What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty 1.01 (1 Viewer)

Revo

Footballguy
I have quite the conundrum at 1.01. 12 tm dynasty, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Superflex, 2 Other Flex. PPR but TEs get 2 PPR. I own picks 1, 13, 21, 25.

My QBs are Hurts & Rodgers, so I can use a QB, but maybe not as much as a WR or TE.

My WRs are ARSB, Mike Williams, Shaheed, Downs and a bunch of other non-startables (I dumped and traded away a couple of WRs last year). I definitely need a WR.

My TEs are Waller, who likely will retire, Juwan Johnson, Ertz & Brevin Jordan. I definitely need a TE.

I've been going back and forth all offseason. Was certain to take MHJ, but then was looking at Bowers due to the 2 PPR, and now thinking Jayden Daniels + Hurts would be massive, and then I can get a WR at 13.

What would you guys do? TIA.

I would take Caleb Williams. He is the "safest" of the QB options and you need a QB for SF. I can see going Daniels if you are a true believer but he carries significantly more risk in both injury and talent.

For me it is a very easy call and I go with CW without a doubt.

Have you considered trading from 1.01 to the 1.03 or 1.04 and gain more draft capital + young WR talent (GB Jayden Reed or Jordan Addison type?)
While MHJr is a clear top WR value, and you need QB also, Sell for value is where I would look.

I would take Caleb Williams. He is the "safest" of the QB options and you need a QB for SF. I can see going Daniels if you are a true believer but he carries significantly more risk in both injury and talent.

For me it is a very easy call and I go with CW without a doubt.
I'm with you here, take Caleb and stack him with Hurts. The hardest position to get elite players at is QB. Hurts and Caleb will be set and forget. There will be a good WR still there at 13 you can pick up. I don't mind Coleman or Legette at 13. Or if for some reason Ladd or Thomas fall if Penix goes early and Brooks goes you might be laughing at 13. Then snag BPA at 21 and 25 - guys who you can flip for future picks or guys with big upside (maybe even a TE if one is there for your last picks).

In SF leagues I can't pass up Caleb - especially since he's going to a team with stacked WRs. Rare is it a QB goes to a team with weapons. Young last year was not set up for success. Maye doesn't have much to work with this year.

If you took MHJ and you still need a QB then you would have to likely take Penix or Nix at 13.

Caleb/Coleman(Legette) vs MHJ and Penix(Nix)

I prefer the first.

Have you considered trading from 1.01 to the 1.03 or 1.04 and gain more draft capital + young WR talent (GB Jayden Reed or Jordan Addison type?)
While MHJr is a clear top WR value, and you need QB also, Sell for value is where I would look.
Not a bad option to trade back but I would only do it if someone is willing to pay the proper price. I look at it this way - this is the cheapest Caleb will be (assuming he's a good QB). He doesn't even have to be elite but just good and he's likely worth at least 2 firsts. So if I'm trading back (even to 1.05 JJ McCarthy is an option too) I want something more guaranteed than just Addison or Reed. I know you said more draft capital too but I don't want what equates to a bunch of 2nd round pick types that "may" work out. I need guaranteed assets like a proven #1WR on a team and a first (1.03-5) at minimum. Each league is different just be careful you are getting proper value for 1.01.

I feel Caleb is pretty insulated pick, especially if you need a QB. Look at Tlaw - he hasn't had the greatest start to his career but he's still holding value years later. He's still a guy you can start in SF and feel good with it. Yes he maybe hasn't had a top 10 type season but he's holding value at QB.

Needing a QB and having the 1.01 in the draft is literally winning the lottery.

Users who are viewing this thread