What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Complete Offseason Summaries by Team?? (1 Viewer)

Scoresman

Footballguy
I do my own projections, and this means looking at everything a team has done in the offseason and it's overall impact on the team for fantasy purposes. Does anyone know of a source that has all of the following available, preferably in one spot, by team?

- Draft analysis
- Free Agency analysis
- Coaching change analysis (down to positional coaches)
- OL changes
- Team defensive outlook
- SOS comparison this year vs last year

Something that has everything a team has done since last season where you can look at it and say "I think the offense players as a whole on Team XX will be better/worse for fantasy purposes this year compared to last year."

Miami lost or released about half of their starting Defense
Christian Wilkins being the biggest loss but they also allowed AVG to walk, cut/released Jerome Baker, XHoward, Brandon Jones did not return
They lost one of the top OL in the NFL when Robert Hunt signed with Carolina for about $20M per season, $100M/5yrs
Also lost Connor Williams who went down vs the Titans with a torn ACL and is still unsigned at this moment.

They did sign Aaron Brewer from the Titans rated 11th overall at Center last season by PFF
Miami resigned much of their IOL like Robert Jones, Lester Cotton and Isaiah Wynn.
Miami reached a little bit in the Draft taking Chop at No 21 and then Paul at OT, behemoth of a man but a project at this point. Miami did much better on Day 3.
Some folks are high on Chop and the fact that Miami is likely to see Phillips or Chubb or both on the PUP to start the season, they needed help at Edge beyond Shaq Barrett

-Miami brought in Weaver at DC from the Baltimore Ravens
-Miami has a much softer schedule this season vs last year. Philly, KC, Baltimore, Dallas, none of those teams are on the schedule
TN, AZ, JAX, LVR, all of those are at home, several of those teams picked Top10-12 last week
CLE, GB, HOU, INDY, LAR and SEA, that's the road schedule and I don't think it's that difficult. Watson, Love, ARich, A.Donald-retired, Geno Smith...sure Stroud/Texans tough game.
Then you have 6 divisional games and Miami is afforded a softer schedule as they overturn the defense.

Miami added more speed and weapons at the RB and WR spots, brought in J.Smith at TE, not gonna catch a lot of balls but will help with run blocking in the red zone
I doubt Mostert and Achance get the same production BUT...Miami has every reason to be optimistic on Offense with all the weapons they have.
The Phins' OL and what unfolds at LG/C/RG will tell the story. Wynn is back at LG but he didn't rate highly last year.

Miami signed Kendall Fuller and when you subtract Howard, Add Fuller, add Poyer at Safety, yes he's old but 1-yr deal, Miami did well on these 2 grabs in free agency
Miami has a bunch of no names on the DL after Sieler
Almost none of the teams Miami faces on the schedule have an Offense like the Phins trot out with.
I mention that because Miami has a chance to be in almost every game they play. Sure they will lose some, win some but the schedule favors them IMHO.
Not many Playoff teams at first glance on this schedule and McD has made a living so far beating up on easier teams. Miami has challenges when they face the better teams/QBs.

Last edited:
I do my own projections, and this means looking at everything a team has done in the offseason and it's overall impact on the team for fantasy purposes. Does anyone know of a source that has all of the following available, preferably in one spot, by team?

- Draft analysis
- Free Agency analysis
- OL changes
- Team defensive outlook

Something that has everything a team has done since last season where you can look at it and say "I think the offense players as a whole on Team XX will be better/worse for fantasy purposes this year compared to last year."
Ahh you have the classic "impatient for magazines" feeling 😁

JB and co usually start ramping up ...(respectfully) I don't want to speak for them so... @Joe Bryant

Last edited:

- Draft analysis
- Free Agency analysis
- OL changes
- Team defensive outlook

Ahh you have the classic "impatient for magazines" feeling 😁

JB and co usually start ramping up ...(respectfully) I don't want to speak for them so... @Joe Bryant

Thanks. We'll be working up some things there as we have in past years. Always fun to look at the "what's new this year?" type things too.

Reactions: Bri
This also could be a fun Shark Pool project. Come up with a pre set template type thing of what we want to cover and then have a poster take a team.

@JoeSteeler for linking hat is a pretty solid write up and honest about the coming and going of roster talent.

Buffalo

Key Additions: WR Curtis Samuel, WR Mack Hollins, LB Nicholas Morrow, DT DeShawn Williams, WR KJ Hamler
Key Losses: WR Stefon Diggs, S Jordan Poyer, C Mitch Morse, WR Gabe Davis, EDGE Leonard Floyd, LB Tyrel Dodson, CB Dane Jackson, DT Tim Settle, DT Poona Ford, S Micah Hyde
Remaining Team Needs: WR, CB, S
Remaining Cap Space: $3.6 million
For better or worse, the 2024 offseason is a sharp pivot for the Buffalo Bills. The early stages of the Josh Allen era can be declared over. The mass exodus at the beginning of free agency was the start of it and the decision to trade Stefon Diggs was the final nail.
The ledger shows a drastic decline in overall talent on the roster. The incoming talent just doesn't make up for the outgoing, but this is where it's important to take each team's situation into consideration.
The significant players who left, except Davis, Dodson and Jackson, are 30 or older. After coming up short of hoisting a Lombardi for the first six seasons of Allen's tenure, it was time to reset the roster.
Trading away Stefon Diggs was the perfect example of that. Diggs is undoubtedly a talented player, but his production faded down the stretch in 2023. The odds of him coming back stronger in 2024 under the same circumstances weren't good so the Bills traded him while his return would still be somewhat strong.
It all equates to a roster that will not be as strong in 2024 but has more hope for 2025 and beyond. They were careful to get off some bigger contracts for aging players, and that will create future flexibility.
That keeps their grade from going too low.
Grade: C-

-I would add that while they addressed WR and DB with Cole Bishop, we really have no idea if they can fill the shoes of their predecessors.
While their Draft did address needs, doesn't mean they truly fixed or plugged any holes, talent a little down from previous years, return to a SB contender not clear at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread