What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Collie (1 Viewer)

toots magroots

Footballguy
With Manning out, for half the season or forever, what are your thoughts on Collie dynasty-wise and for this year? Does the fact that he was injured all preseason make a difference? Do you think he will survive hits for this season and beyond?

There is a lot good discussion in another thread about Harrison and Wayne and how much better they might have appeared to be because of Manning. I think you will find at least a modicum of those same feelings here. Sprinkle a bit of an injury bug tag and you have the makings of a hold (at best) for Collie in dynasty. You simply aren't going to find someone to pay even close to the top 10 numbers Collie was putting up. In my opinion the play here is to hold and hope. Let's say Collie plays and stays healthy and then Manning plays in the second half of the season. You might get lucky and have them recapture the magic, enough to find someone to buy. If Manning doesn't play this season, then it will depend on how costly it is for you to keep him until next year.

However, most people didn't pay a lot to get Collie originally and even if Manning doesn't play again this year and is on the down side of his career, WRs still catch passes in poor offenses. Collie showed good field presence and timing on his routes along with above average hands. ANY QB would welcome that and even though Collins might not take advantage of it as often as Manning did, Collie should still produce decently in this offense as long as he can stay healthy.

Thanks for the response. I do not own Collie, but am interested in possibly picking him up. I did read the other thread and it did have good information, just wanted to pull Collie out of the equation. It seems most people feel that Collie will take the bigger statistical hit - I have not seen many Colts games, but I would think that with Collie catching such a high percentage of passes thrown his way he would be just fine, a sort of safety blanket for Collins.

I am going to test the waters and see what his owners want for him. People are scared of the concussions and now Peyton's future, so he may come at a fair price. The potential is there to be a top 5 fantasy WR if he stays healthy and Peyton comes back, so that is worth looking into IMO.

'Ministry of Pain said:
With the mounting concussions, kind of a gadget for Peyton, just don't see him worth much right now in dynasty.
This is the concern for many (myself included as someone who was once-upon-a-time interested in obtaining Collie). The Manning issue only compunds it - but the concussions are the major concern - especially in dynasty. He is one or two good (or bad, depending on how you want to use the word) hits away from not only being done for the season, but maybe longer (think Hunter Hillenmeyer - LB for the Bears who was forced to retire due to concussions after 7 years in the league).

'Ministry of Pain said:
With the mounting concussions, kind of a gadget for Peyton, just don't see him worth much right now in dynasty.
This is the concern for many (myself included as someone who was once-upon-a-time interested in obtaining Collie). The Manning issue only compounds it - but the concussions are the major concern - especially in dynasty. He is one or two good (or bad, depending on how you want to use the word) hits away from not only being done for the season, but maybe longer (think Hunter Hillenmeyer - LB for the Bears who was forced to retire due to concussions after 7 years in the league).
There were a couple of off-season threads about Collie and it seemed the responses fell into two camps: 1) Those who felt the concussion concerns were outweighed by his upside (even if he only played a few games this season) and 2) Those who thought his situation was too dicey to warrant even a mid-to-late 1st round rookie draft pick (which was the going rate for awhile) and if you already happened to own him, he was a sell if the price was right. I was in this camp and of the four leagues I owned him in sold in two and reluctantly held in the others (for lack of a good trade offer more than anything else).As it turns out, the concern now is with Peyton's neck instead of Collie's head. Yes, if and when Manning returns, Collie's value will again jump up to a borderline #1 WR, but it is hard to be optimistic about that. Meanwhile the concussion issue hasn't gone away and now his owners have to hope he avoids another blow to the head until Manning returns (with the less accurate Collins throwing to him over the middle).

I didn't think he was a good buy option before the Manning situation and I think less so now. I am holding him in my remaining leagues only because I don't think he would fetch much at the moment. I would buy in dynasty only if I was in a rebuilding mode, could afford to commit a roster spot indefinitely and could get him cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread