What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

College QB Shedeur Sanders, Colorado (1 Viewer)

NFL Rookie Watch
Shedeur Sanders in his FIRST game ever as a Colorado Buffalo:
• 38/47 (80%)
• 510 passing yards (school record)
• 4 passing TD’s• 0 INT’s
• 140.25 passer rating
• Upset win over No.17 TCU
Sanders is currently on pace for over 6,000 YARDS passing (a college football record).Today, Sanders established himself as one of the BEST QB’s in the COUNTRY

NFL Rookie Watch
Shedeur Sanders officially broke NINE school records in his Colorado debut.Sanders said that after the game, he received a text saying “don’t be satisfied” from Tom Brady (HOF QB).Many NFL scouts reportedly believe if Sanders continues to play the way he did last week, there’s a “slim chance” he makes it out of the Top-10 picks in the NFL Draft.Many NFL scouts also reportedly believe Sanders’ performance “entered” him into first round consideration immediately.The Buffaloes QB is making HISTORY

This game should guarantee we get to see another year of Shedeur at Colorado. Oregon has elite talent everywhere compared to CU, but Sanders looks lost right now. Gotta understand you're not going to have a clean pocket, but he's just standing there.

This game should guarantee we get to see another year of Shedeur at Colorado. Oregon has elite talent everywhere compared to CU, but Sanders looks lost right now. Gotta understand you're not going to have a clean pocket, but he's just standing there.
Agreed, I know he doesn’t have time to throw but he’s struggling moving around in the pocket.

Agreed, I know he doesn’t have time to throw but he’s struggling moving around in the pocket.
Someone is on him in the blink of an eye on every play, but his pocket awareness so far has been terrible. Instead of moving around to buy time or simply throwing it away, he just keeps driving backwards giving 1-2 more guys an easy run at him. Pretty disappointed in what I've seen so far in this one, and I'm a fan. Maybe write it off as one game, but it doesn't get any easier next week. This team clearly misses Hunter on both sides of the ball but I don't think it would have made much of a difference if he was there. Outside of Shiloh, the CU secondary looks pretty bad. #5 for Oregon looks like a prototypical Seattle DB. Showing out so far in this one.

It's the first time he's been in college, that he faced a much better team.

Everyone gets their butt kicked. We don't even know how he responds. There's no rush

It's the first time he's been in college, that he faced a much better team.

Everyone gets their butt kicked. We don't even know how he responds. There's no rush
I'm not writing him off by any means, he has shown some elite traits but he's got a lot to learn. They're overmatched in this game and it should be a good lesson for Sanders, but it certainly highlights his inexperience in tough spots and areas of weakness. As good as he's been pre-snap weeks 1-3, he's 10x worse this game. If you have to check down or throw away every pass instead of taking these sacks, it's better just punting and not going backwards. The blowout isn't and shouldn't be put on his shoulders, Oregon has receivers running WIDE open and RBs just gashing them ever play, but Sanders' poor pocket presence in this game shouldn't be ignored (and I'm sure it won't be, especially by Deion).

Let's do some funalytics. I hope that Shedeur has an awesome year and is a top NFL pick to a team his dad does not want him to play for. A meddling father with a big time football background determining where his son plays in the NFL by any means necessary?

That's happened with John and Jack Elway. Peyton and Archie when Peyton returned to Tenn instead of being the #1 pick in 1996. And then Archie Manning strikes again with Eli.

As a holder of a lot of 1st round draft capital in a 2025 SF rookie draft, I can only project Sanders to have a hall of fame career like the Mannings and Elway. The floor is Eli. Buy stock now. I plan to make this exact post in the future Arch Manning thread a year from now.

Where do we think he'd not be willing to go? The majority of teams with the worst Vegas odds all just drafted QBs. The Cardinals, Giants, Titans, and Raiders are all at -6.5 for wins. There are weapons on all those teams, and a #1 pick situation would have all of them in the QB market I think.

If he's truly #1 pick material I'd bet Deion can figure out a way to get the team he wants him to go to involved in a deal. Dak is a free agent after the season isn't he? I'm going to put my marker on the Cowboys.

Where do we think he'd not be willing to go? The majority of teams with the worst Vegas odds all just drafted QBs. The Cardinals, Giants, Titans, and Raiders are all at -6.5 for wins. There are weapons on all those teams, and a #1 pick situation would have all of them in the QB market I think.

If he's truly #1 pick material I'd bet Deion can figure out a way to get the team he wants him to go to involved in a deal. Dak is a free agent after the season isn't he? I'm going to put my marker on the Cowboys.
Only way for the Cowboys is if they somehow get a top 5 pick and I just don't see that happening. If Sanders plays like he should no way he gets out of the top 10 at the worst. Could be a top 3-5 pick.

It will have to be a bad team.

Giants or Raiders could definitely be up there. Giants will have Nabers (big city team) so maybe that will be OK for him. Definitely would have the spotlight on him. The Raider might not be bad either. Vegas could have lots of hype and they are always in the news (bad or good). Cardinals will be too good with Kyler I think, win them just enough games to not be in the running.

Titans would be a yikes if they draft him IMO. Not a good fit.

Only way for the Cowboys is if they somehow get a top 5 pick and I just don't see that happening. If Sanders plays like he should no way he gets out of the top 10 at the worst. Could be a top 3-5 pick.

It will have to be a bad team.
Deion is on record saying he’s not going to let him go to a bad team or a bad market. I truly think Team Sanders is going to use this opportunity to try to blow up the draft process.

Assuming Shadeur plays himself into that conversation.

sooo mom n pop papers are dead n all but you can't ignore them.
Here's a nugget from one-
Shadeur met with Mahomes and Earl Campbell and their guest was Derrick Henry. They all had dinner and went for a walk.
All but Henry is from Tyler, Texas. What's that mean? It's a town (city!) that's put a lot of players in the NFL and each successive guy feels obligated to help the next as they enter the league.

Tiny miniscule news but now I want to see if the Mahomes Shadeur relationship develops publicly

Users who are viewing this thread