What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (2 Viewers)

If I lived near California, I'd definitely go to https://powertrip.live/ :headbang:

$600 for general admission seems steep. But works out to $100 per band so not bad.
That is really steep for a festival.
Yea.. But then again I wanted to go see the Eagles when they come to town.. Cheapest nosebleed seats were $120, $320 for first level side seats... . So that $100/band is looking like a bargain ;)

Sigh…so taking my kid and his friend to see Underoath and Slaughter to Prevail tonight instead of going to see Tedeschi Trucks with the wife

Sigh…so taking my kid and his friend to see Underoath and Slaughter to Prevail tonight instead of going to see Tedeschi Trucks with the wife
You drew the short end of that stick. I'll be seeing the Tedeschi Trucks Band September 8 at the Outlaw Festival in Raleigh. Willie Nelson and Family, Los Lobos and String Cheese Incident are playing too. The night before, which is a Thursday night, I'll be seeing the band X and the Squirrel Nut Zippers in Charlotte. That show was originally supposed to be two Saturdays ago, but it was postponed and moved to Sept. 7. It isn't an ideal makeup date, but we will just have to go with the flow and make it work. At least it isn't on the same day as the Outlaw Festival.

You drew the short end of that stick. I'll be seeing the Tedeschi Trucks Band September 8 at the Outlaw Festival in Raleigh. Willie Nelson and Family, Los Lobos and String Cheese Incident are playing too. The night before, which is a Thursday night, I'll be seeing the band X and the Squirrel Nut Zippers in Charlotte. That show was originally supposed to be two Saturdays ago, but it was postponed and moved to Sept. 7. It isn't an ideal makeup date, but we will just have to go with the flow and make it work. At least it isn't on the same day as the Outlaw Festival.
A great couple days of music there. I really wanted to see X when they came to town recently but couldn't make it work. I have seen some of their recent shows on youtube and think they still sound amazing.

Yeah I've never seen them was looking forward to it but he’s really into music right now and wanted to see this show so felt obligated to take him. When he’s older I’ll give him a hard time about it

If she woulda opened a book instead of her knees you wouldn’t have this problem

J/k, it’s what we do….we are parents. When you look back on it you’ll be happy you did

Saw Berlin, Howard Jones and Culture Club last night in West Palm. The show was delayed for an hour and 45 minutes because of heavy storms. A 7:00 start time turned into 8:45, but once the rain was gone it was a beautiful night for an outdoor show.

Berlin was awesome, Terri Nunn still sounds great, and the band was tight.

Howard Jones was pretty good. Nothing special, but solid and a nice trip down memory lane.

Culture Club was meh IMO. Boy George doesn't sound that great these days, but the band and his backup singers were all on point. We left before the 3 song encore to beat the traffic out of there.

The people watching during the delay was interesting to say the least.

Wife surprised me with tix to train/better than Ezra in Napa next Friday. She gave me a save the date a few months ago and sprung it on me tonight

Is Gametime app a safe place to secure tickets? They have some pretty nice tickets that I'd like to grab, but never used them previously.

Wife surprised me with tix to train/better than Ezra in Napa next Friday. She gave me a save the date a few months ago and sprung it on me tonight
I haven't been to a concert in easily 15-20 years. This one was a small, open air venue in Napa near oxbow market. Several food trucks and a lot of bars. Never felt too crowded. Fantastic evening. going to start doing more of this.

Very fun. Both bands played several covers…

better than Ezra played

blister in the sun

an Inxs tune

Tiny dancer

train played

Steve Miller- the joker

an American girl

encore was hotel California

I had to go to page 4 to find this thread. What's going on people? Two shows this past week for me. Caamp at the Met in phila. Isbell at the Capitol Theatre in NY. Sixth time I've seen him over the past year. I guess you can say I'm a fan. He puts on such an incredible live show. No Shires sadly, but his new album is very good. And the Cap might be my favorite indoor venue with the Beacon being a close 2nd. Its a small venue and general admission on the 1st floor so you're pretty close and though sold out, there was solid spacing to be able to boogie down without bumping into people. Gonna see if I can score a reasonably priced ticket for his NJ show this Tuesday.

Marathon coming up for me. Leave Thursday for 4 day Mammoth Blues and Brews festival. Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Samantha Fish, Larkin Poe and many more. Come home Sunday. Then Taylor Swift on Monday and .38 Special on Tuesday.

Posted in the other Taylor thread:

I went Monday night with my family including Mrs. Smails, my 2 daughters and their husbands. Was worth every penny. I paid $500 per ticket after being waitlisted for all the original LA shows but then getting the code when she added Monday night. Terrific seats. VIP tickets so we breezed through the entrance/security. Never took longer than a few minutes to get to the bathroom or get a drink, which is important since she was on for 3 1/2 hours.

Man she is impressive. I've been to many Stadium concerts but this one felt intimate. Coulda been playing to a 2,000 seat club. She just connects with her audience. Stamina off the charts. She just did not stop, going from one song to another. All while doing umpteen quick costume changes. From all the screaming you hear from fans on TikTok videos, that wasn't an issue. Could hear Taylor perfectly clear. Stage was unreal. Everything was perfectly run. SoFi hasn't been the greatest for concerts. I don't know if was the Taylor pull through or not, but everyone upped their game to give a great experience.

She is a great story teller. Not the usual lazy lyrics you hear in most catchy pop songs. All Too Well is a masterpiece. Her voice has really improved. Total performer on stage with facial expressions that speak to her songs. And from day 1 nobody in entertainment has built a loyal fanbase like hers. Mastered social media. Authentic with fans and she is greatly rewarded for it. She could break every touring record known to man if she wanted to. Plus she'll own all of her songs being released and my God the amount of merch she moves. $$$$$$

Upcoming shows:

8/19 Tyler Childers and SG Goodman
9/02 Susto
9/08 Yo La Tengo
9/17 Heartless Bastards
9/29 Shovels & Rope
10/11 Gregory Alan Isakov and Lucius
10/14 Colter Wall
10/20 Paul Cauthen
10/24 SG Goodman
11/07 John R Miller

Nice. Only Heartless Bastards show near me is one they are opening for Guided by Voices at a small venue and is sold out. Having trouble finding tickets.

Upcoming shows:

9/02 Susto
9/08 Yo La Tengo
9/17 Heartless Bastards
9/29 Shovels & Rope
10/14 Colter Wall
10/20 Paul Cauthen
10/24 SG Goodman
11/07 John R Miller

The only artist here I've heard of on this list is Yo La Tengo.

Man, I just do not do new music.

Most of these are americana/alt-country

Cool. I actually thought they might be, because I've generally heard of the rock and hip hop/rap stuff that's been coming out, and you like Americana/alt-country, which I've sorta noticed from our drafts and lists. Americana and alt-country are a big blind spot for me.

Post Malone was excellent. Tons of energy. A bit of a lull with 2 songs in the middle and not much there between songs (a low key "thank you so very f*in much" seems to be his only phrase). But he's a stellar performer with a far better voice than I imagined. Definitely worth it even if you are a fringe fan

Upcoming shows:

9/02 Susto
9/08 Yo La Tengo
9/17 Heartless Bastards
9/29 Shovels & Rope
10/14 Colter Wall
10/20 Paul Cauthen
10/24 SG Goodman
11/07 John R Miller
Man I’ve never been this stumped. I know Tyler Childers in this list and that’s it. Usually I can relate to any list. But maybe boomerism is setting in with me. Becoming out of touch

Last edited:
Funny story from the Colter Wall show I saw last year at a small standing only venue. I was behind a group of young ladies about 10 feet back from the stage. They had their phones out the entire show, which is normal now and not an issue for me. One of the girls holds her phone up to take a picture and its directly in front of my view from behind her. She zeroed in on Colter standing directly in front of us, then pans down and zooms in all the way on his crotch. He's got the tight jeans on. Hilarious moment that I still laugh about. Great show.

It's Musikfest season in the Lehigh Valley! This is the 27th year in a row I've made it over to the festival.
I went over with the wife on Wednesday night to see the Goo Goo Dolls on the main stage.

The first time I had tickets for a Goo Goo Dolls show was while I was in college back in 1995 to see them in Grace Hall (small wrestling gym) at Lehigh University for like $3. Then "Name" hit big and the $3 concert was cancelled and replaced by a real concert at the local "real" concert venue, Stabler arena. For some reason, I couldn't make it to that show but saw them in a small venue "sonic session" in 2002.

Lead singer, Johnny Rzeznik, was handed a new guitar before each song and the guitar had tape with the next song name on the back. (Weird way to follow the set list I guess?) Anyway, before the previous song he got mixed up and said it was their first radio hit and then saw the next song was instead "Come to Me" and basically said oops and had to explain. After that song is over this clip picks up with the right guitar and song.

Goo Goo Dolls - Name - Musikfest 2023

Btw, he's sitting because he had a banged-up foot, doesn't explain the capris though.

Saw The Chicks last night

I’ve been a fan forever. I know some don’t like them because politics but whatever

The show was awesome! 22? songs without coming up for air. I was singing along like a teenage girl.

Emily, as expected played a ridiculous amount of different instruments. Banjo, mandolin, piano, steel guitar and violin off the top of my head. Super underrated musicians imo

Will go again if they come through the area fo sho

Was hoping to see Ghost tomorrow but between a pretty long weekend and having to get up at 5 AM Tuesday to take my MIL to surgery just not feeling a late night at venue an hour away

This just really made me feel terrific. Planning to go up Portland, ME for 5 days over labor day weekend with my two teenager daughters to see a couple of bands (502s and Caamp) and just do a little vaca together since we hardly do that. The bands are really the main attractions of the trip. I didn't have tix to the 502s; was just really procrastinating on buying them for whatever deranged thinking even though they're only like $25 bucks each. So I go yesterday to buy them and they're sold old. Go on the secondary market and can only find one ticket that's like 6x face value which I just bought out of pure impulse. Figure that the vaca could be torpedoed without this one show. So mad at myself for waiting so long and jeopardizing what was set up to be a nice vaca with my girls. Shot in the dark, I tweet the band asking if there's any chance they're releasing more tix and explaining my dilemma. Immediately get a reply tweet that they're hooking me up with tix for the show. After a few exchanges, they go my info and the tix will be waiting for me at will call. Just an awesome thing for them to do. Just a great group of guys that put out some quality music with a really positive vibe and a ton of energy at their shows.

It's Musikfest season in the Lehigh Valley! This is the 27th year in a row I've made it over to the festival.
I went over with the wife on Wednesday night to see the Goo Goo Dolls on the main stage.

The first time I had tickets for a Goo Goo Dolls show was while I was in college back in 1995 to see them in Grace Hall (small wrestling gym) at Lehigh University for like $3. Then "Name" hit big and the $3 concert was cancelled and replaced by a real concert at the local "real" concert venue, Stabler arena. For some reason, I couldn't make it to that show but saw them in a small venue "sonic session" in 2002.

Lead singer, Johnny Rzeznik, was handed a new guitar before each song and the guitar had tape with the next song name on the back. (Weird way to follow the set list I guess?) Anyway, before the previous song he got mixed up and said it was their first radio hit and then saw the next song was instead "Come to Me" and basically said oops and had to explain. After that song is over this clip picks up with the right guitar and song.

Goo Goo Dolls - Name - Musikfest 2023

Btw, he's sitting because he had a banged-up foot, doesn't explain the capris though.
Saw then 20 years ago opening for Bon Jovi at a Tiger Woods charity event (Tiger Jam). Post show, Johnny tried to sneak in an elevator at Mandalay Bay and about 15 girls swarmed him. Tough life these rock stars.

Recently caught King's X and Queens of the Stone Age. King's X was at small venue; was not sure what to expect, as they have been off the road for quite awhile. But they put on excellent show and sounded great. Blend of old and new (though nothing off of Gretchen Goes To Nebraska, which I view as the album that "broke" them, so that was a surprise). Appears they are doing small blocks of shows in a given area. Guess based on age and recent health scares, that make sense. Would recommend as a casual fan.

QOTSA was a pleasant surprise, in that I am a bigger fan of their early material (fortunate enough to catch a show when Nick Olivieri was still in the band). But they really brought it and did a great blend in their set. Stage show was pretty cool too. Josh at one point called all the fans to come down lower and closer to the stage...sure security loved that!

As a change of pace, may go see Calexico this week at a free show in one of our local parks. Always liked listening to their stuff and seems like the right environment for it. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Its incredible how many bands there are. I probably recognize 25% of the names thrown out in here. To me this really is a golden age of music. Sure there aren't the big rock and roll headliners, but there are so many super talented acts that you get exposed to through the streaming services and can see at a small, intimate venue at a reasonable price. Just love it.

Users who are viewing this thread