What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Strategy IDP (1 Viewer)

motoclube

Footballguy
14-team Non-PPR League 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 R/W/T, 1 K, 1 DE, 1 DT, 2 LB, 1 S, 1 CB, 1 FLEX IDP, 11 Bench

Scoring

Tackle Solo 1

Tackle Assist 0.5

Sack 3

Interception 3

Fumble Force 3

Fumble Recovery 3

Defensive Touchdown 6

Safety 3

Pass Defended 1

Block Kick 3

Tackles for Loss 0.50

Turnover Return Yards 0.1 yards per point

Extra Point Returned 3

Any idea about a Draft Strateg? In which round should I look for defensive players? What are the order of importance of each defensive position in this type of league? Which positions should I target first in the draft? Should I pick defensive players backups?

Thanks in advance!

Based on the scoring system you want to target high tackle players.  Since big plays (sacks) are relatively close to tackle points the consistent tackle producers are the players you want to get.  When to start taking IDP's depends mostly on the relative scoring structures between the offensive side and IDP side.  If they are not equivalent then it really lessens the value of strong IDP play.  Here are a few general thoughts:

• If you research properly you can let the other owners draft the "name" players earlier than necessary and you can scoop up value with lesser known guys that will put up similar point totals.  Most owners draft IDP by name recognition.  Put in a little time and find lesser known players that put up similar stats and get better offensive value because you can wait on your IDP.
  • Do not draft DB's high.  DB's are a crap shoot and you can always find quality guys on waivers that put up strong points.  The only DB worth reaching for is Landon Collins.  Besides him you can wait on DB's and just work the waiver wire for the most part.
  • There are not a lot of DT's worth starting.  This is the scarcest position and since you are required to start one I would look to pick up a couple of the top 5-10 guys (Atkins, Cox, Short, Suh, McCoy, Linval Joseph, Damon Harrison)
  • I wouldn't go heavy on bench players for your IDP with your starting requirements.  Maybe get 1 bench guy for each spot at most. 
  • LB, DE, DT, S, CB is the order of importance for positions.
  • I would downgrade rush LB's a bit because their tackle numbers are going to hold them some.  Exceptions would be Mack, Houston, Miller

Hope this helps. 

Users who are viewing this thread