What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Denarius Moore (1 Viewer)

He has great wk 15 and 16 matchups, but hard to trust him.
He does.But then he also had a great matchup vs. NO. Agree it's very hard to trust him at this point as more than a boom/bust flex play. Of Palmer's 809 pass yards the last 3 weeks, Moore has 60 of them.

This week's matchup turned out to be a positive one too in terms of production. Palmer threw for well over 300 yards, including a TD bomb to a wide receiver. There was production to be had but Moore ended up on the bench when Palmer was getting most of it.

I am concerned, though, that Palmer is really struggling to connect with his WRs the past few games. Streater had the TD bomb yesterday but both Moore and DHB haven't caught many passes at all. Palmer's getting very comfortable throwing to Reece and Myers. This is another aspect that's lowering Moore's value.

Last edited by a moderator:
This week's matchup turned out to be a positive one too in terms of production. Palmer threw for well over 300 yards, including a TD bomb to a wide receiver. There was production to be had but Moore ended up on the bench when Palmer was getting most of it. I am concerned, though, that Palmer is really struggling to connect with his WRs the past few games. Streater had the TD bomb yesterday but both Moore and DHB haven't caught many passes at all. Palmer's getting very comfortable throwing to Reece and Myers. This is another aspect that's lowering Moore's value.
Good point... I forgot that DHB isn't doing much either, so it doesn't seem like Moore is completely at fault. Although yeah, he did get benched for 'performance reasons'. I have Brandon Marshall and Megatron so he won't be in my line-up for the playoffs most likely.

Top it off with Week 14 being a Thursday game.
So....having to choose between him and a couple of other options today.Any insight or opinions from anyone out there?He has such huge upside, but this is the first round of the playoffs....hate to have a dud game to start the week off.

Top it off with Week 14 being a Thursday game.
So....having to choose between him and a couple of other options today.Any insight or opinions from anyone out there?He has such huge upside, but this is the first round of the playoffs....hate to have a dud game to start the week off.
He's on my bench. Always has upside but massive risk given the last three games and especially after having been benched last week. I'm not gambling on Moore, especially with it being a Thursday game. Nothing worse than having to stare at a bad score from Thursday for two days until you get to Sunday.

He needs a show-me game before I go back to him. I want to see him get a decent amount of targets AND see him catch a better percentage of those targets at least once before I start him again.

Logically I'd say:

1. He's played terrible the past few weeks

2. He might draw Champ in coverage

3. It's the dreaded Thursday Night fantasy buzzkill game

I try to make my decisions logically but not this time. I'm rolling with him were I got him. He's to talented, Palmer wants to go to him and I think or at least I'm really hoping this benching is going to get him out of his funk. So in short I'm dismissing logic and going with more or less a gut feeling. This is not generally recommended.

Logically I'd say:1. He's played terrible the past few weeks2. He might draw Champ in coverage3. It's the dreaded Thursday Night fantasy buzzkill gameI try to make my decisions logically but not this time. I'm rolling with him were I got him. He's to talented, Palmer wants to go to him and I think or at least I'm really hoping this benching is going to get him out of his funk. So in short I'm dismissing logic and going with more or less a gut feeling. This is not generally recommended.
I thought about it too because he is talented, has a big-time ceiling and the Raiders should have to throw it a ton tonight. He definitely could have a big game and it's absolutely going to suck if he does on my bench but I just can't take the risk. If the matchup wasn't as daunting I might be more inclined to gamble with him. But it definitely could end up paying off for you. He was respectable (4-71-0) in the first game against Denver so it's not like they shut him down then.

In a shallow roster league, I just dropped him for Golden ####### Tate. Need to cover the possibility of CS3 missing this week.

Logically I'd say:1. He's played terrible the past few weeks2. He might draw Champ in coverage3. It's the dreaded Thursday Night fantasy buzzkill gameI try to make my decisions logically but not this time. I'm rolling with him were I got him. He's to talented, Palmer wants to go to him and I think or at least I'm really hoping this benching is going to get him out of his funk. So in short I'm dismissing logic and going with more or less a gut feeling. This is not generally recommended.
I'm pretty much in the same boat. Whenever I start Denarius it's more of a gut thing because I know how capable he is, he really does have the potential to be one of the best receivers in the league IMO. I may start him over Knowshon Moreno tonight but that's only because this is my bye week so I can do whatever the hell I want, lol.

and his playoff schedule sucks!
He gets the Chiefs in Week 15. That's a terrific matchup. I feel better about Moore after last night. I know he didn't go off but it wasn't an epic disaster. He caught most of his targets and got a reasonable amount and was generally involved. I don't think he's back to being the low-end WR2 he was in a lot of leagues before the last month but I think he'll be a very viable WR3 next week.

Users who are viewing this thread