What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Democrats move to eliminate the Electoral College (1 Viewer)

You are constantly arguing, not reading..you even admitted earlier you completely missed who started the free transportation discussion.   

We all know the quote about how nowadays people are more interested in responding rather than listening.

This sir is you
I admitted my mistake and apologized...that certainly seems to be the MO of an angry guy.  I haven't been able to argue anything.  Asking you repeatedly if I am interpreting your words correctly is not arguing.  Words have meaning so when I ask if I am interpreting correctly and I essentially get a "no"...with no other substantive clarification I can forget making an actual argument.  There's no point.  :shrug:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I admitted my mistake and apologized...that certainly seems to be the MO of an angry guy.  I haven't been able to argue anything.  Asking you repeatedly if I am interpreting your words correctly is not arguing.  Words have meaning so when I ask if I am interpreting correctly and I essentially get a "no"...with no other substantive clarification I can forget making an actual argument.  There's no point.  :shrug:  
And, again, you missed me asking you what is it you'd like me to clarify so we can settle this.

And you argue and argue and argue..It is absolutely crazy to me how you just dont see this.

And, again, you missed me asking you what is it you'd like me to clarify so we can settle this.

And you argue and argue and argue..It is absolutely crazy to me how you just dont see this.
This can be applied to you as well.  Person after person after person is asking you to clarify things in multiple threads.  They aren't all just angry people.

This can be applied to you as well.  Person after person after person is asking you to clarify things in multiple threads.  They aren't all just angry people.
I'm sitting here, ready to clarify...Just need ol commish to tell me what he's confused about.  

YOU said that.  I did not.  Obviously you are free to make up whatever crap you wish.  
You've been asked to explain what you mean, and then you respond like this when others assume what you meant.  It'd be more helpful if you explained your statement so that others don't need to make assumptions

I didn't miss it.  I've answered it three times :shrug:

And I have yet to make an argument other than I am not making an argument, which is sort of ironic.

Then what's your problem with spending on helping people vote?  Why are you concerned with "who's gonna pay for it"?

If by "one up you" you mean trying to piece together all the inconsistencies in what seems to be every single post in this thread, sure....you got me.  It's rather obvious that you are dismissing certain types of spending by throwing your hands up in the air and saying "that's what we do" (which is a clear position of acceptance) for some things...the things you like.  Then you're attempting to climb up on some sort of spending soapbox for things you don't.  I WAS trying to understand the line you've drawn since you protested my initial assertion that it was :thumbup:  for things you like :thumbdown: for things you don't.....turns out that seems to be your approach exactly.  I think we're probably done here unless you want to claim some other rationale for the inconsistencies in your positions/comments.

ETA:  And you still haven't answered my simple question of why you are so concerned about who's going to pay for it which seems like it should be rather easy to explain, but....maybe not?

You just keep saying the same things over and over.  Assumptions are all I have when there is no clarification.  For instance, I ASSUME here in this post you are completely proving my point/guess (made a half dozen times now) that hypocrisy is the source of the disconnect and that deficit spending is a concern only when it's on things you feel are wasteful.  As the other piece of evidence I offer up the fact you didn't label the tax cuts as wasteful spending, rather you enjoyed them.  That's all my point's ever been.  I am pretty confident you get that whether you will admit it here or not.  You aren't alone...many of us are hypocrites on topics.  What I find the most interesting is what you approve of vs what you think is a waste.

Of course it does.  That's exactly how it works.  You simply want the money to go to the things "your side" does and when they don't you scream "but who's gonna pay for it?!?!?!?!?!!"  Many people do this and have done this forever.  The uncomfortable difference in the Trump era is he and the GOP have removed any semblance of a talking point with respect to fiscal responsibility they once had with their recent actions.  The band-aid's been ripped off that false premise.  Time to acknowledge they don't care about budgets any more than the Dems do....maybe even less (have you compared the year to year deficits of the last two Presidents?)
Take any of the above attempts to engage...it's like your choose your own adventure book.  The most direct question is the first one and really what I want to understand.  The rest is trying to understand the what appears to be your position.  Those are all posts of me trying to reconcile your comments here.  If those aren't correct, clarify.  "What?" isn't helpful.

TL'DR:

If you don't to do that work we can start with this question:

Is it accurate that "who's going to pay for it" only applies to things you don't agree with or does it apply across the board?  If it applies across the board, will you please show me your posts of concern here regarding the deficit spending for the tax bill that you "enjoyed".  TIA.

Ok.  Bout time.

"Who's going to pay for it" applies across the board.  

I cannot show you posts with my concern over deficit spending because I have not made any such posts.

Does that help?

Ok.  Bout time.

"Who's going to pay for it" applies across the board.  

I cannot show you posts with my concern over deficit spending because I have not made any such posts.

Does that help?
sort of....is there a reason you haven't voiced your displeasure with this admin's deficit spending?  The mere mention of spending (not even deficit spending) for transportation to voting seems to have gotten you pretty worked up and that's some millions of dollars.  If it applied across the board I'd expect one to be REALLY worked up over trillions in actual spending.  

ETA:  The inconsistency in reaction is what's throwing me off.  Doesn't make sense to me, but I'm up for the logic behind it.

sort of....is there a reason you haven't voiced your displeasure with this admin's deficit spending?  The mere mention of spending (not even deficit spending) for transportation to voting seems to have gotten you pretty worked up and that's some millions of dollars.  If it applied across the board I'd expect one to be REALLY worked up over trillions in actual spending.  
I think our deficit spending is very high.  And I'd rather not add more.

Satisfied yet?

If that's the best you have i have to be right?  Go have a beer and relax.  Being this uptight can't be fun. 
I don't know what more you want.   You have shown yourself to be argue first, discuss later.

Is that what this is for you? Some sort of effort to be right?  Then YES..you are right!!!   Better?

I think our deficit spending is very high.  And I'd rather not add more.

Satisfied yet?
Not saying this is you, but most people don't want deficit spending only for things they disagree with.  Most of the "how are we going to pay for this" people are in the wall thread arguing to spend $25B+ on something that has had no analysis done to show potential effectiveness and has no official plans anyways.

I'm a proponent of fiscal responsibility, but am also okay with deficit spending as long as it can be shown to provide a clear benefit to society.  In this case, I think spending a relatively tiny amount of money to ensure that people who want to vote have a means to vote is money well spent

Not saying this is you, but most people don't want deficit spending only for things they disagree with.  Most of the "how are we going to pay for this" people are in the wall thread arguing to spend $25B+ on something that has had no analysis done to show potential effectiveness and has no official plans anyways.

I'm a proponent of fiscal responsibility, but am also okay with deficit spending as long as it can be shown to provide a clear benefit to society.  In this case, I think spending a relatively tiny amount of money to ensure that people who want to vote have a means to vote is money well spent
I don't disagree about the societal benefit.   I don't think that's an effective use of money however.   I do see how folks would find value in that.  I don't.  

Users who are viewing this thread