What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (1 Viewer)

With Brady on bye I'm going with him. Tannehill or Bortles were really the only other viable option on waivers for me. 

So does anyone have the nuts to roll this guy out there this weekend?

Looking at the projections from Bloom/Dodds/Tremblay C. Kaepernick is without a doubt the highest projected streamer of the week.

I've got Stafford (@MN) and R. Wilson (vs BUF) and I'm considering for both.

Am I mad?
Starting him in two leagues. Figure coming out of a bye against NO is as good a time as any. 

Id without a doubt start Tannehill over Kaepernick this week. Not even a question
I see Tannehill and Kaepernick similarly in terms of risk. Both could be absolute duds.

Would be interested in knowing why you think Tannehill is a no doubt. Especially since they seem hell bent on running Ajayi now.

I see Tannehill and Kaepernick similarly in terms of risk. Both could be absolute duds.

Would be interested in knowing why you think Tannehill is a no doubt. Especially since they seem hell bent on running Ajayi now.
They both play horrible defenses, they both run the ball so thats where they are similar this week. Here is where they differ... Kapernick can be benched at any time. Kapernick throws to Torrey Smith, Jeremy Kerley and may be handing off the DuJuan Harris, Saints actually are terrible vs the run too. Tannehill has no risk of being benched, throws to Jarvis Landry, Parker, Stills, Jets are one of the worst pass defenses and best run defenses.

Isn't Kaepernick a lock for 6-8 points after his rushing yards. The Saints pass D is equal to the Jets in ineptness right?

They both play horrible defenses, they both run the ball so thats where they are similar this week. Here is where they differ... Kapernick can be benched at any time. Kapernick throws to Torrey Smith, Jeremy Kerley and may be handing off the DuJuan Harris, Saints actually are terrible vs the run too. Tannehill has no risk of being benched, throws to Jarvis Landry, Parker, Stills, Jets are one of the worst pass defenses and best run defenses.
This is my biggest worry but outside of that I think Kaep is the better start.

The SF/NO game has a 52.5 O/U with NO -4.5. Kaep is going to have to throw where has the MIA/NYJ game has a O/U of 44 with MIA -3. From a gameflow standpoint you have to like Kaep.

Kaep also put up more points in the game before their bye than Tannehill has over the past month. His floor is substantially lower than Kaeps. Also, I'm seeing 20mph winds in MIA this week.

I had the choice and went Kaep.

The SF/NO game has a 52.5 O/U with NO -4.5. Kaep is going to have to throw where has the MIA/NYJ game has a O/U of 44 with MIA -3. From a gameflow standpoint you have to like Kaep.

Kaep also put up more points in the game before their bye than Tannehill has over the past month. His floor is substantially lower than Kaeps. Also, I'm seeing 20mph winds in MIA this week.

I don't see him getting benched.  I can see him losing the starting job, but not in the middle of the game.

Hyde looks questionable now.

That may force Kaep into catchup/throw/run mode even more if they can't slow down the game.

So does anyone have the nuts to roll this guy out there this weekend?

Looking at the projections from Bloom/Dodds/Tremblay C. Kaepernick is without a doubt the highest projected streamer of the week.

I've got Stafford (@MN) and R. Wilson (vs BUF) and I'm considering for both.

Am I mad?
I'm starting him over Stafford.  I never thought I'd be starting Kaepernick this year.. but here we are.

I think alike to SSND.

All three of Dodds/Bloom/Tremblay are projecting Kaepernick above all other streamers. In my scoring system (4 pts per TD), they are ranked 7,8, and 6th overall respectively.

This is even ahead of the likes of M. Mariota. Surprising.

That seems overly generous. If that's the case, this is a no brainer start.

Isn't NO getting a couple defenders back in the secondary? Also, I could swear NO has been a bit stingier against the pass and run lately.

Another Brady owner here, I had Kaep in there initially but have since switched to Foles. Breaux and Rankins are likely back, NO D not as historically awful as previous years, just a gut feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Kaep won the Week 9 streamer of the week award. The TDs were bs broken coverage plays but that's always possible with the Saints.

hmmm. I'm currently starting Wentz but Kaep is available on the wire.
Tough decision. I still may change my mind.  Kap has higher floor.  if a couple of the guys I am going against today have big games I may go wentz.  I just doubt eagles can take advantage of bad gb def.  this is coming from an eagles fan

Kaep back producing top-12 fantasy QB numbers and has been averaging more rush yards per game than Gurley.

