What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft slot 2 or 12? (1 Viewer)

Big Hurt

Footballguy
In a 12 team PPR league, pretty straight forward ESPN scoring, what spot would you rather draft from 2 or 12?

Thanks!

My strategy is to get 2 of the top 6 receivers. 12 spot pretty much guarantees that.

I think you have to take the 2 spot, but I do like the back end of the draft this year. You can grab some studly WR's or lock up some nice RB's with some major upside like Murray, Foster or Gio with the late first/early 2nd combo.

Still don't think I'd prefer that to guaranteeing myself one of Charles, McCoy or AD though.

I don't like either, much prefer somewhere in the middle. It depends on your league. If it's a home league and a bit fishier than definitely 2 as you could start Mccoy/AP, Jordy/Marshall, Gronk/Jeffery(or something like that). In a tougher league the guys I highlighted at your 2nd and 3rd picks will be gone and I would probably prefer 12th, but it's close.

Might change my mind in a month but first thought is #2 to get Charles, Peterson, or McCoy. There is a huge dropoff after the first few backs so why not just get one of them.

I've been liking my results from the early position.

Grab one of the stud RBs first up.

A top 10 WR always falls to you in the second

Early 3rd you can take your pick between Gronk, or your top rated RB/WR that is left.

I've tried grabbing two stud WRs and/or Graham from the late 1st/early 2nd spot but your RB choices are getting very thin by the late 3rd and your praying for Spiller/Ellington to drop to you as your RB1 at best.

I think I've preferred to grab one of the top WRs then hope Murray or Ball come to you early in the 2nd.

I've come round to making sure I get an RB early either way. I like the value of the WR2s in around the 4th-5th better than the RBs outside of Gerhart and maybe 1-2 others

Last edited by a moderator:
Always take the higher pick. The ability to land Charles/AP/Shady gives you a huge early advantage. Pick the best wr on the return.

Users who are viewing this thread