What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Commissioner / technology in question ? (1 Viewer)

MASSHOLE

Footballguy
Has anyone ever experienced a yahoo.com's stat tracker malfunction? I played the commissioner yesterday and loaded stat tracker right for the 1pm games. He had Ben Tate on his bench with Donald Brown starting, later in the day I didn't think stat tracker was updating, so I closed it out and reloaded it. So if I had loaded my stat tracker at 12:58, and he changed his lineup at 12:59, this closing and reopening of it should have reflected his line up change. Ben Tate was still on his bench. Right around 8, I load it yet again (his guys were finished) and now his total score had increased by about 18 points, and now Ben Tate was on his starting roster.

I know this guy, he isn't a cheater, I can't imagine him cheating and ruining the integrity of the league. Him winning doesn't allow him to enter playoffs, but it does take away my bye week. I am positively certain that Ben Tate wasn't in his line up. I checked this numerous times, and was even irked when Donald Brown got his touchdown. He is saying it must have been a 'lag' in the yahoo system. Personally, I've never seen anything like this happen before. Anyone have any experience with this?

Has anyone ever experienced a yahoo.com's stat tracker malfunction? I played the commissioner yesterday and loaded stat tracker right for the 1pm games. He had Ben Tate on his bench with Donald Brown starting, later in the day I didn't think stat tracker was updating, so I closed it out and reloaded it. So if I had loaded my stat tracker at 12:58, and he changed his lineup at 12:59, this closing and reopening of it should have reflected his line up change. Ben Tate was still on his bench. Right around 8, I load it yet again (his guys were finished) and now his total score had increased by about 18 points, and now Ben Tate was on his starting roster.

I know this guy, he isn't a cheater, I can't imagine him cheating and ruining the integrity of the league. Him winning doesn't allow him to enter playoffs, but it does take away my bye week. I am positively certain that Ben Tate wasn't in his line up. I checked this numerous times, and was even irked when Donald Brown got his touchdown. He is saying it must have been a 'lag' in the yahoo system. Personally, I've never seen anything like this happen before. Anyone have any experience with this?
Yes, I have seen this happen. You should close the browser completely and reload it and then the stattracker.

There is no way the commish or anyone else can make a roster change after the game starts. Even with Commish access, it would show as a transaction on your league homepage.

Don't trust the stattracker, check your opponents lineup on the website directly to see if they match.

It does show up as a Commish change...when does yahoo show the time stamp? It said "1 day ago", now "2 days ago", does anyone know when it shows an exact time stamp?

It does show up as a Commish change...when does yahoo show the time stamp? It said "1 day ago", now "2 days ago", does anyone know when it shows an exact time stamp?
I looked on my yahoo page at the transactions and it shows the exact time, even back to the beginning of the season.

Not sure about Commish roster moves, didn't have any this year.

Why did he do it as a commish move and not a regular move within his team? No reason for than unless it was after the deadline. That is suspicious.

Do you have to sign in "as Commish" rather than "as owner?" If so, it's not that suspicious. If he's already in as commish maybe he didn't want to take the time to log out and log back in and risk not getting in his player in time.

If you know the guy isn't a cheater and it didn't get him into the playoffs...what exactly are you worried about?

In yahoo you don't have to sign in as commish. It's one account to manage both your team and complete commisioner administrative tasks.

At the bottom of the league homepage there is a section entitled "Commish Updates". There is a "Notes" section and a "Changes" section. Click the "Changes" tab and it will list all commisioner empowered changes that have occured throught the season including roster changes after the deadline (only way he could have done it as an illegal move). It shows a time stamp of the exact time and date it occurred.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yahoo definitely has time lag issues if you are not refreshing. That is probably what happened. There is no way to start a player after games have started.

There is a way. It's called being a commissioner/assist commissioner. Thank you meatwad1 for your response though.

So now the plot thickens. This was done 'by accident' by the assist commissioner on a iPhone saved webpage. BUT it also happened in week 7 (he won by 34.xx points), and week 9 (he won by 73.xx points).

If the commissioner changes week 13's game into a win for me (against the assistant commish) - he is saying he has to go back and at least change the week 7's win (to a loss for the assistant commish), if not also the week 9 (to a loss for the assistant commish). Has anyone, in any league anywhere, ever experienced any bull#### like this? What are peoples thoughts on going back to the halfway point and changing wins/losses? This will drastically change playoff implications for these 3 teams as each of us depending on which scenario happens will get a 2nd place bye.

I think it changes the way I would have played my waivers. Being one of the top teams, I thought I had a bit more flexibility with my bench and hoping players panned out rather than trying to catch fools gold on the waiver wire. Should I let it stay a loss? Should I get a win and leave it at that? Should all 3 teams get wins? Should I do whats best for my team or whats in the best interest of the league? What do you guys think? :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
You commissioner is an idiot. I don't understand what you are saying referring to an iphone saved webpage ? When you change a player with commissioner oversight after the deadline has passed there are multiple steps that must be taken to complete the process. This isn't something that can occur 'accidentally' - especially three times in a season. It doesn't matter how many pts he won by, he's changing lineups after the deadline which is BS and cheating.

As far as what to do it's partly the league's fault for not noticing this during the weeks it occurred. It's hard to go back and alter records weeks and weeks later so you may just have to let it lie.

You commissioner is an idiot. I don't understand what you are saying referring to an iphone saved webpage ? When you change a player with commissioner oversight after the deadline has passed there are multiple steps that must be taken to complete the process. This isn't something that can occur 'accidentally' - especially three times in a season. It doesn't matter how many pts he won by, he's changing lineups after the deadline which is BS and cheating.
Agree with the above, the commish/asst can change lineups after the game starts, but only through a different process, not the normal one where players are started.benched.

What was the timestamp on these changes?

This sounds like it was deliberate.

You cannot reverse week 7 and week 9 wins now (too much impact on waivers etc), but this current week should be fixed as it is not too late.

The commish that did this should also refund any teams out of his pocket that might have missed out on the playoffs because of this.

He would also not be invited back next year.

Agree with the above, the commish/asst can change lineups after the game starts, but only through a different process, not the normal one where players are started.benched.

What was the timestamp on these changes?

This sounds like it was deliberate.

You cannot reverse week 7 and week 9 wins now (too much impact on waivers etc), but this current week should be fixed as it is not too late.

The commish that did this should also refund any teams out of his pocket that might have missed out on the playoffs because of this.

He would also not be invited back next year.
Yahoo Commish here. Pretty sure I could verify the ability to check this, but it would entice a lynch mob in my league.

There is a timestamp on all commissioner moves on the league web page. Although it wouldn't effect the already completed Waiver moves, the (if it was cheating) weeks 7 & 9 lineups can be fixed to what they were supposed to be. This should retro change the W/L outcomes also.

FWIW, Yahoo has a pretty responsive Help request email system that can better answer all these questions than anyone here can.

Users who are viewing this thread