What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Considering the dearth of points on TNF (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
TNF has been pretty much a fantasy wasteland (with few exceptions).

So how do you feel about players from either Cin or Phi?

I like Dalton, Grenn and the Cincy D a lot - despite the trend.

It seems like every time a thread like this pops up the Thursday night players play well and the myth of the poor TNF play seems to quiet down for a while.

Bengals DST with confidence. :thumbup: Philly coming off a short week, emotional win. Foles at QB, decimated Eagles WR's and TE's, Bryce Brown facing a stacked box. Thursday games are usually low scoring...

'The Dude said:
TNF has been pretty much a fantasy wasteland (with few exceptions).So how do you feel about players from either Cin or Phi?I like Dalton, Grenn and the Cincy D a lot - despite the trend.
Same thing here,I like Dalton, Green and the Cincy D a lot..But not touching any Eagles players in this one..

Seems like Tampa stacked the box and dared Foles to beat them. He did.

I would expect Cincy to use a more balanced approach, leaving Brown as a viable RB2 play. 90 yards and a better than even chance at a TD.

Not sure I'd touch anyone else in Philly though. Cincy DST should be a solid play, Dalton and Green safe plays.

BJGE has been getting fed the ball a ton the past 4 weeks and most importantly his efficiency numbers have blown up compared to his weak early season. I'm absolutely starting him this Thursday. :thumbup:

Anybody else considering Andrew Hawkins this weekend? He's got two straight weeks with a score, Sanu's done for the year, and Gresham is banged up. Seems like he's a good bet to get some targets.

Anybody else considering Andrew Hawkins this weekend? He's got two straight weeks with a score, Sanu's done for the year, and Gresham is banged up. Seems like he's a good bet to get some targets.
I ran Hawkins out in my lineup last week with some success.Juggling the idea of rolling with him again over Britt's Monday night dance with Cromartie.I think Hawkins is the safer play... will probably be wrestling with this one until kickoff.

how about jermaine gresham? :unsure:
Was quiet last week and teams who face Philly tend to target the TE plenty. I'd say he is safe to get you 5/50, and could easily find the end zone.
i could see him finding the endzone... i havent watched too many philly games this year, but i do remember the monday night game where gruden was pointing out the eagles defense tends to leave huge holes in the middle of the field. Not sure if that means anything for gresham, but it certainly shouldnt hurt.

I'll be starting BJGE over D. Wilson and Murray this week. Eagles are soft up the middle so I expect a decent night.

The playoffs aren't the time to gamble but I like TE Clay Harbor with Celek&jackson out, Maclin dinged.
I agree with this. I am tracking the Celek concussion fairly close. If he is out, I am definitely bumping up Harbor. He seemed to be Foles check down on a lot of plays. Could be a sneaky play here.

I agree with this. I am tracking the Celek concussion fairly close. If he is out, I am definitely bumping up Harbor. He seemed to be Foles check down on a lot of plays. Could be a sneaky play here.
He's already been ruled out for Thursdays game

I'll be starting BJGE over D. Wilson and Murray this week. Eagles are soft up the middle so I expect a decent night.
Early reports have Peerman inactive tomorrow nite so BJGE should get plenty of work. I'm a bit worried tho about Philly's run defense.

"dearth of ThNF scoring" is a myth/one of the most overblown 'phenomena' on the borad this year. Many players have blown up/had very nice games on THnF. Only thing THNF really affects is a player who really needs a week of therapy to get cleared to play etc.

This is really just an example of small sample size and people overly analyzing the one game a week that is on its own day.

Team in my 250.00 league my team is basically after injuries all Bengals and Falcons lol, I am rolling BJGE (over Matthews), Dalton (over Romo), and Cin D obv.

Users who are viewing this thread