What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dismantled to rebuild! (1 Viewer)

3quinox825

Footballguy
Hey all,

I’m in a superflex PPR dynasty best ball league. The main pieces I have to build around are the 1.01, 1.02, 2.04, 2.06 joe burrow, puca, and terry mclarin. Any ideas on how to approach the draft or trades I can make to make myself have a better rebuild??

Do your research and create a combined draft board. Draft the guy at the top of your board every time it's your turn to pick. Your goal is to draft multi year starters. It doesn't matter what position they play.

Now typically this combined board should be setting you up to find starters. However, this changes a bit in best ball. It doesn't change completely but it should change your rankings slightly in that boom/bust guys have more value in best ball leagues. So guys with higher ceilings should be factored into your rankings to move them up a bit because you don't have to figure out when their boom weeks will be. So I would give some value adjustments to those type players as they will have more value to you.

But in the end do your homework to create your board and then trust it. Bottom line is the only way you can become a contender is to hit on your picks and trade targets. So minimize the chances of missing on those by doing your homework.

Do your research and create a combined draft board. Draft the guy at the top of your board every time it's your turn to pick. Your goal is to draft multi year starters. It doesn't matter what position they play.

Now typically this combined board should be setting you up to find starters. However, this changes a bit in best ball. It doesn't change completely but it should change your rankings slightly in that boom/bust guys have more value in best ball leagues. So guys with higher ceilings should be factored into your rankings to move them up a bit because you don't have to figure out when their boom weeks will be. So I would give some value adjustments to those type players as they will have more value to you.

But in the end do your homework to create your board and then trust it. Bottom line is the only way you can become a contender is to hit on your picks and trade targets. So minimize the chances of missing on those by doing your homework.
Time isn't an issue its more the know how. I've never made my own draft board and solely relied on this site for rankings. What's your experience with doing your own research, where do you do it? has it been successful?

Time isn't an issue its more the know how. I've never made my own draft board and solely relied on this site for rankings. What's your experience with doing your own research, where do you do it? has it been successful?
I do a lot of reading about players. I am not a big college football watcher so i go to trusted sources and utilize their expertise to help create my board. I try and take in as many different takes as I can whether it's from "experts", my own eyes, this message board, etc. Essentially, the more info I have the better I can start to move guys up or down.

I like to start with someone else's rankings (this site is fine as a starting point) and then I look for differing opinions and the reasons the "experts" are using for the differing opinions. Then I look for myself to see If I agree with one side or the other.

Bottom line is to trust whatever list you have. For example, if you trust Bloom then just use his Top 100 big board. Nothing wrong with that. I like to be a little more hands on to aggregate many people's opinions to help formulate mine. I have been playing FF since 1985 so I have a lot of trust in myself because I have been fairly successful over the years. But the amount of information available these days is incredible. The key is figuring out how to evaluate all that information. For me, I put more stock into game play and the eye test over the underwear olympic straight numbers. Those don't translate to football game play IMO. There are some general rules of thumb with regards to size, speed etc but I value what they did in games much more than a 40 time or if they are 205 lbs vs 210 lbs.

Bottom line is get something you trust (whether its you or an "expert") and then have fun with it. This hobby is supposed to be fun. Don't get bogged down with results too much. This game is 95% luck of the schedule and injuries anyway.

mhj, williams, nother 2 wrs? or back to back wrs and then get a qb @ 2.4?
Yeah I have a risky idea to go nabers and mhj and then get a qb or trade the two picks up to get a qb
Don't go risky. Take Caleb and MHJ and then BPA at 2.04 and 2.06. This is a SF and Caleb and MHJ will have most value. Caleb and Burrow will be good long term. Don't pick Nabers in a SF.

The best part about this draft is it is stacked with talent in the top 15 picks or so. 2.04 and 6 will have some very good players landing there. Don't be afraid to take Penix or Nix or both if they fall to 2.06. You need QBs in SF and they carry the most value in trades. You don't have to set a line up right now and your long term goal is to create the best team possible. No reason to spend future capital either to trade up since you will get good value at 2.04 and 6.

Penix and Nix got first round draft capital and even if you don't like them they will be starting at some point, Nix likely earlier than later. When someone is desperate for a QB you can trade Nix/Penix for a future first (maybe 1st + if the have a good early game). You then just turned your 2.04 or 2.06 into a first round pick. Other good values are taking RBs if the top WRs are gone. Guys like Benson, Corum, Wright, Lloyd etc eventually could get a start. That is another way to flip a 2.06 into a 1st round future pick.

Rebuild is the long game. I'd also trade McLaurin during the first part of the season the instant he has a good game. He's too old a WR for a rebuild. You need more draft picks in 2025 and 2026.

Don't reach, don't trade up. Also with this draft and so many good guys in the top 15 you might be able to flip 2.04 for a future first if someone really wants their guy. Offer 2.04 to see if you can get a 25 or 26 first. Maybe someone will bite.

Users who are viewing this thread