What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Commish Question (1 Viewer)

Does the home team get the 3-point "home field advantage"

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

phatdawg

Footballguy
TIA for any feedback. I need help deciding if a rule is valid or not.

At some point in my league, there was a rule that a 3-point "home field advantage" went to the higher-seeded team in a playoff match-up. People definitely remember that it was a rule. It hasn't, however, come up during the 7-year history of our league.

Our rule book, which was written, approved and distributed a few years ago includes nothing about the rule. The rule book is pretty detailed and includes a section on playoff match-ups.

A game from this weekend hinges on the 3-point "home field advantage." The "visiting" team won by less than 3 points, so the "home" team would win and move into the championship with the "home field advantage" rule. The "visiting" team moves on without it.

The owner of the "home" team and several other owners assumed that the rule was in play. Some owners didn't think the league has the rule and should not apply.

What say you?

TIA for any feedback. I need help deciding if a rule is valid or not.At some point in my league, there was a rule that a 3-point "home field advantage" went to the higher-seeded team in a playoff match-up. People definitely remember that it was a rule. It hasn't, however, come up during the 7-year history of our league.Our rule book, which was written, approved and distributed a few years ago includes nothing about the rule. The rule book is pretty detailed and includes a section on playoff match-ups.A game from this weekend hinges on the 3-point "home field advantage." The "visiting" team won by less than 3 points, so the "home" team would win and move into the championship with the "home field advantage" rule. The "visiting" team moves on without it.The owner of the "home" team and several other owners assumed that the rule was in play. Some owners didn't think the league has the rule and should not apply.What say you?
If all the owners had a chance to read / get the rules before the draft, then those are the rules.Otherwise the rules you are currently playing under for this year are the rules.Unless someone can prove that this rule was league approved and applicable to the league at that time and going forward, it doesn't apply.The onus is on the owner who is trying to prove that this rule exists - seems / sounds like it doesn't.

If it is not in the written rule book, then it is not a rule.

Since you have a written rule book which everyone has a copy of, the league members should have read the rules and if they had an issue with anything - brought it up before the season started.

:sadbanana:

If you have WRITTEN RULES.....Let me stop and say GOOD FOR YOU - EVERYONE SHOULD!!!!!!! Solves a lot of problems........

I digress - if you have written rules and the rule in question is NOT in the text, well my firend, that rule does NOT exist.

The pure beauty of things in Black and White

Users who are viewing this thread