’ QB Ryan Tannehill and Head Coach Mike Vrabel.  Philips may have to cut his teeth on special teams to begin his career, but look for him to establish a valuable role for the Titans’ offense.
Range of Comparisons: Braxton Berrios/Hunter Renfrow

OVERRATED ROOKIES

Dameon Pierce is a punishing runner who takes care of the football, but he never put up feature back numbers at Florida.  Once Pierce gets in open space, he is very difficult to take down, running through arm tackles with ease and displaying excellent contact balance.  I think Pierce can stay on the field on passing downs, as well, despite never being featured in that role in college.  I don’t know that he will ever be a top 10 fantasy back, but he has the opportunity in Houston to be the featured back.  If you can draft Pierce in the second half of Round 2 of your rookie drafts, I like him as a valuable fantasy contributor, but he is not likely to generate great PPR numbers, and this Houston team could struggle to get many redzone opportunities, so his value may be capped.  In some PPR drafts, Pierce is going early Round 2, and I am likely out on him at that price.
Range of Comparisons: Shonn Greene/CJ Anderson/Isaiah Crowell, with Chris Carson upside

Zamir White (“Zeus”) is an inside grinder, with more speed than quickness.  He runs with a purpose, but he was never featured in Georgia’s platoon RB system.  It is unclear if White can be a meaningful contributor in the receiving game, as he was seldom used in that role.  White appears to be fully recovered from two earlier ACL surgeries, and there is some hope that he may evolve into a more productive runner in the NFL than he was at Georgia.  Zamir White is a former five-star recruit, he was beloved by his coaches and teammates at Georgia.  White has gotten a pretty sizable dynasty push recently with reports that he could emerge as the 2023 starter in Vegas.  That means if you draft Zamir White to your dynasty team, you are probably committed to the possibility that he may ride the pine for your team for an entire season. If I can get Zeus in the backend of Round 2 or in Round 3, I am a buyer; however, I am seeing him go early around 2 in some recent drafts, and his value is too speculative for that much of a draft investment, imo.
Range of Comparisons: Roy Helu/Fred Jackson/Knile Davis, with JK Dobbins upside

Skyy Moore is being a bit overvalued based strictly on his draft destination with the Chiefs.  That same error was made with CEH.  Andy Reid is a master at designing plays to scheme a receiver open, but it still comes down to the individual receiver.  Especially at WR, draft the talent over the team.  Skyy Moore is very talented, and worthy of being selected in Round One of rookie drafts, but temper your expectations.  He is not going to step in and duplicate Tyreek Hill’s success.  I am not predicting Moore will be a bust by any means, but I am unwilling to take him ahead of Pickens or Dotson, something I am seeing happen frequently.
Range of Comparisons: Doug Baldwin/Randall Cobb, with Brandin Cooks/Golden Tate upside

Last edited by a moderator:
socrates said:
Some of my Overrated/Underrated Rookie Draft Observations

UNDERRATED ROOKIES

Pierre Strong, Jr. runs with good vision and instincts; when he hits a hole, he explodes through it.  He has reliable hands to be an asset in the receiving game, and he shows some ability in pass protection.  At 5-11, 207, Strong is not a power back, but he runs with determination and has enough size, speed and versatility to be an every-down back in the NFL, if he can make the transition.  As with Christian Watson, Strong is an older rookie, having turned 23 in December.  If Strong can add 5-10 pounds without sacrificing speed and explosiveness, he could become the RB steal of this draft.  New England has long been a blackhole for RB prospects, but this is not a firmly established backfield at the moment.  James White’s future is in some doubt after undergoing hip surgery, plus he is on the wrong side of 30.  Despite New England’s fantasy RB woes, they have historically produced good numbers from their designated receiving back, a role Strong could emerge in.  Rhamondre Stevenson and Damien Harris form a powerful duo of inside thumpers for the Pats, but Harris is in the final season of his rookie contract, and it would not be surprising to see New England let Harris walk.  Strong has the speed to break off big runs, something the Patriots have lacked in recent seasons.  His receiving skills could get Strong on the field, and big plays could earn him an expanded role.  Strong is getting drafted, if at all, very late in Rookie Drafts.  That is a good value.
Range of Comparisons: Raheem Mostert/Elijah Mitchell/Rashaad Penny, with Kareem Hunt upside

Kyren Williams’ fantasy (and NFL) value has dropped precipitously since his underwhelming performance at the Combine.  Williams clocked in considerably slower than expected and lighter than expected, a bad combination.  However, he is one of the premiere receiving backs in this class and an asset picking up blitzing defenders, but he is also not limited to a receiving role.  Turn on his college gametape, and you see a determined runner who runs with shiftiness and more chippiness than you might expect from a smaller back.  Coach Sean McVay is considered one of the most creative offensive minds in the league; he should be able to design plays for the talented former Golden Domer.  Cam Akers made a swift recovery from an injury long considered a career killer for a RB, but there is still some lingering concern in my mind that Akers can find sustained success in 2022.  Akers’ numbers upon return were far short of stellar.  In fact, I cannot think of a single NFL RB who has come back successfully from a ruptured Achilles.  Darrell Henderson has had his own injury concerns, as well.  Kyren Williams is going third round or later in rookie dynasty drafts.  I will grab him everywhere I can at that price!
Range of Comparisons:  Justin Forsett/Dave Meggett, with Kevin Faulk/James White/Tiki Barber upside

George Pickens lost 2021 to an ACL injury, but he recovered in record time, a testament to his dedication to rehab and the success of his surgery.  Pickens broke out as a freshman and looked destined to top this class before injuries and COVID scheduling marred his final two seasons in Athens, and Pickens was unable to capitalize on the early momentum he created.  Although Pickens is smaller than Keyshawn Johnson, he has that same kind of alpha dog, my-ball, bully mentality which should serve him well in the NFL, if he can properly channel it.  Pickens has a slender frame in the mold of AJ Green, but he plays bigger than his 6 foot 3, 195 pound frame might suggest.  Pickens is a smooth athlete, tracks the ball extremely well and has sudden, violent hands at the point of catch.  He won’t shy away from contact, fighting for extra yards and adding value to his team with tenacious blocking, but he also tends to take plays off, not playing with his full effort.  Pickens has had some episodes of immaturity, and he will need to prove he has matured and put that phase behind him.  It would not be particularly surprising if Pickens ultimately emerges as the best receiver from this class.  From a sheer talent and potential perspective, Pickens is in the discussion as the top wideout in this class; however, there is also a bust factor with Pickens.  He fits the profile of a team’s X receiver, but he still needs to refine many aspects of his game.  Pittsburgh has a great tradition of developing Wide Receivers, and Coach Tomlin has exhibited patience working with other challenging talents.  Pittsburgh is perhaps the best destination for the talented but mercurial Pickens.
Range of Comparisons: Tee Higgins/CeeDee Lamb/Chad Ochocinco/Andre Rison with AJ Green upside

Jahan Dotson is undersized and may be best suited for a complementary role in an NFL offense.  However, Dotson is a potential force working from the slot.  He has arguably the most consistent hands in this class, routinely snaring OBJ-like highlight-reel catches, his short-area quickness is elite, and he has the speed and route-running chops to win at all levels of the field.  Dotson will struggle in press coverage, but his ability to beat corners deep will help keep defenses honest.  Much will depend on how the QB situation works out in Washington.  Wentz may only be a temporary placeholder, and the jury is still out on Sam Howell as a long-term replacement.  In early Dynasty Rookie Drafts, Dotson is being under-drafted, imo.  He does not find himself in Green Bay or Kansas City, but I will draft the talent over the team, and Dotson is one of the top talents at WR in this class.
Range of Comparisons: Diontae Johnson, with Tyler Lockett/TY Hilton/Odell Beckham, Jr. upside

David Bell disappointed at the Combine, but he was never expected to measure as an impressive athlete.  Bell is a savvy technician: he has excellent footwork, runs good routes, shields away defenders and plucks the ball cleanly.  Once Bell gets the ball in his hands, he is among the best in this class of receivers at generating yards after the catch.  There is some real concern he is more Quintez Cephus than Anquan Boldin, but I like Bell's fit in Cleveland where Deshaun Watson has the accuracy to throw him open.  If I can get Bell after the mid-point of Round 2 of rookie drafts, he represents great value.
Range of Comparisons: Quintez Cephus/Josh Palmer, with Anquan Boldin upside

Alec Pierce has a great blend of size, speed, ball skills, hands and college production.  Pierce is a physical receiver with natural hands and the athleticism to challenge defenses.  Pierce may be best suited as a team’s starting Z receiver, but he also excels from the slot.  Pierce could definitely outproduce a mid-round two fantasy draft investment.  Playing opposite Michael Pittman, Jr. should give Pierce room to operate in Indy’s emerging offense.
Range of Comparisons: Chad Hansen, with Eric Decker/Jordy Nelson upside

Kyle Philips is barely getting drafted in rookie dynasty drafts.  Philips has some Hunter Renfrow/Cooper Kupp elements to his game.  His route running is creative and sharp.  He can put a defender in a blender and emerge open, and he has the hands and RAC ability to routinely move the chains.  Those are skills which should endear him to Titans’ QB Ryan Tannehill and Head Coach Mike Vrabel.  Philips may have to cut his teeth on special teams to begin his career, but look for him to establish a valuable role for the Titans’ offense.
Range of Comparisons: Braxton Berrios/Hunter Renfrow

OVERRATED ROOKIES

Dameon Pierce is a punishing runner who takes care of the football, but he never put up feature back numbers at Florida.  Once Pierce gets in open space, he is very difficult to take down, running through arm tackles with ease and displaying excellent contact balance.  I think Pierce can stay on the field on passing downs, as well, despite never being featured in that role in college.  I don’t know that he will ever be a top 10 fantasy back, but he has the opportunity in Houston to be the featured back.  If you can draft Pierce in the second half of Round 2 of your rookie drafts, I like him as a valuable fantasy contributor, but he is not likely to generate great PPR numbers, and this Houston team could struggle to get many redzone opportunities, so his value may be capped.  In some PPR drafts, Pierce is going early Round 2, and I am likely out on him at that price.
Range of Comparisons: Shonn Greene/CJ Anderson/Isaiah Crowell, with Chris Carson upside

Zamir White (“Zeus”) is an inside grinder, with more speed than quickness.  He runs with a purpose, but he was never featured in Georgia’s platoon RB system.  It is unclear if White can be a meaningful contributor in the receiving game, as he was seldom used in that role.  White appears to be fully recovered from two earlier ACL surgeries, and there is some hope that he may evolve into a more productive runner in the NFL than he was at Georgia.  Zamir White is a former five-star recruit, he was beloved by his coaches and teammates at Georgia.  White has gotten a pretty sizable dynasty push recently with reports that he could emerge as the 2023 starter in Vegas.  That means if you draft Zamir White to your dynasty team, you are probably committed to the possibility that he may ride the pine for your team for an entire season. If I can get Zeus in the backend of Round 2 or in Round 3, I am a buyer; however, I am seeing him go early around 2 in some recent drafts, and his value is too speculative for that much of a draft investment, imo.
Range of Comparisons: Roy Helu/Fred Jackson/Knile Davis, with JK Dobbins upside

Skyy Moore is being a bit overvalued based strictly on his draft destination with the Chiefs.  That same error was made with CEH.  Andy Reid is a master at designing plays to scheme a receiver open, but it still comes down to the individual receiver.  Especially at WR, draft the talent over the team.  Skyy Moore is very talented, and worthy of being selected in Round One of rookie drafts, but temper your expectations.  He is not going to step in and duplicate Tyreek Hill’s success.  I am not predicting Moore will be a bust by any means, but I am unwilling to take him ahead of Pickens or Dotson, something I am seeing happen frequently.
Range of Comparisons: Doug Baldwin/Randall Cobb, with Brandin Cooks/Golden Tate upside

I didn't even have Kyle Philips on my radar till after my most recent draft.  He went undrafted. 

Below is an updated (5/16) post draft dynasty rookie 2022 consensus, average and SD minus min/max.  I select from many sources that I read/listen to get a broad overall view.  The tiers are subjective - but some definite gaps after 7, 12, 25.  Hope this helps for your drafts and trades!

