What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Crazy stat of the day. The Lions have scored more in the 4th (1 Viewer)

The last 2 or 3 years the Lions have been ridiculously slow on offense then they go light it up.

Most of the time I see as Stafford being quite off, bad timing, throws off target, then he clicks.

I keep saying it but they won't listen.. :) Just defer every game, if you win the toss then kickoff. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a good thing, it means you are always losing. NFL Live just showed they have trailed for more plays than any team other than the Chiefs. I listed them as my 10th best team in another thread. Not feeling as confident in that knowing this information.

Does any one know where I can find a list of the time/plays a team has spent trailing?

If they would just run the same offense they are running in the 4th quarter they' be a lot better. Schwartz really wants to run the ball and have a great defense so he tries to run it and it gets predictable. Just pass it. Your team strength is there.

Here's another crazy stat. Buffalo is giving up 5.95 yards per rushing attempt. That's nearly a yard per carry better than Barry Sanders career average. The worst rush defense post merger was 2006 Indy who gave up 5.33 yards per rush. You have to go back to 1951 to find a worse ypc allowed.

Does any one know where I can find a list of the time/plays a team has spent trailing?
In 2012, Detroit Lions vs. any team, in the regular season, play type is pass or rush, scoring margin is between -99 and 0
Offensive plays:Tm G Plays ToGo Yds 1st% TD FG 1st Int Fum Sack Pass RushDET 7 473 8.25 5.63 32.6% 16 0 154 4 6 14 321 152Edit: Those are the offensive plays they've had while tied or trailing. If you want just trailing make it -1 to -99. And if you want defensive plays then make it any team and opponent Detroit.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like Detroit is going to be trailing a lot the rest of the season. After Jacksonville this week, they have a brutal schedule the rest of the way.

Week 10 @Minnesota (5-3)

Week 11 Green Bay (5-3)

Week 12 Houston (6-1)

Week 13 Indianapolis (4-3)

Week 14 @Green Bay (5-3)

Week 15 @Arizona (4-4)

Week 16 Atlanta (7-0)

Week 17 Chicago (6-1)

Their remaining opponents after this week are a combined 42-18!

It looks like Detroit is going to be trailing a lot the rest of the season. After Jacksonville this week, they have a brutal schedule the rest of the way.Week 10 @Minnesota (5-3)Week 11 Green Bay (5-3)Week 12 Houston (6-1)Week 13 Indianapolis (4-3)Week 14 @Green Bay (5-3)Week 15 @Arizona (4-4)Week 16 Atlanta (7-0)Week 17 Chicago (6-1)Their remaining opponents after this week are a combined 42-18!
could.. but if they come out and play like they did against SEA and that defense they have then im not so sure its going to be Detroit who plays the under-dog. Lets face it this team has the skill on offense to put a bad licking to anyone, its been a frustrating ride but im not going to call them out as a rocky ride the rest of the way knowing what they can do... its too unpredictable but none the less they ARE capable of it.

Crazy stat of the day. The Lions have scored more in the 4th than they have in all other three quarters combined

saw this on NFL AM. What a crazy stat. Sure makes owning any lions a stressful ride. I wonder if anything that dramatic has happened before.
Have the Lions had been putting in RB Joique Bell in more in the fourth quarter?I don't know what the deal is with RB Mikel LeShoure. He seems to be thee guy after busting out with a 26 carry 100 yard rushing game with 1 TD back back in the third game against Tennessee but this is what he has done following that game:

MIN - 13 CAR 26 YDS 0 TDs

PHI - 15 CAR 70 YDS 0 TDs

CHI - 12 CAR 63 YDs 0 TDs

DET - 10 CAR 46 YDs 0 TDs

He's also had 20 catches for 129 yards 0 TDs

Mikel seems to be doing fine running the ball, at least his average per carry seems to fine but they are not feeding him at anywhere near the clip he got in his first game back. I heard a rumor that their is a bit of a controversy starting to sprout up with Joique Bell VS Mikel LeShoure and I took a look at LeShoure's stats and didn't see anything glaring but if the team is using Bell more in the fourth quarter and they are scoring more maybe he's providing a spark and that is the reason why I have heard this rumor.

I don't get to watch many Lion games so is Joique Bell getting used more in the fourth quarter? If so its possible that this odd scoring quirk could be the reason behind the rumblings of a RB controversy because I didn't see anything in the stats but if the team is responding better with Joique in the game then the coaches might start to take a shine to him.

I know I liked Bell a lot from what I saw in the preseason but it seemed like LeShoure had cemented the starting job but the carries aren't very high for Mikel and he hasn't scored and I have heard some rumblings of a RB controversy so maybe this scoring anomoly is behind those rumors.

Is Joique Bell being used more in the fourth quarter?

I don't get to watch many Lion games so is Joique Bell getting used more in the fourth quarter? If so its possible that this odd scoring quirk could be the reason behind the rumblings of a RB controversy because I didn't see anything in the stats but if the team is responding better with Joique in the game then the coaches might start to take a shine to him.

I know I liked Bell a lot from what I saw in the preseason but it seemed like LeShoure had cemented the starting job but the carries aren't very high for Mikel and he hasn't scored and I have heard some rumblings of a RB controversy so maybe this scoring anomoly is behind those rumors.

Same here... I drafted LeShoure and carried him thru his suspension....Sold High...after Week 6 (gave AJ Green/LeShoure/Cam for ADP/Fitz/HMiller & a 2nd round pick). From what I have seen (though limited), Bell has been getting more No Huddle/2 Min Drill activity. Det/Stafford have been running that more in the 4th Qtr while trailing most games. Bell is only getting 5-6 carries/game for 3.9 ypc, but the 20 rec of 26 targets are 3rd down RB role stuff - that is a nice ppr Flex option... just needs a TD! 8 Touches a game....

Does the "personal issue" LeShoure have any impact on his playing today? Or was he truely injured when he hobbled off the field? Bell could be a nice pick up for the Det offense as it starts to develop into the high scoring machine we all projected!

FWIW, I am starting J Bell @ Jax over M Austin @ Atl this week.

Same here... I drafted LeShoure and carried him thru his suspension....Sold High...after Week 6 (gave AJ Green/LeShoure/Cam for ADP/Fitz/HMiller & a 2nd round pick). From what I have seen (though limited), Bell has been getting more No Huddle/2 Min Drill activity. Det/Stafford have been running that more in the 4th Qtr while trailing most games. Bell is only getting 5-6 carries/game for 3.9 ypc, but the 20 rec of 26 targets are 3rd down RB role stuff - that is a nice ppr Flex option... just needs a TD! 8 Touches a game....

Does the "personal issue" LeShoure have any impact on his playing today? Or was he truely injured when he hobbled off the field? Bell could be a nice pick up for the Det offense as it starts to develop into the high scoring machine we all projected!

FWIW, I am starting J Bell @ Jax over M Austin @ Atl this week.
Nice call. Bell looked good again.

Lions | Leaders in fourth-quarter scoring

Sat, 17 Nov 2012 09:01:48 -0800

The Detroit Lions lead the NFL with 118 points scored in the fourth quarter; however, they have been outscored 129-95 in the first three quarters.

0 Comments | Source: ProFootballTalk.com - Darin Gantt | Share:

I see this more inept then anything... just proof this team does not sustain drives three quarters of games due to execution or playcalling. Something both can potentialy be blamed on coaching imo...

Users who are viewing this thread