What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Convoluted strategy question (1 Viewer)

Here's Johnny

Footballguy
12 team ppr

I have Cory Davis, and Curtis Samuel on my bench.  Someone dropped Vance McDonald.  I have OJ Howard. 

McDonald and Howard both have a week 7 bye.  

Since there are not a lot of tight ends my thought is to pick up McDonald for Davis or Samuel, then hope either he or Howard starts the season fast.

I then try to trade the better tight end, and Allen Robinson (who is starting off fast) for an top WR (Allen, Evans, Thomas).  

Am I barking at the moon here?  At the very least I would have two tiers 2 tight ends.

Thoughts

I wouldn’t give up what is perceived as a much more valuable asset just to carry a backup TE.  If Samuel and Davis are the most droppable commodities you have, maybe try to trade one for a strong TE with a better bye week, or sit tight and see which one breaks out (if either).

Ideally there is someone more expendable to cut.

If you don't believe in Robinson, then I'd try to package him and Howard for one of those top guys and gamble you can still land McDonald in waivers. Agree with @Arodin

Users who are viewing this thread