What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dustin Ackley (1 Viewer)

StudJust as Utley's career winds down this kid shows up.
Is 2-3 with 2 runs scored, one rbi, a home run, and a steal a good game? Looks like he's back from a couple days off with bruised ribs. .300/.357/.580 - I think he might get more than a cup of coffee in the bigs

I'm not as high on Ackley as Captain Hook. I'm pretty sure he and I have gone through this in another thread.

Ackley isn't exactly tearing up the PCL after a full season at that level. I don't see him hitting for power or stealing bases at the MLB level. He seems to have good OBP skills but that won't help you as much in AVG leagues. His excellent BB/SO ratios suggest there's some upside there but I wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle in his first exposure to big league pitching..

I think the big question for his dynasty prospects is whether he'll be able to field his position. He'd be an above average producer as a 2B but not so much at another position.
Here's a video of Ackley hitting one out to dead center in Oakland. Currently has a HR/AB of 16.67, which rankes him #11 in MLB (were he to qualify) in between Ortiz and Pujols.Now, small sample size and all that, and I definitely don't see him being an Ortiz/Pujols type power hitter, but the kid definitely has pop in his bat.

Someone is giddily obsessed. :thumbup:

ETA: Your link to his monster HR turns up a "solid start" from Jason Vargas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone is giddily obsessed. :thumbup:ETA: Your link to his monster HR turns up a "solid start" from Jason Vargas.
:thumbup:And, tonight, the debut of his college teammate, Kyle Seager, promoted after a dozen or so games in AAA. In Seattleland we're practically beside ourselves that we might have a 23 year old kid with a dozen games in AAA who may possibly deliver the upside of a league average hitter at 3B, because it would be an enormous improvement. Also, it was a HR to dead center field in Oakland that Ack basically flicked out. I know the cold streak is coming. It has to. He's a rookie. I know people will bump this and comment then (they surely aren't responding now), and that's ok. He's been as good as advertised, and that's awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread