What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Derek Wolfe (1 Viewer)

Shawn

Footballguy
Derek Wolfe is a rookie DT (Denver Broncos) who is leading the 1st team in tackles this year already. What are your thoughts on the guy dynasty wise? He is a dt leading the team in tackles... think about it! (I know it is preseason)

Del Rio has him penciled in as the 1st-team left DE right now and he kicks in to DT on passing downs. He has a nonstop motor and his pass-rushing skills are very good for a rookie. It looks like he's going to see a lot of the field his rookie year. The Broncos are high on him and like his versatility. I think he will have quite a few sack opportunities with VonDoom creating pressure from the outside on passing downs.

paging Jene can we get input on this one soon? From what I'm reading this guy appears to be a budding stud but no mention of him in the DL tiers at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know his game well from his college days and he's a little strange for a fantasy DE because he's far from a speed rusher. His strength is his ability to get through blocks and finish the job. He is a tweener as a possible DT/DE. I think his upside would be someone like Justin Smith. Both can get off blocks to make tackles and are relentless about getting to the QB through mostly power moves. He just isn't your standard edge rusher that typically piles up sacks in the NFL like some of the guys he's against in fantasy.

I will say this for him personally too... The guy cares about nothing at all except getting better at football. His focus and drive are unreal. I'm heavily biased on this one, but he's going to be in the league a while. I'm not sure what to think about fantasy, but hopefully that gives you a little more info on him.

Shouldn't he be like McCluster(on Yahoo/Espn) where he gets a dt/de (or in mcclusters case wr/rb) title

I grabbed this guy today for depth. After 3 preseason games hes leading the team in tackles and tied with sacks.

That, combined with his reported high motor and non stop devotion to improving his football skills.

I'm buying

Not much new that I can add here except that I got to see him in a few practices here and have watched him, specifically, on almost every play he's been in on. He never stops and pursues the ball like a LB does. Seems to move up and down the line well and is able to follow the ball carrier consistantly. I've seen him whiff on a few - but he's a rookie and I expected more confusion than I've seen. He seems to be picking up the NFL style of play rather well.

Users who are viewing this thread