What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Debt collection incompetence, what are my options? (1 Viewer)

Shirtless

Footballguy
I owed $90 for a cell phone bill (I canceled to move abroad, and had a pro rated balance left that I didn't know about). It went to a collections agency and I finally found out when they called me. 

I paid on the collector's website, but they said it didn't register in their system. I gave them two weeks to resolve the issue,  but no luck. So I just paid again, this time over the phone. When the payment was confirmed, I called my credit card to get my first payment back. 

My dispute was processed and I got my refund. Then, two days later, the collections agency gave me ANOTHER refund, initiated by them. Two payments, two refunds, and I'm back at owing $90.

But the kicker is they didn't tell me I was issued a refund and still owed money. Two months later I get a credit report saying I have a delinquent account. 

I call the agency and their perspective is my balance is unpaid and that all I have to do is pay it. My concern is that, even if I pay it now, it's still on my credit report. I want it removed, but that means they have to take back their refund and reissue the payment dated back to two months ago. They say they won't do this. 

Who can I go to here? It's ridiculous that I paid this thing twice and have nothing to show for it except a delinquent account. 

Users who are viewing this thread