What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DI Jukebox Draft (66-15)- Listen up (2 Viewers)

What constitutes the year of the song? Is it the year the album is released? If it was a single off an album, is it the year it was released as a single? Would a live version of a song qualify as a different year.

What constitutes the year of the song? Is it the year the album is released? If it was a single off an album, is it the year it was released as a single? Would a live version of a song qualify as a different year.
See previous post about songs and years. We should be flexible because singles and albums are issued at different times.

For live versions, we're going with the year released, not the year the performance was recorded.

We'll make up the rules for soundtrack cuts after somebody drafts "I Will Always Love You".

IN

eephus
Pik95
AcerFC
rockaction
Jzilla
Mister CIA
John Bender
sn0mm1s
Marco
RHE
Ilov80s
Dr.Octopus
Limp Dita
Mr.Ected
timschochet
John Maddens Lunchbox
HellToupee
Uruk Hai
Steve Tasker
Simey

WAITING OUTSIDE THE BAR TRYING TO FIND QUARTERS FOR THE JUKEBOX

Zamboni

OP updated with "final" rules

Format:

• 50 round song draft. Select one song from each year between 1966 to 2015 inclusive. You may substitute up to five pre-1966 or post-2015 years for years in the regular draft era.
  • You can pick hits, deep cuts, personal favorites, whatever. You know what makes a great jukebox song.
  • No time limits or specified sequence.
  • No limits on the number of songs an artist can have selected.
  • No mulligans permitted until the end of the draft. The only exception is if a drafter picks up somebody else's team during the draft, he or she gets three mulligans.
  • Snake draft with two selections per turn beginning with round #3
  • No judging but people are encouraged to post their picks and final jukebox
  • No themes necessary unless you want to. Put your jukebox in an imaginary bar, give it a name, knock yourself out.

RPG Library Secure Dice generated the following rolls for wisruthroll@gmail.com.

20d100, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 11, 7, 96, 98, 63, 43, 73, 40, 69, 35, 15, 81, 11, 91, 21, 87, 17, 33, 63, 94

Draft order

Pik95 -- 7

Limp Ditka -- 11

eephus -- 11

Ilov80s -- 15

HellToupee -- 17

timschochet -- 21

Uruk Hai -- 33

RHE -- 35

sn0mm1s -- 40

Mister CIA -- 43

Jzilla -- 63

Steve Tasker -- 63

Marco -- 69

John Bender -- 73

Dr.Octopus -- 81

John Maddens Lunchbox -- 87

Mr.Ected -- 91

Simey -- 94

AcerFC -- 96

rockaction -- 98

Any latecomers

With the first pick in the 2016 Mother of All Desert Island Jukebox Draft, PIK95 selects....

Frat Boy Funk is my theme. I lived in a Fraternity house off and on for five years so this will be easy.

My pick is from 1959. I love this version.

1.1 Shout! Isley Brothers

Last edited by a moderator:
Draft order

Pik95 -- 7

Limp Ditka -- 11

eephus -- 11

Ilov80s -- 15

HellToupee -- 17

timschochet -- 21

Uruk Hai -- 33

RHE -- 35

sn0mm1s -- 40

Mister CIA -- 43

Jzilla -- 63

Steve Tasker -- 63

Marco -- 69

John Bender -- 73

Dr.Octopus -- 81

John Maddens Lunchbox -- 87

Mr.Ected -- 91

Simey -- 94

AcerFC -- 96

rockaction -- 98

Any latecomers
Karma Police

RPG Library Secure Dice generated the following rolls for wisruthroll@gmail.com.

1d100, rolled once.

Roll set 1

Die rolls: 22

Roll subtotal: 22

Roll total: 22

1 . 1 --- Pik95 -- Shout! -- The Isley Brothers -- 1959

1 . 2 --- Limp Ditka -- -- --

1 . 3 --- eephus -- -- --

1 . 4 --- Ilov80s -- -- --

1 . 5 --- HellToupee -- -- --

1 . 6 --- timschochet -- -- --

1 . 7 --- Karma Police -- -- --

1 . 8 --- Uruk Hai -- -- --

1 . 9 --- Ramsey Hunt Exp -- -- --

1 . 10 --- sn0mm1s -- -- --

1 . 11 --- Mister CIA -- -- --

1 . 12 --- Jzilla -- -- --

1 . 13 --- Steve Tasker -- -- --

1 . 14 --- Marco -- -- --

1 . 15 --- John Bender -- -- --

1 . 16 --- Dr.Octopus -- -- --

1 . 17 --- John Maddens Lunchbox -- -- --

1 . 18 --- Mr.Ected -- -- --

1 . 19 --- Simey -- -- --

1 . 20 --- AcerFC -- -- --

1 . 21 --- rockaction -- -- --

Just advising that i can be skipped for the first and second pick

A) because im unlikely to be on

B) im not expecting much sniping of my choices

You can autoskip me, Eephus, if I don't pick in 15 minutes when my turn comes up. If I PM my next pick to someone, I'll post that I did.

I

WAITING OUTSIDE THE BAR TRYING TO FIND QUARTERS FOR THE JUKEBOX

Zamboni
Not able to break my $100 bill. :kicksrock:

I'm in the same boat as Gr00vus - I get too absorbed in these things and never get work done, so I'll just watch and listen.

Rock Around The Clock - Bill Haley and His Comets - 1954

Nothing says Jukebox, to me, like this song.
Great pick. I ignored some of the more obvious rockish songs for two reasons. One is my funkyish, dancy, and panty dropper theme, but its also a lot tougher in certain years to get what you need. These fifties wildcards will help both of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started a FBG Jukebox playlist for the dancy tunes on Google play. I made it public. I'm not sure how it works, but I'll add worthy tunes as we go. I will probably make a rock playlist and a jv random one so its not total genre chaos. I will call them FBG Jukebox II and III fyi.

I think whatever scarcity there is in this format will be with the more modern stuff, especially with this crew of drafters. Nobody is going to have to check IDs at the door of our bars.

The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face (2015)

This was the jam of last year. Even the people who say they don't listen to new stuff probably overheard it somewhere. It's the best Michael Jackson song since his death with an irresistible hook as it goes from the verse to the chorus. And it's about doing coke so there's that.

The following errors were foundThe member Ilov80s cannot receive any new messages

This personal message has not been sent

I think whatever scarcity there is in this format will be with the more modern stuff, especially with this crew of drafters. Nobody is going to have to check IDs at the door of our bars.

The Weeknd - Can't Feel My Face (2015)

This was the jam of last year. Even the people who say they don't listen to new stuff probably overheard it somewhere. It's the best Michael Jackson song since his death with an irresistible hook as it goes from the verse to the chorus. And it's about doing coke so there's that.
Crap. My kids play this song every day and I love it. Ironically they don't like the other Weekend stuff. Great pick.

Wish I had time for this. But will be lurking with great interest.

I'm going into a meeting soon and will be in &I out for the next few hours . Can anyone take a pm pick in case 80s picks?

:kicksrock:

would have been fun but somehow I missed this thread. If something opens up, I'd be interested in joining. (or go to 22 teams!)

Users who are viewing this thread