What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

D Adams to Vegas !! (1 Viewer)

Oh man. Gotta imagine this is something like two 1sts or something huge look that. 

Rodgers is gonna be pissed. Suddenly its Randall Cobb and Allen Lazard as the #1 and #2. 

Green Bay is gonna have to be signing a FA,(Fuller? Landry? Sanders? Hilton?), not that anyone is near Adams caliber, and likely drafting a guy in round 1. 

Oh man. Gotta imagine this is something like two 1sts or something huge look that. 

Rodgers is gonna be pissed. Suddenly its Randall Cobb and Allen Lazard as the #1 and #2. 

Green Bay is gonna have to be signing a FA,(Fuller? Landry? Sanders? Hilton?), not that anyone is near Adams caliber, and likely drafting a guy in round 1. 
After all the drama with Rodgers I can’t believe they’re trading away his main weapon. I wonder if they talked to him about it?

Fantasy wise, I would think this is major knock to Hunter Renfrow. Probably a slight knock to Adams(though he should still see 170 or so targets) and an upgrade to Carr and maybe Jacobs?

When you pay your QB $50,000,00.00 per year...options will be limited at receiver. 
I mean, they could have afforded Adams, if they hadn't allocated money to guys like Aaron Jones, and De'Vondre Campbell who play less important positions and are much easier to replace.

Also Waller takes a big hit. Only so many passes to go around. 
I guess it depends on where you valued Waller to begin with. I had him TE5, I don't know if this move is enough to knock a guy like Pitts ahead of him for me, and I think there is a dropoff after TE6.

I mean, they could have afforded Adams, if they hadn't allocated money to guys like Aaron Jones, and De'Vondre Campbell who play less important positions and are much easier to replace.

I guess it depends on where you valued Waller to begin with. I had him TE5, I don't know if this move is enough to knock a guy like Pitts ahead of him for me, and I think there is a dropoff after TE6.
You're Aaron Rodgers and you already hate the Packers because they don't magically surround you with...and now you lose this guy

-I would say the GBP have almost no chance of getting to a SB without Adams and most of their other WRs are set to walk as well. 

-NFC North up for grabs 😆

You're Aaron Rodgers and you already hate the Packers because they don't magically surround you with...and now you lose this guy

-I would say the GBP have almost no chance of getting to a SB without Adams and most of their other WRs are set to walk as well. 

The Rodgers story has been fascinating in a train wreck way - and just when it couldn’t get any weirder, here we are.

Fantasy wise, I would think this is major knock to Hunter Renfrow. Probably a slight knock to Adams(though he should still see 170 or so targets) and an upgrade to Carr and maybe Jacobs?
I traded for Renfrow this off-season and while I don’t think this kills him in ppr, it’s obviously a blow.

I also have Adams in another league. I sort of agree but a little more pessimistic. It’s not that I don’t like Carr, but he was Rodger’s main guy.

I wouldn't go as far as to say its up for grabs. GB won't just roll with Cobb and Lazard, and Det/Chi aren't even remotely close to contending. Vikings could be interesting if O'Connell is anything close to McVay, and they hit or the draft though.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if I were GB, I would actually be looking to sign Julio Jones. Maybe he can't stay on the field, but he's probably the only FA left with #1 ability, and maybe he'll be cheap-ish to add. 

ETA: Like maybe for less than Adams costs, you could sign Julio+Landry, and still take a WR in round 1, and have a deeper overall group? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded for Renfrow this off-season and while I don’t think this kills him in ppr, it’s obviously a blow.

I also have Adams in another league. I sort of agree but a little more pessimistic. It’s not that I don’t like Carr, but he was Rodger’s main guy.

I will probably be in the minority, but I could see Renfrow really blowing up...McDaniels has used the hell out of this type of player in the past and Adams (and Waller) will take a lot of coverage away from him.

Obviously you've got Waller to account for but fwiw when Welker was killing it in this system it was with Randy Moss blowing up on the outside.
I thought of that as well and of course this is now a McDaniel’s offense but I’m a bit hesitant to think that way yet. I didn’t pay anything too crazy so I’ll ride it out and hope it’s Moss/Welker. I still think Renfrow has a floor of about 88 catches if healthy.

I will probably be in the minority, but I could see Renfrow really blowing up...McDaniels has used the hell out of this type of player in the past and Adams (and Waller) will take a lot of coverage away from him.
Its probably underrating Welker to suggest Renfrow is on his level though. Its certainly a stretch to expect Derek Carr to be on Tom Brady's level. Also, Moss and Adams are very different WRs. Many of those shorter catches that Welker caught(and Renfrow caught a year ago) will become Adams catches.

I'd probably consider Renfrow somewhere around WR30 right now. I'd bet on him being 3rd on the team in receiving yards. 

AFC West is gonna be crazy. 

I don't think this will be as bad for Rodgers as some do.  I am sure they will sign a FA or two and they will likely draft a WR early, and it's not like Rodgers was a clown before getting Adams. Rodgers made Adams a stud NFL player, not the other way around, and given how overly dependent Rodgers got on Adams, having a new WR corps might help them as a team.  

I thought of that as well and of course this is now a McDaniel’s offense but I’m a bit hesitant to think that way yet. I didn’t pay anything two crazy so I ride it out and hope it’s Moss/Welker. I still think Renfrow has a floor of about 88 catches if healthy.
That's only 15 fewer catches than last year. With Adams and a healthy Waller, I think 88 catches might be his absolute ceiling. I'd put the over/under at about 70 or so personally. 

Its probably underrating Welker to suggest Renfrow is on his level though. Its certainly a stretch to expect Derek Carr to be on Tom Brady's level. Also, Moss and Adams are very different WRs. Many of those shorter catches that Welker caught(and Renfrow caught a year ago) will become Adams catches.

I'd probably consider Renfrow somewhere around WR30 right now. I'd bet on him being 3rd on the team in receiving yards. 

Looks like you are looking at all negatives...I don't think Renfrow will be Welker (not many people can be and as a Pats fan I actually take offense that you think I am underrating him and by the way he was not the only WR who filled this role in New England) but he does fit the mold of a WR McDaniels likes to use a lot and I would be shocked to see the Raiders pay that type of money to Adams to take the punishment that role requires...the more I look at this situation the more I like Renfrow as far as receptions and yardage, the x-factor will be TDs which could be an issue with Adams and Waller around.

I think this is NOT a bad thing for Renfrow.  Or Waller.

Better offense, more TDs, more plays, more quality targets....

It's bad for Adam's though.  How could it not be??  He will still be very good though

Users who are viewing this thread