What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (1 Viewer)

Saw Jon Anderson backed by The Band Geeks last night. They played a small theater in St. Charles, IL. Went into it not really knowing much about the Band Geeks or what to expect. I guess the story is they are a group of musicians led by Richie Castellano of BOC, from other bands, who started a podcast in 2014 and morphed into them playing youtube cover videos. All of that sounds pretty horrible, but Jon Anderson saw a video of them covering Yes and was blown away. They met, played together, and within two weeks went on the road for a short mini tour. Jon was right, these guys are really good.

If you are a fan of 1970's era Yes, this show was incredible. Jon Anderson, still sounds great, and this band completely nailed it. The setlist also blew me away.
Set 1: Yours Is No Disgrace, Perpetual Change, Close to the Edge, Heart of the Sunrise, Starship Trooper, Awaken Set 2: And You and I, I've Seen All Good People, The Gates of Delirium, Roundabout.

The Gates of Delirium was cool to see live. Awaken was another epic to experience live.

I'm usually skeptical of older bands who reform with 1 or 2 members but this was an incredible experience. The band nails this era of Yes, and Jon still sounds amazing. I think this might of been one of the last shows of their 8 or 9 show tour, but hopefully they get back out there again with this show. Still blown away. Ancient Yes fans abound last night, people who've seen them live in the 70's were also blown away. It felt like the real deal. Tight, crispy and loud. Had an energy that had me believing I was seeing Yes in a tiny theater.

There's some good video of this tour on Youtube. Here is a Close to the Edge from their NJ show in April

John Butler tonight in NYC. Been waiting a long time to see him again.
This is one of those shows that everyone should just go and see. I've seen a lot of shows like everyone in this thread and this is right near the top which says something considering its a solo act. Not my favorite artist, but in terms of song writing, singing, guitar playing, storytelling, overall entertaining, this guy has the total package. The guitar playing alone is worth the price of admission. Certainly as technically talented as anyone going, but also just a lot of creativity and originality. I've seen him 3 other times with variations of the traditional trio of his band and even though I knew he was a special musical talent, playing solo really allows you to appreciate how much so.

Red Hot Chili Peppers show in Phoenix on Sunday. The concert is at the Cardinals football stadium, and ticket prices have sunk way low. You can get in the stadium, nosebleed seats, for $25. Anybody on here see RHCP on this tour and have any comments? Since all I do at big venue concerts is watch the replay screen, I’m tempted to pay the $25 just to get into the stadium and hear it.
Went to the show last night. I'm not a deep track, RHCP fan, but I love their hits and pretty much everything on Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik. This was not a good concert. The set list was mostly newer songs, and the sound mixing had the vocals muddled all night. It seemed most of the crowd was waiting for hits, and when they came the energy was there, but then that would follow with 2-3 songs from the 2022 albums and the energy was sucked from the stadium. I'm glad I only paid $26 (plus fees) for tickets.

Red Hot Chili Peppers show in Phoenix on Sunday. The concert is at the Cardinals football stadium, and ticket prices have sunk way low. You can get in the stadium, nosebleed seats, for $25. Anybody on here see RHCP on this tour and have any comments? Since all I do at big venue concerts is watch the replay screen, I’m tempted to pay the $25 just to get into the stadium and hear it.
Went to the show last night. I'm not a deep track, RHCP fan, but I love their hits and pretty much everything on Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik. This was not a good concert. The set list was mostly newer songs, and the sound mixing had the vocals muddled all night. It seemed most of the crowd was waiting for hits, and when they came the energy was there, but then that would follow with 2-3 songs from the 2022 albums and the energy was sucked from the stadium. I'm glad I only paid $26 (plus fees) for tickets.
I actually like some of the new stuff. Great to have John Frusciante back. "Eddie" has a killer solo in it. I get it though, not the classic hits. Good price though. Couldn't find anything that cheap for Chicago so didn't go.

Took Mrs. O to see Ed Sheeran tonight. I’m not a fan, but his stage production is pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Saw Dopapod last night, was able to stake a spot right up front. Opener was The Talismen, and they were good enough for me to get a t-shirt.

Just saw Crowded House in DC and they are amazing. To me, this is one of those keystone bands that got me into all kinds of different music when I was 14/15. So happy and so appreciative to have finally seen them live.

ETA: Next up for me is The Cure and they’re a bucket list band as I’ve never seen them live either.

