What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dr. Gobbler welched out on his bet from year ago in this thread (1 Viewer)

Tim, how about a $10,000 bet says that Le'Veon Bell will DOMINATE? Wait a second, hold a second. You know what? Let's cancel it. I'm gonna cancel. Scratch that bet. "NO BET". But don't worry, I'm going to throw a few bucks to charity in your name. I am NOT welching. I am cancelling before the season even starts. And making a donation. We cool? All good?

Le'Veon Bell is going to dominate. Get him out of the Flex spot ASAP.

With Andrew Luck as your QB3, I think you're in good shape.
Why get him out of the flex?
he's a starting RB and should be treated as such.
What does it matter where you start him if my worst RB is better than my best bench wr? Are you playing fantasy football head games with me? Is this how the pros psyche out their league-mates?

What does it matter where you start him if my worst RB is better than my best bench wr? Are you playing fantasy football head games with me? Is this how the pros psyche out their league-mates?
well, I like to throw my big guns up front so the other team knows what they have to deal with. they see a stud like Bell in there at starting RB and they might conveniently forget to set a lineup. I guess your way could work too though if you want to be more sneaky about it. Throw Chris Ivory in there to build up their confidence, and then BAM! smack them over the head with Bell when they didn't even notice him just like you didn't see Gates sitting in that other team's flex spot.

well, I like to throw my big guns up front so the other team knows what they have to deal with. they see a stud like Bell in there at starting RB and they might conveniently forget to set a lineup. I guess your way could work too though if you want to be more sneaky about it. Throw Chris Ivory in there to build up their confidence, and then BAM! smack them over the head with Bell when they didn't even notice him just like you didn't see Gates sitting in that other team's flex spot.
I'm of the opinion you start your stud in the flex and just crush at that position.

Tim, how about a $10,000 bet says that Le'Veon Bell will DOMINATE? Wait a second, hold a second. You know what? Let's cancel it. I'm gonna cancel. Scratch that bet. "NO BET". But don't worry, I'm going to throw a few bucks to charity in your name. I am NOT welching. I am cancelling before the season even starts. And making a donation. We cool? All good?
You forgot to ask for Tim's permission, but other than that, you're golden.

Another day goes by, a bunch more posts by Dr. Gobbler, but no payment. I don't expect to ever get it, but if he's going to continue to post here, sure as hell I'm going to continue to give him #### about it.

:lmao: :lmao:

Tim, just show up at the Montsanto march and collect it in person.
This. Come on down Tim. I've always wanted to see what you look like. That's worth 80 bucks to me. Let me know, I'll buy you an organic smoothie for your trouble.
Would you even show up if he agreed to meet you?
Look, the Monsanto thing is very important to me. I'm going to be there. I'll take a photo so you guys can have a visual reference and I'll have him autograph his book and give it away to one lucky FBG.I will be there.
I'm gonna donate $80 to Monsanto

quit f'n welching

While we're in here on the subject of welshing... figured I'd get the consensus in here. Made $250 bet with buddy in Cali on losing some weight (late night call out gone bad, whatever). We occasionally updated each other. Last Wed I hit my goal. Took picture...sent picture. Headed to BBQfest. He replies an hour later with "Oh I forgot to tell you I won 2 weeks ago lol" He sends some pic with him hitting his goal too. Was busy heading down for BBQfest so said we'd talk next week. I have 4 courses of action here:1) Paypal the guy his $250 tonight. 2) Assemble is $250 in the form of singles into some sort of art piece and ship it to him. 3) Call him out for not being the first to send evidence of the win and call null bet or pay partial. 4) Stand firm that I won given I was first to send evidence. I'm leaning 1 or 2... with 3 having some merit IMO. 4 is right out. For the record, NOT a welsher, anyone I've had dealings with will attest that I pay promptly. Go Oh, and ClockGobbler... I hope your mouth herpes flare up. :ontopic:
Not nearly enough judgement here.
This isn't about you, so stop trying to hijack the thread. Tim needs to collect some $$.
Tim ain't seeing a dime from that hosehound. Took longer to type that than 1/2/3/4

Sammich
#1, if he sent you proof one hour after you sent yours then he most likely had already won the bet. I am assuming proof isn't something easily faked, so he would have to have already beaten you. Case closed, don't pull a gobbler.

The only thing more insufferable than a timschocketct post is a welcher.

Replace "#### Mobster" with "Doc Gobbler." It almost works:

:lmao: :lmao:
Still :lmao: at this days later

There are a lot of dirty cheaters out there. TUpside has some blood on his hands, for example.
Pretty sure TUP is a savant. Now Tat on the other hand...

TUP goes form horrifyingly average to unbeatable between games. It's.. weird.
The secret to beating tup is to play when he's drinking heavily.
I have a pretty good record against him, but there are times when it's like "who the #### is this?"

Raider Nation said:
How's this coming along?
Never heard from him again. Don't expect to, frankly. If he shows up here, I'll bug him, but obviously he's immune to embarrassment so there's really not much I can do about it. Oh well...

Users who are viewing this thread