What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Commish's Waiver Rules (1 Viewer)

ourmanflint

Footballguy
12 team Keeper league with only 14 roster spots starting 8.

Typical AntSports keeper rules

QB

2RB

2WR

TE

K

DST

playoffs are week 15 and 16.

Commish wants to freeze rosters after kickoff of week 12 games? No roster changes from weeks 13-16 for a-n-y-b-o-d-y.

Is this at all typical or fair?

its not typical and pretty dumb. was this in the rules before the season started or did your commish decide he was goin to be a moron on his own

Happens a lot. Mainly it prevents any funny business with teams out of the playoffs.l

Say for example Favre announces he's retiring at the end of the season. Team A has Farve and misses the playoffs. Drops Favre to pickup some rookie worth a flyer to keep for next year. The playoff team that gets him gets a serious advantage because of this. That rule is designed to eliminate headaches like this.

12 team Keeper league with only 14 roster spots starting 8. Typical AntSports keeper rulesQB2RB2WRTEKDSTplayoffs are week 15 and 16.Commish wants to freeze rosters after kickoff of week 12 games? No roster changes from weeks 13-16 for a-n-y-b-o-d-y.Is this at all typical or fair?
I've seen it before, but its just dumb. Players in the NFL get hurt all the time. You can bet your championship game will be played with less than complete teams. Seeing that its a keeper league, I'm assuming that the roster freeze is in place because of keepers. What my keep 2 league has instituted is that the rosters for keepers freeze as of the end of the regular season ( which for us is week 13. ) We take a snapshot of the rosters at that point, and that is the roster from which teams can choose their keepers. I think we also instituted rule that the potential keeper must be on your roster through the end of the playoffs.But to handcuff teams that may have injury or suspension issues at the end of the season and in the playoffs by not allowing them to manage their roster seems counterproductive.Edit to add: We do lock rosters of teams that have been eliminated in the playoffs, and all 12 teams play in the post-season ( 6 playoffs, 6 in a toilet bowl where winner gets the #1 overall pick the following year ) so there can be no waiver wire passing of players to those still playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
We allow pickups up until week 13 games.

Week 14-16 you can only make a pickup if you can't field a team because of injury :thumbdown: so you could be stuck with a "scrub".

Been doing this since 93 :bag:

We have a trade deadline in our league but still allow waivers through week 17. If you only have one kicker on your roster and your kicker goes down with an injury what are you going to do?!?!

Trades in my $$$ Redraft league not allowed after week 12 and waivers locked before playoffs begin. Been that way 7-8 years and everyone is okay with it. The last week before the playoffs folks drop the WR5 or RB5 to add a backup kicker/Defense. As long as everyone knows ahead of time, it's perfectly fair.

We allow pickups up until week 13 games.Week 14-16 you can only make a pickup if you can't field a team because of injury :thumbup: so you could be stuck with a "scrub".Been doing this since 93 :shrug:
We had this until last year when we opened up to any add/drop but only for teams still in the race. Of course we are a redraft so I'd expect this would be more messy in keepers/dynasty leagues and the injury rule would make sense. The work-around for the injury rules was to pick up injured players just before week 13 so you could later drop them...they fixed that one on me after the first year I did it. :D

Commish wants to freeze rosters after kickoff of week 12 games? No roster changes from weeks 13-16 for a-n-y-b-o-d-y.Is this at all typical or fair?
Your Commish might WANT to do this >>> but if it's not in the rules NOW, he's kind of S.O.L.However, if your league approved to Freeze keeper acquisitions at that time, I could see why... (ours coincides with the trade deadline). The rule could simply state that you can pick-up anyone throughout the Playoffs, however, you can't KEEP them after the week 12 cut-off. It's a fair solution all the way around.

its not typical and pretty dumb. was this in the rules before the season started or did your commish decide he was goin to be a moron on his own
really weird league. they seem to vote on the rules as they go along. i'm not really complaining too much because they listen to me alot and seem to change things when i disagree strong enough. but its asking for trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread