What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Comeback player of the year (1 Viewer)

Thomas Davis has an outside shot if he gets to start. He is the first player ever to come back from 3 ACL tears on the same knee.

Chris Johnson is a serious candidate.
Johnson's down year wasn't due to injury. It was due to general suckiness. Past winners of the 'Comeback Player of the Year' award suggest that the NFL prefers to give this award to a player coming back from injury or who has overcome some sort of career obstacle.

If MJD comes back soon, and Justin Blackmon keeps playing like he is, then I think Marcedes Lewis has a good comeback year. I don't know about comeback of the year, but still maybe a comeback

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote Nate Kaeding just kidding, It really is Peyton Manning's to lose, although if Peyton Hillis goes crazy this year my vote is for him.

If he runs for 2300 yards, there's still not a committee anywhere who's going to award him for coming back from being a lazy, complacent, out of shape slack-off.
Wow lazy, complacent, and out of shape? Yet he still had over 1k yards, 57 catches and 400+ receiving yards last year. Sounds like someone's a little butthurt over last year :cry:

If he runs for 2300 yards, there's still not a committee anywhere who's going to award him for coming back from being a lazy, complacent, out of shape slack-off.
Wow lazy, complacent, and out of shape? Yet he still had over 1k yards, 57 catches and 400+ receiving yards last year. Sounds like someone's a little butthurt over last year :cry:
I have had CJ since his rookie season and come on, that was the worst 1k in years. Week to week it was awful

Whether he was hurt by CJ or not he does make a good point. A good story comeback needs to be from something that was out of the players controll (injury, tragedy...). CJ had a down year because he held out and was out of shape. No one is going to be impressed if this year he decides to do the job he is being paid for.

Do what now? I didn't draft him. By and large because there were stories out of camp that he was lazy, complacent, out of shape, and slacking off.And sure enough, he had his worst season since becoming a starter.I've got no feelings here one way or another, but you don't win comeback awards for coming back from a so-so season due to lack of effort.

I think Peyton is the obvious candidate but for dark horses I like: Steve Johnson, Mike Williams TB and Chris Johnson.

Won't quite be Kellen Winslow Jr, but he may have a nice bounce back year in Seattle as well. Thought I'd throw his name in.

Unless Manning's head falls off he has this one all locked up.

Wish Jamal Charles would get a heavier workload so that he could really challenge him for it.

Julio Jones will beat Jerry's record by week 5, retire, take six weeks off, come back and beat his own record - thus securing CPOY

They should give it to both Peyton and ADP. Manning missed a whole year and is playing lights out which is amazing, but Peterson tore his knee up in week 16...of last season.

They should give it to both Peyton and ADP. Manning missed a whole year and is playing lights out which is amazing, but Peterson tore his knee up in week 16...of last season.
I agree... both of these guys deserve it. But Peyton is so much more popular and plays a much more visible position, so he'll win it. If there's any year to split it, this would be the year.

ADP shouldn't even be eligable.
to me "Comeback" player means a guy who missed significant time and then returned to be successful again. ADP didn't miss any games last year really, Manning was thought to maybe never play again. Leshoure Missed a whole season, but is he a comeback player if he never played a down in the NFL?Hands down Manning, not only because of the comeback, but he may be the MVP again.

Users who are viewing this thread