What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do any cultures eat eyeballs? (2 Viewers)

eoMMan

Footballguy
We eat a lot of different pieces of animals (tongue, brain, feet, etc.) but you don’t hear much about eyeballs. Do any cultures eat eyeballs?

Are they ground up in my scrapple?

TIA

:wheelhouse:

I was in Monterrey Mexico 10+ years ago for business and was "treated" to El Rey del Cabrito (King of the Young Goat).

In addition to the goat blood soup that was served in the skull, Eye do remember eyeballs on the plate. Along with brain, cheek meat and tongue.

got con'd into eating fish eyeballs for virility while in Venezuela for work. Jokes on them, 10 years later, I became a dad.

My father-in-law loves fish eyes - I think Chinese consume them.

Also vaguely recall people doing this in Scandinavia/N Atlantic countries. Eyes-land?

When my Grandpa was alive and cooked a whole hog, he would. He owned a meat locker and nothing went unused. He would eat pig brains for breakfast, cow tongue, Blutwurst (Blood Sausage, made with you guessed it, blood).

Per Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, the Indians partake in some eyeball soup.

Last edited:
You betcha. When i used to travel quite a bit, in Mexico, the local ordered a goat head. The whole thing..with the eyes..and he ate them while we were sitting there. So yes, yes indeed.

I have.
I was treated - not once, but twice - to rabbit heads including the eyes. The second guy that took me there when I was traveling on business, thought he was going to shock/surprise me was a bit bummed out when I said "Oh, the rabbit head place" when we got there. :lmao:

Sitting at car dealership waiting for my ride. Some program is on about japanese tuna industry. Just commented how no part of the expensive tuna is wasted, including the eyes, as some guy pushes them in.

Thought of this thread lol

I know that in China it is not uncommon. I took a tour of China around 23 years ago. I remember something about our tour guide specifically saying something about how Cantonese people are known for eating some pretty wild stuff (exotic animals, insects..etc)

Users who are viewing this thread