Just saw Crowded House in DC and they are amazing. To me, this is one of those keystone bands that got me into all kinds of different music when I was 14/15. So happy and so appreciative to have finally seen them live.

ETA: Next up for me is The Cure and they’re a bucket list band as I’ve never seen them live either.

It will be a great show. They sound fantastic and Robert’s voice was perfect when I saw them last week. They played a 15 song set, and then a 5 song encore, and then a 9 song second encore. All in all, a three-hour concert.

It will be a great show. They sound fantastic and Robert’s voice was perfect when I saw them last week. They played a 15 song set, and then a 5 song encore, and then a 9 song second encore. All in all, a three-hour concert.
June 29th in Tampa. 2nd to last show of the NA tour. I know they’re playing lots of Head on the Door songs and I hope they do in Tampa. It’s my favorite Cure album.

Les Frog Brigade show was great, Animals was perfect. Also first time I’ve ever seen someone play a Whamola live, that was pretty cool
Sean Lennon was great on guitar and the percussionist they had was really good
Guess they were missing their Sax player

Opener Neal Francis was good, singer plays keyboards. Kinda old school funk sound (sounds like Dr John was a heavy influence)

Saw both The Cure and The Killers last weekend. Absolutely fantastic shows.

Seeing the Cure tonight in SLC---super excited. I've seen them a few times before and they've never disappointed.

Did you catch the opening set from The Twilight Sad? If so, how was it? I'm a big fan of them as well but have only seen them once before.

I missed them unfortunately. But I noted that that was pretty much the perfect name for a Cure opener.

Have fun tonight!

Rival Sons @ The Palladium Times Square , New York City, NY​

Just saw them on June 1st. Good Times.
StarCrawler Opened. Both bands were great.
Anyone else go?

Seeing the Cure tonight in SLC---super excited. I've seen them a few times before and they've never disappointed.

Did you catch the opening set from The Twilight Sad? If so, how was it? I'm a big fan of them as well but have only seen them once before.
Seeing the Cure tonight in St. Paul. Haven't ever seen them live so really excited.

Seeing the Cure tonight in St. Paul. Haven't ever seen them live so really excited.

@The Dreaded Marco and @soothsayer - concert review?

:goodposting:

Just secured middle orchestra for Jackson Browne in Las Vegas in Oct. at the Venetian Theatre. Somewhat smaller venue (1,800) should be good.

Tool tickets for Allentown, PA bought yesterday during the presale. So far the Summer looks quiet, although Clutch in July is a possibility. Gabriel in September and Steve Hackett in October, then Tool in November.

Dave Matthews Band last night at Forest Hills, NY. One of my all time favorite venues. Crowd was amazing. Its been awhile since I've seen them. I got my concert legs touring with them in the early aughts. They always put on a great show but they'll never sound the same to me as they did during their peak without Boyd on the violin. That sound and his style was just a perfect but still unique fit for their music. Still one of the great all time touring bands delivering 2hr+ high energy concerts at 30+ shows year after year. Their music will always flow through my blood.

Went to see Taylor Swift last night at Ford Field.

My daughter got 4 tickets and last minute one of her friends mother took ill and could not attend. They were going to UBER there and back but I said I would drive them and get my buddy's Detroit Athletic Club parking pass right next to Ford Field. My daughter said just go to the concert with us.

Did not really know what to expect. I had heard most of Swifts songs from my daughter growing up but I don`t actually listen to her much. OMG, it was like what a Beatles concert must have been like. The energy in the building was off the charts. I can`t remember being in an environment like that in a long time.

I loved it. The fact that there were so many smoking hot women there was another plus! I would see Swift again in a second.

Like you said, Robert Smith still sounds fantastic and the band was great.

My only complaint was the set list. They played 4 or 5 lesser known, slow droners in a row at the end of the first set and beginning of the first encore—-and I love their longer, shoegazy stuff, but 5 in a row was a lot. That sort of took the air from the sails a bit. But they picked it up for the 2nd encore which was awesome.

Overall an excellent show.

Went to see Taylor Swift last night at Ford Field.

My daughter got 4 tickets and last minute one of her friends mother took ill and could not attend. They were going to UBER there and back but I said I would drive them and get my buddy's Detroit Athletic Club parking pass right next to Ford Field. My daughter said just go to the concert with us.

