What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (2 Viewers)

Michael Skolnik‏ @MichaelSkolnik 3h3 hours ago

When a NFL owner says, “We can’t have inmates running the prison,” that’s

exactly why players should take a knee.

Shame on you, Bob McNair.
What’s the knee accomplishing in this scenario exactly?  Pretty sure the knee is what caused it. So the knee is doing harm?

Social justice is very tiring. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s the knee accomplishing in this scenario exactly?  Pretty sure the knee is what caused it. So the knee is doing harm?

Social justice is very tiring. 
Why are you posting on this topic right now while Mueller is throwing down indictments? 

Predominately black players versus predominately white players. People whose race has a history of enslavement can be a bit overly sensitive to be referred to as a prisoner, which has overtones of being regarded as chattel.
And yet you are the guy who said apples to watermelons.........

I figured you could understand McNair’s gaff 

@Joe Bryant - It amazes me how you allow this Hell Toupee / Rambling Wreck / Squition slap fight continue on and on and on and on. They've argued over this nickname crap, ad nauseum, for over a month now and all that is is an extension of the petty bull#### bickering they've been doing for almost a year now.

Now I know that you've personally reached out to me in the past when my issues with other posters became, what you perceived to be, a problem on this site.

This is a problem. fix it.
Thanks for the post. I've been busy with football content this week. 

But agreed. Stop the slap fighting. Drop the dumb nicknames.

This is why players shouldn't blow their money like so many of them do.  They could live frugally, save their money so when they need to exercise the only power they have they can make it felt by the owners and league.  Instead, I bet many of them "need" their paychecks, so they'll play.
You could say this about everyone. 

ya the guy who gave up a multi-million dollar career to stand up against the mistreatment of people is selfish.  my god you people are just unbelievable.
He didn’t give up his career intentionally, see the lawsuit because he can’t handle that he’s not worth any team acquiring. 

Thanks for the post. I've been busy with football content this week. 

But agreed. Stop the slap fighting. Drop the dumb nicknames.
You should just nuke the thread. It doesn't matter what happens, people aren't budging on their opinions here and so it just becomes a cesspool.

You should just nuke the thread. It doesn't matter what happens, people aren't budging on their opinions here and so it just becomes a cesspool.
That was my initial thought. But thought I'd try this first. I know nobody will change opinions but if they can't stop the slap fighting and tool stuff, they won't be posting here. 

That was my initial thought. But thought I'd try this first. I know nobody will change opinions but if they can't stop the slap fighting and tool stuff, they won't be posting here. 
I think I and @KCitons had a decent conversation about it. It's a case where people have to meet in the middle and show some empathy/understanding. He finds the kneeling disrespectful  (has a son in the armed forces so it hits close). It is ok to feel that way. Players kneeling aren't doing so to protest the troops but to draw attention to social issues. It is ok to do that. Both of these sides can exist and be justified in their thoughts and actions. Why can't we just say, "we feel differently about this and I respect that difference". There is no reason to mock either side of the issue. 

And please dial way back the :lol:  or :lmao:  posts. I'd prefer to keep those graphics available if we can.

This goes back to the trolling thing. I believe most people are pretty smart. They know exactly what they're doing and the response they intend to get just posting a :lmao:  in reply. Please don't. 

ya the guy who gave up a multi-million dollar career to stand up against the mistreatment of people is selfish.  my god you people are just unbelievable.
He’s awful and saw his career was on life support so he came up with this gimmick to get himself attention. And look at the mess he created. Extremely selfish. 

Users who are viewing this thread