What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Detroit D/ST This Week vs Arizona (1 Viewer)

dwashington

Footballguy
I know everyone is excited about any defense playing the woeful Cardinal offense.

Most rankings have the Lions D as a top 3 pick this week.

Looks like Fairley won't go. Several DB's are banged up.

Anybody worried about the injuries on the Lions D?

I backed off and went with the Rams. Lions D is not that good anyway. Understand it's a bet on how bad the Cardinals are, but it's still a bit risky.

I know everyone is excited about any defense playing the woeful Cardinal offense.Most rankings have the Lions D as a top 3 pick this week.Looks like Fairley won't go. Several DB's are banged up.Anybody worried about the injuries on the Lions D?
Yes. I played Cincy instead in one league, and will be playing Seattle over them in another. The Lions might do well regardless, but at this point, I'm happies just blocking everyone else from using them, rather than actually starting them myself.

Starting to get more worried about them with each passing day this week, but most of the good weekly/matchup streaming D/ST's have already been added so I'll have to roll with them. I really hope that Suh and company can dominate their weak o-line to take the pressure off of their DB's since Fitz and Roberts can definitely beat them. They might give up 20 points, but I'm expecting a decent amount of sacks and a couple of turnovers.

It's driving me crazy trying to decide between them and the Broncos this week. Denver has been solid, week after week, but I feel like Detroit gives me the bigger chance of a huge game.

It's driving me crazy trying to decide between them and the Broncos this week. Denver has been solid, week after week, but I feel like Detroit gives me the bigger chance of a huge game.
me too. only between them and gb, cant be wrong now. one thing that keeps bugging me about the lions is they are just a bad def. I mean I know the matchup is good, but its the friggin lions! :yucky:

I was on the fence between them and Seattle, but after my (already favored) opponent's Gresham/Cinci D stomped my Bryce Brown last night, I feel like I need to roll the dice on a higher-upside play, so I'm going with Detroit.

me too. only between them and gb, cant be wrong now. one thing that keeps bugging me about the lions is they are just a bad def. I mean I know the matchup is good, but its the friggin lions! :yucky:
True, but it's also the friggin Cardinals. Here's SkeLindley's stats over the last 4 games: 510 yards, 0 touchdowns, 12 turnovers

Don't worry about Detroit's hurt players, then been hurt all season.

They've solid replacements along the line and linebacker, it is there

DB's that blow, with the pressure the front should put on Arizona and

there O-line it should be a strong outing for Detroit's D.

Unless Denver gets special teams TD's I can't see them scoring big. Baltimore has too many weapons, and are at home. Detroit is an easy choice here.

I'd feel much better about it if it were in Detroit. Maybe Arizona will finally be able to move the ball on the ground?

I'd feel much better about it if it were in Detroit. Maybe Arizona will finally be able to move the ball on the ground?
Detroit's Defense is actually pretty darn good against the run.Where they falter is against the pass with teams that have good offensive lines that give the QB time to setup and find open holes.I don't see Arizona being able to do much of anything pass wise hereas there line is just dreadful, there really should not be much scoringor even moving the ball for them in this game except on broken plays.

Scared of what? Ari having multiple scoring drive, much less 1...300+ yards of offense, 200+ yards, 100+ yards????

The jets d is garbage too, and they destroyed Ari... Det will move the ball at will, and could easily dominate the time of possesion 3-1.

I'll set the over under...Ari turnovers at 3...sacks 6.

The real question is will they score more points or give up more sacks+turnovers?

Prediction points 10..sack + turnovers 11

Folks, this aint gonna be pretty. The ONLY worry I have is a kick return from Ari.

Agreed. This battle is all about the Ari O-line vs. the Det D-line. I'd put the ARI oline quite a big notch below the Colts O-Line and they really had problems keeping any semblance of a pocket for Luck. Unless Lindley/Skelton suddently have a "channeling my inner RG3" moment/game...there is really no worry here.

I will say, the idea of Fairley not playing does give me a slight pause, as he'd been becoming quite disruptive...but I really believe that the Cards O-line is just THAT bad.

Don't worry about Detroit's hurt players, then been hurt all season.They've solid replacements along the line and linebacker, it is thereDB's that blow, with the pressure the front should put on Arizona andthere O-line it should be a strong outing for Detroit's D.
:goodposting:

The Lions D seemed to do a decent job against the Packers on the road this past week.

I mean, I expected Rodgers to have gone off, but the Lions kept it competitive.

Agreed. This battle is all about the Ari O-line vs. the Det D-line. I'd put the ARI oline quite a big notch below the Colts O-Line and they really had problems keeping any semblance of a pocket for Luck. Unless Lindley/Skelton suddently have a "channeling my inner RG3" moment/game...there is really no worry here.I will say, the idea of Fairley not playing does give me a slight pause, as he'd been becoming quite disruptive...but I really believe that the Cards O-line is just THAT bad.
Yeah, I'm just not sure there is a better option this week? Stl against Min (either way)...I WILL NOT play my D against ADP..hell, he chewed up SEA of all teams...well he chewed up everyone. Stl, looks like the white welker is going to play. Mia against Jax?? Regional matchup, althoug a bad one, former qb against former team...could go either way?? Plus shorts is gonna go, so thats 100 yards and a td through the air at least....Ari might not get that.I HATE detroit, but damn, damn, damn...Ari is bad, and falling apart, and quitting, and in fighting, and Linton cant even complete a pass.I really with fairley was playing...then it would just be fun.Oh, I forgot, beanie wells blows something awful.

The players that you need to watch for to see if they are playing is fairley and chris houston. Houston is the best Cb by a mile and will be the man with Fitz. Houston practiced all week. Fairley could be a GTD, he practiced yesterday but not today. If he is out the d-line should be ok as long as KVB, suh and Avrill are playing and there is no reason to think any of them won't. Also Delmas (SS) practiced some this week, not today, and will also likely be a GTD.

The script i see for this game would be similar to the lions script from last week. they came out and ran a lot early with bell and leshoure, ARI is stronger against the pass than the run. the hotter hand RB will get the heavier load later in the game. calvin should have his usual day. as long as the lions can move the ball on the ground there is no reason to think he shouldn't get his 13-15 targets and 10 catches 100 yards and 1-2 td. scheffler would be my best guess for points on lions side of the ball after megatron.

I don't see any reason to not start DET DST. Arizona has 6 points scored over the last 2 weeks, they're ranked dead last in yards per game and points scored if I'm not mistaken. ARZ isn't suddenly going to have a good game. Skelton had -6 point something fantasy points last week and Lindley had .16.

Also debating between the Lions and the Packers. News of Clay Mathews return makes the decision even harder as far as I am concerned.

Lets look at it this way. Since week 4 the ARZ Offense has yielded double digit points 9 out of 10 weeks played in standard scoring leagues. Seven of those weeks were for 14 pts or more. These were as follows.

WK OPP PA I/FR TD PTS Rank4 Mia 24 2 / 0 0 14 - 18th Ranked5 @StL 3 0 / 1 0 17 - 8th Ranked6 Buf 16 2 / 0 0 14 - 23rd Ranked7 @Min 14 1 / 1 1 17 - 15th Ranked8 SF 3 1 / 0 0 12 - 4th Ranked9 @GB 17 1 / 1 0 7 - 16th Ranked10 BYE - - - -11 @Atl 19 0 / 1 1 14 - 19th Ranked12 StL 17 4 / 0 2 22 - 8th Ranked13 @NYJ 6 1 / 0 0 11 - 11th Ranked14 @Sea 0 4 / 4 2 39 - 3rd Ranked
These weren't exactly juggernauts that were owning them. Now Detroit is currently ranked 27th in scoring but to me, the reward outweighs the risk at this point. Lindley is in at QB again. The lone star player on the team is becoming apathetic. They have no running game at all. They create turnovers at an ungodly rate. Don't expect last week's score but still feel pretty confident to at least get 15 in a standard scoring league.

Last edited by a moderator:
I backed off and went with the Rams. Lions D is not that good anyway. Understand it's a bet on how bad the Cardinals are, but it's still a bit risky.
Same. Rams have been so good and are at home.
One word: Adrian Peterson............ two words: Adrian Peterson.
One man.... Jeff Fisher....... Two words: Jeff Fisher
How is jeff Fisher gonna stop ap? Only team that came close was sf. He still got like 10 pts on them

I was on the fence between them and Seattle, but after my (already favored) opponent's Gresham/Cinci D stomped my Bryce Brown last night, I feel like I need to roll the dice on a higher-upside play, so I'm going with Detroit.
I understand. Id still think I'd go Seahawks. I simply do not trust Detroit no matter how great the match up. I could be wrong though. Let's hope so. Good luck tomorrow.

'Sienna2012 said:
I understand. Id still think I'd go Seahawks. I simply do not trust Detroit no matter how great the match up. I could be wrong though. Let's hope so. Good luck tomorrow.
I like Detroit alot this week despite what everyone else says about how bad they are. It's really about how pathetic and turnover prone AZ is this year. Detroit will give up points, but can AZ do anything this week? My prediction is AZ scores 10 points. In my league I get 6 points for that. I also get 2 points per turnover. I expect them to get 3-4 sacks, 2 fumblerecoveries and 1-2 INT's. Hopefully a pick 6 or fumble recovery for a td. All in all, I think Detroit scores 16+ points on the low side and over 20 on the high side. I'll take that for my defense any week. I'm also up against the SEA owner, so I need Detroit to do well. :boxing:

'Sienna2012 said:
I like Detroit alot this week despite what everyone else says about how bad they are.

It's really about how pathetic and turnover prone AZ is this year. Detroit will give up

points, but can AZ do anything this week?

My prediction is AZ scores 10 points. In my league I get 6 points for that.

I also get 2 points per turnover. I expect them to get 3-4 sacks, 2 fumble

recoveries and 1-2 INT's. Hopefully a pick 6 or fumble recovery for a td.

All in all, I think Detroit scores 16+ points on the low side and over 20 on the high side.

I'll take that for my defense any week.

I'm also up against the SEA owner, so I need Detroit to do well. :boxing:
2 things they haven't been able to accomplish all year. Good luck.

'Sienna2012 said:
I like Detroit alot this week despite what everyone else says about how bad they are.

It's really about how pathetic and turnover prone AZ is this year. Detroit will give up

All in all, I think Detroit scores 16+ points on the low side and over 20 on the high side.

You sound like a guy that plays scared.

'Sienna2012 said:

Most of the teams playing Arizona have accomplished things they haven't all year, prior to that game.

'Sienna2012 said:
I like Detroit alot this week despite what everyone else says about how bad they are. It's really about how pathetic and turnover prone AZ is this year. Detroit will give up points, but can AZ do anything this week? My prediction is AZ scores 10 points. In my league I get 6 points for that. I also get 2 points per turnover. I expect them to get 3-4 sacks, 2 fumblerecoveries and 1-2 INT's. Hopefully a pick 6 or fumble recovery for a td. All in all, I think Detroit scores 16+ points on the low side and over 20 on the high side. I'll take that for my defense any week. I'm also up against the SEA owner, so I need Detroit to do well. :boxing:
Seattle at home is a totally different animal than Seattle on the road, the great Seattle D got practically nothing against Miami on the road.This week is a neutral site matchup against a Offense I consider slightly better than Miami

I have a hunch that Fitzgerald is going to do well against the Lions D this week. It goes against all rational thinking based on how horrible Lindley has played, but Fitz has been getting open consistently against much tougher defenses than Detroit. He was wide open on several plays vs. the Jets and Seahawks. Detroit will not stop Fitz if Lindley would just throw it accurately a couple of times.

I have a hunch that Fitzgerald is going to do well against the Lions D this week. It goes against all rational thinking based on how horrible Lindley has played, but Fitz has been getting open consistently against much tougher defenses than Detroit. He was wide open on several plays vs. the Jets and Seahawks. Detroit will not stop Fitz if Lindley would just throw it accurately a couple of times.
Lindley shouldn't even be a backup in the NFL. He makes Skelton look decent and Kolb look great. I agree though, I could see Lindley throwing up a prayer pass or two that Fitz comes down with. Even if Fitz gets his, the Lions D/ST could still put up 10+ points.

considering the parity in the NFL, never underestimate the EMBARRASSMENT factor.

Team gets killed 58-0, you know they're going to want to show up the next week.

You sound like a guy that plays scared.
You're a god. Please teach me!

Most of the teams playing Arizona have accomplished things they haven't all year, prior to that game.
I have so much to learn from you.

Well to all those saying Detroit defies this trend, bravo. Thank god it didn't cost me the game but wow, they really suck.

Needless to say I'm toast this week. LOL

You wïn some, you lose some. I still won the game in the league where I started Detroit (over Denver), so it's all good.Nothing more pathetic than the guy who shows up after a game to gloat...

You wïn some, you lose some. I still won the game in the league where I started Detroit (over Denver), so it's all good.Nothing more pathetic than the guy who shows up after a game to gloat...
Glad u still won. I'm out but not just because of Detroit. I had FreemanRice and Wilson score a combined 10 points. Just a bunch of playoff underperformers!

Users who are viewing this thread