He's got the Bears defense this week.

Could be another solid game for him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Kaepernick’s latest good start. Kaepernick completed 29-of-46 passes for 296 yards and three touchdowns against the Dolphins, coming up two yards short of sending the game into overtime. The three-score day was his first of 2016. Making a strong fantasy day an elite one was his rushing. Kap took the rock 10 times for 113 yards on the ground, continually burning Miami with the read option. The rushing yards were the fourth most of his career. Merely “fantasy good” the first few games after he replaced Blaine Gabbert, Kap has trended toward “actually good” the past month. He’s been a top-12 quarterback in four straight games, and has a soft Week 13 matchup in the Bears’ injury and suspension decimated defense. It goes without saying that you can keep living the stream with Kap. More surprisingly, you might consider him an every-week starter.     

Adam Levitan ‏@adamlevitan  Nov 28

Colin Kaepernick averaging 62.1 rushing yards per game this season. Todd Gurley at 58.2.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva  Nov 28
Colin Kaepernick has been a top-12 fantasy QB in 4 straight weeks. Looks poised to be this week's QB1. Avging 62.2 rushing yards per start.

Any Brady/Kaep owners worried about a repeat of the SEA game where Blount got all the TD's? I might be making a BOLD move this week to get into the playoffs....

For us dynasty folks, is Kaep showing enough that he could re emerge as a dual threat, pass+run QB for years to come?  Or is SF still going to be looking for another answer at QB?

For us dynasty folks, is Kaep showing enough that he could re emerge as a dual threat, pass+run QB for years to come?  Or is SF still going to be looking for another answer at QB?
I was going to ask the same question. It's difficult to rank him dynasty wise. 

Otis said:
Make sure you have a real plan because if this guy is it, you are in big trouble. Ride him as long as he continues to realize that he is a horrible passer but great runner. 

johnnyboy8102 said:
I was going to ask the same question. It's difficult to rank him dynasty wise. 
It seems like most teams don't want to deal with the politics. He alienated a lot of coaches and owners with the kneeling; then offended still more when he said he didn't vote.

Not saying I agree or disagree with his politics, but I don't think it helped his career in the NFL. 

Looks like he is going to void the rest of his contract at end of year. The 49ers are FREE!!! Now they have to find a QB.

K-Stink banking on another team handing him millions to be a terrible QB. Odds are pretty good.

Any downgrade for him now that it looks like it will be snowing moderately in game? he's good in the cold as per the historic Green Bay game, he should still run a ton.

Any downgrade for him now that it looks like it will be snowing moderately in game? he's good in the cold as per the historic Green Bay game, he should still run a ton.
This.. doesn't look like wind is an issue.  What are we expecting the snow to do to stats in this game?

Kaep is fantasy gold at the end of the season.  Starting him over Luck

The guy is a good qb now that he is back to his old self.  He isn't a traditional pocket passer but let him move and much like a wilson everything breaks down around him.  He'll lead a team like denver to the playoffs next year.

Looking like this will end a lousy season with a lousy performance. Still some clock but I though he would be good for a TD or two and running numbers. This is bad. 

Don't you kind of deserve what you get if you start a bad QB in bad weather?
Perhaps but this is a bad Bears team and Kap showed a lot of play vs some much better teams on the road. The bad weather is not slowing down the Bears and thief third string QB. SF mailed it in. 

ConnSKINS26 said:
Don't you kind of deserve what you get if you start a bad QB in bad weather?
I based starting Kaeperniick on the "Questions for Bloom" or whatever thread it is called.  I should have trusted my gut feelings.  Oh well, well deserved ending to a miserable year for me. 

I based starting Kaeperniick on the "Questions for Bloom" or whatever thread it is called.  I should have trusted my gut feelings.  Oh well, well deserved ending to a miserable year for me. 
This is the story of the NFL, take your chances on what looks like something that is a sure thing but what ends up happening is fools gold. The play here was the Bears defense at home this year has been very good. The sucker bet was thinking that the injuries to the Bears were going to open up the 49er offense. Not in the NFL. On any given Sunday. This is why Vegas hardly loses. 

This is the story of the NFL, take your chances on what looks like something that is a sure thing but what ends up happening is fools gold. The play here was the Bears defense at home this year has been very good. The sucker bet was thinking that the injuries to the Bears were going to open up the 49er offense. Not in the NFL. On any given Sunday. This is why Vegas hardly loses. 
Well stated, Power Monster. 

Users who are viewing this thread