Code:
Rnk	Player		Pos	Team	#	Avg	S.D.
1	Breece Hall	RB	NYJ	22	1.30	0.68

2	Drake London	WR	Atl	22	2.75	1.30

3	Ken. Walker III	RB	Sea	22	4.00	2.12
4	Garrett Wilson	WR	NYJ	22	4.35	1.44
5	Treylon Burks	WR	Ten	22	4.95	1.85
6	Jame. Williams	WR	Det	22	5.40	1.29
7	Chris Olave	WR	NO	22	5.95	1.58

8	Skyy Moore	WR	KC	22	8.95	1.07
9	Chris. Watson	WR	GB	22	9.30	1.70
10	Jahan Dotson	WR	Was	22	10.20	2.32
11	James Cook	RB	Buf	22	11.15	2.90
12	George Pickens	WR	Pit	22	11.75	2.87

13	Dameon Pierce	RB	Hou	22	16.35	4.89
14	Rachaad White	RB	TB	22	16.65	4.36

15	David Bell	WR	Cle	22	17.95	3.90
16	Alec Pierce	WR	Ind	22	18.45	4.31
17	Isaiah Spiller	RB	LAC	22	18.50	5.45
18	Trey McBride	TE	Ari	22	18.55	4.89
19	John Metchie	WR	Hou	22	18.85	4.56

20	Wan' Robinson	WR	NYG	21	20.32	5.96
21	Kenny Pickett	QB	Pit	22	21.30	6.28
22	Jalen Tolbert	WR	Dal	21	21.53	4.74
23	Zamir White	RB	LV	22	21.70	5.53
24	B. Robinson Jr.	RB	Was	22	22.90	4.19

25	Tyler Allgeier	RB	Atl	21	24.35	7.29

26	Ty Davis-Price	RB	SF	19	27.47	6.93
27	Malik Willis	QB	Ten	21	28.35	7.52

28	Tyquan Thornton	WR	NE	18	30.26	6.23
29	Desmond Ridder	QB	Atl	20	30.90	6.84
30	Khalil Shakir	WR	Buf	19	31.05	5.61
31	Jelani Woods	TE	Ind	18	31.55	5.86

32	Greg Dulcich	TE	Den	20	33.21	5.90
33	P. Strong Jr.	RB	NE	17	33.70	5.72
34	Matt Corral	QB	Car	19	33.75	6.60
35	Velus Jones Jr.	WR	Chi	17	34.55	6.37
36	Romeo Doubs	WR	GB	16	35.21	5.57
37	Danny Gray	WR	SF	14	35.47	6.12
38	Cal. Austin III	WR	Pit	18	35.84	5.10
39	Hassan Haskins	RB	Ten	16	36.00	4.50
40	Keaontay Ingram	RB	Ari	7	38.00	5.84

Listing a few FF positions, go to the link for the full read.

One rookie from each NFL team who will surprise in 2022

Bills: WR Khalil Shakir

Jets: TE Jeremy Ruckert

Ravens: RB Tyler Badie

Steelers: WR Calvin Austin III

Texans: RB Dameon Pierce

Titans: WR Kyle Philips

Broncos: WR Montrell Washington

Chargers: RB Isaiah Spiller

Giants: TE Daniel Bellinger

Bears: WR Velus Jones Jr.

Falcons: RB Tyler Allgeier

49ers: RB Tyrion Davis-Price

Seahawks: WR Bo Melton

Go to the link for the full read.
-------------------------------------------
10 NFL Rookies Who Already Look Like Draft Day Steals

RB Dameon Pierce, Houston Texans​

Dameon Pierce’s stock is soaring after the Texans cut Marlon Mack, here's why you should buy

WR Romeo Doubs, Green Bay Packers​

Who is Romeo Doubs? Meet the Packers rookie impressing Aaron Rodgers with 'rare' training camp

TE Daniel Bellinger, New York Giants​

RELATED to above -
Rookie tight end Daniel Bellinger could be unexpected Giants starter

TE Isaiah Likely, Baltimore Ravens​

Isaiah Likely: Ravens Biggest Preseason Winner

OT Braxton Jones, Chicago Bears​

Why Ryan Poles has been 'blown away' by Braxton Jones

OT Abraham Lucas, Seattle Seahawks​

Former WSU standout Abraham Lucas seems to have won Seahawks’ right tackle job

OG Cordell Volson, Cincinnati Bengals​

Just saw this -
RELATED to above: Cordell Volson wins starting left guard spot for Bengals