Did not really know what to expect. I had heard most of Swifts songs from my daughter growing up but I don`t actually listen to her much. OMG, it was like what a Beatles concert must have been like. The energy in the building was off the charts. I can`t remember being in an environment like that in a long time.

I loved it. The fact that there were so many smoking hot women there was another plus! I would see Swift again in a second.
I would see her but not enough to pay crazy secondary prices

I don't know if I'd be able to tolerate an entire arena of teenage girls singing at the top of their lungs. I'm in the parking lot of a noah kahan concert right now and I'm getting the feeling even this could be a little unbearable.

Got tickets to 6 of Pearl Jam's 9 show dates on the upcoming fall tour.

Chicago N1 & N2
Ft Worth N1 & N2
Austin N1 & N2

Should be a fun month!
now that's livin'
If you're hitting Chicago shows, let's grab a beer.

Got a buddy coming in for N2 and the cubs game the day before (bleachers with PJ superfan Bob Krause). Buddy is the GM of Cromwell media in Nashville. Good ticket buddy 😂

Had to make a choice between The Cure and Dead & Co. in Chicago on Saturday night. Didn't have tix to either and both were sold out.

Was really happy the universe steered me to The Cure show that night. Ended up finding a ticket on Ticketmaster hours before the show right next to the stage. Was magical.

Alone, 

Pictures of You, 

A Fragile Thing, 

Like Cockatoos
 (First time live since 2018)!!!, A Night Like This, 

Lovesong, 

And Nothing Is Forever, 

If Only Tonight We Could Sleep

, Burn, 

Charlotte Sometimes

, Push, 

Play for Today, 

A Forest, 

Shake Dog Shake

, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea

, Endsong

Encore:
I Can Never Say Goodbye, 

It Can Never Be the Same, 

Want

, Plainsong

, Disintegration

Encore 2:
Lullaby, 

The Walk, 

Friday I'm in Love

. Close to Me, 

Why Can't I Be You? 
(tour debut)!!!!, In Between Days, 

Just Like Heaven

, Boys Don't Cry

, 10:15 Saturday Night, 

Killing an Arab
 (performed as “Killing Another”)

31 songs!! Felt like I was at a Dead show. Loved every minute of it.

Grabbed Billy Strings for Friday

Seems like my plan of just waiting and grabbing secondary tickets was not ideal though especially for some future shows I’m targeting
Have you ever used cashortrade.org? I have had better luck there than places like Stubhub where you get crushed on the fees.

Grabbed Billy Strings for Friday

Seems like my plan of just waiting and grabbing secondary tickets was not ideal though especially for some future shows I’m targeting
Have you ever used cashortrade.org? I have had better luck there than places like Stubhub where you get crushed on the fees.

Have not I’ll check it out. Usually I just do Ticketmaster resale but they had nothing
Got these on stubhub, not great seats (im usually not too picky though especially with outdoor pavilion type venues) $45/each then another $15 each in fees

Taking my son to see Howie Day tonight. Small venue, great seats, and should be a great show. My son's "first concert" was Howie Day, back when he was 2 weeks from being born as my ex and I had front row for Day opening for Barenaked Ladies. Something clicked in the womb and the boy has liked his music ever since.

Love acts that are playing full albums from front to back live, and Day is doing that with his debut, Australia, this tour. Also fun to see how much effort or lack of effort Day puts into playing Collide. Have seen him skip it entirely before, this tour looks like he get it out of the way early. Last month saw Kevin Griffin at a book signing/concert, who cowrote the song, and he played it more energetically than Day has in years.

The love/hate relationship with your biggest (only?) hit.

I don't know if I'd be able to tolerate an entire arena of teenage girls singing at the top of their lungs. I'm in the parking lot of a noah kahan concert right now and I'm getting the feeling even this could be a little unbearable.

Honestly, my 20 year old son has never asked me to take him to a concert. I would see anything with him just to enjoy that experience.

Bummed that QOTSA didn’t have an Arizona show on their tour announcement. Need to see them for my first time.

Grabbed a ticket to see Neil Young in San Diego on July 11th for the first time. Psyched.

Also get to see The Darkness for the first time later this year locally. Psyched 2: Justin Hawkins Boogaloo.

Might try snag a Foo Fighters ticket from the fan exchange later.

Thought about but missed The Blue Stones recently. City and Colour may be on my list but not sure yet.

Users who are viewing this thread