What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COD Modern Warfare BATTLE ROYALE (1 Viewer)

Been having some fun with this one on PC.  I play the Plunder game mode, I can't stand battle royale.  Free to play too.  I think I'm on battle.net as LordRenHo3k

Anyone still playing this?  I had played it a bit early then left it for multiplayer...now I'm back giving it another go and liking it better for some reason now.  

A group of work friends play Plunder once a week. I enjoy it. Great game. Hate the constant, large updates however.

I just started playing it regularly as season 5 came out.....apparently there were some nasty bugs rendering guns useless in many cases.  I haven't hit that yet, but I think the latest patch (pretty large) addressed that.  I haven't played with people, but I can see that being fun if you can communicate.  I tried it once with guys who I couldn't talk to and it left me frustrated so I just went back to solos.  

I just started playing it regularly as season 5 came out.....apparently there were some nasty bugs rendering guns useless in many cases.  I haven't hit that yet, but I think the latest patch (pretty large) addressed that.  I haven't played with people, but I can see that being fun if you can communicate.  I tried it once with guys who I couldn't talk to and it left me frustrated so I just went back to solos.  
Yeah, it seems like they fixed the exploding weapon graphics bug. I haven't seen it in a few days.

IMO, the game is only really worth playing if you have a squad (or at least a duos partner) of guys that you can talk to.

Solos can be a decent distraction but there's just some serious flaws. Camping is still very prevalent and you can play great for 15-20 minutes (getting 7 or 8 kills) only to get screwed by a late circle shift or just bad luck. And with the time to kill being so fast, its just too easy to just get bursted down late, wasting all the work you've done in less than a second.

When I've tried to jump in with random squads, I'd say i only get decent communication (or really any communication at all)  MAYBE 10% of the time.

Playing with friends is definitely the most fun. Even if its not the most skilled/cohesive group (which is the case with the guys i play with) its still good for some LOLZ and the occasional win.

Had a short session last night and the game seemed a little fishy. We're not good enough to be in the super high skill lobbies where most of the hackers end up (since they win) but we just had some really questionable deaths last night. First time I've played in a while where I questioned whether I was matched up against cheaters.  Just seemed like the snipers were especially precise last night...and from some REALLY long distances.

Had a short session last night and the game seemed a little fishy. We're not good enough to be in the super high skill lobbies where most of the hackers end up (since they win) but we just had some really questionable deaths last night. First time I've played in a while where I questioned whether I was matched up against cheaters.  Just seemed like the snipers were especially precise last night...and from some REALLY long distances.
Wait...it's that precise?  They assess skill level and put you with relatively similar skill players?  I like the medium/long range play.  I don't stay in one place, but I do like being on the outskirts of the map (in the woods/fields) way more than being in the city parts.  I'll do the different challenges and hunt down bounties from time to time, but I like looking for people the most.  I'm useless in the city sections.  No matter where I go it seems to be the wrong place and I die quickly.  I'm trying to work on that, but it's hard to do on your own and my good weapons aren't the ones for close range...working on getting those up too.  In close quarters like that, playing by yourself, one mistake and you're done.

Wait...it's that precise?  They assess skill level and put you with relatively similar skill players?  I like the medium/long range play.  I don't stay in one place, but I do like being on the outskirts of the map (in the woods/fields) way more than being in the city parts.  I'll do the different challenges and hunt down bounties from time to time, but I like looking for people the most.  I'm useless in the city sections.  No matter where I go it seems to be the wrong place and I die quickly.  I'm trying to work on that, but it's hard to do on your own and my good weapons aren't the ones for close range...working on getting those up too.  In close quarters like that, playing by yourself, one mistake and you're done.
There's skill based match making based on results.  (Maybe # of kills too. Not sure).  So if you're someone who loses your first fire fight, loses your gulag and finishes 115th every time, your lobby will include more players like that. The teams of guys that are all awesome and win 2 or 3 games in a row eventually end up in lobbies with mostly really good players (and hackers who do well).

There's not enough player volume for the lobbies to be ALL players of the same skill, but its pretty strict. Lots of youtubers complain because it makes it harder for them to just play casually and make fun content. If you're a REALLY good player, you can't really experiment with non-meta weapons because everyone you're matched up against is a super sweaty try hard.  In squad games, every team is basically 4 dudes with the same Grau setup (or right now, probably the Bruen, which has emerged as the new go-to gun) that can mow you down in half a second from 100 meters away.

I'm probably a slightly above average player (K/D ratio of 1.22, spm of like 194 and about a 3% win ratio on warzone despite not being a camper and playing quite a lot of solos) so it doesn't affect me too much (some players are worse than me....some are better than me). But i definitely feel like the REALLY bad players are iso'd in their own servers. I get some EASY kills but very few "man, that guy was HORRIBLE" kills.

Link explaining how it works

edit: so according to the data from the link, I'd be an above average player in the "highest skilled" lobbies. Doesn't quite seem right but maybe I just overestimate the amount of players with K/D's over 1.5. I am playing on PC (and other studies have shown the Mouse and KB players end up in lobbies with more M&KB players) so maybe that affects it some. Console players get aim assist and I think that makes playing with a controller superior (if you're at least decent with it, which I'm not) at certain ranges and in certain situations.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's skill based match making based on results.  (Maybe # of kills too. Not sure).  So if you're someone who loses your first fire fight, loses your gulag and finishes 115th every time, your lobby will include more players like that. The teams of guys that are all awesome and win 2 or 3 games in a row eventually end up in lobbies with mostly really good players (and hackers who do well).

There's not enough player volume for the lobbies to be ALL players of the same skill, but its pretty strict. Lots of youtubers complain because it makes it harder for them to just play casually and make fun content. If you're a REALLY good player, you can't really experiment with non-meta weapons because everyone you're matched up against is a super sweaty try hard.  In squad games, every team is basically 4 dudes with the same Grau setup (or right now, probably the Bruen, which has emerged as the new go-to gun) that can mow you down in half a second from 100 meters away.

I'm probably a slightly above average player (K/D ratio of 1.22, spm of like 194 and about a 3% win ratio on warzone despite not being a camper and playing quite a lot of solos) so it doesn't affect me too much (some players are worse than me....some are better than me). But i definitely feel like the REALLY bad players are iso'd in their own servers. I get some EASY kills but very few "man, that guy was HORRIBLE" kills.

Link explaining how it works

edit: so according to the data from the link, I'd be an above average player in the "highest skilled" lobbies. Doesn't quite seem right but maybe I just overestimate the amount of players with K/D's over 1.5. I am playing on PC (and other studies have shown the Mouse and KB players end up in lobbies with more M&KB players) so maybe that affects it some. Console players get aim assist and I think that makes playing with a controller superior (if you're at least decent with it, which I'm not) at certain ranges and in certain situations.
Fascinating..I had no idea....hahaha.  That said, you're better than me.  Is there a K/D ratio strictly for warezone or are you referring to your overall K/D?  Mine's just under .9 after I started with like .25 a few months ago, but that's the one I see when looking at it in multiplayer.  Right now, I get a kill or two per round on average.  I think the most kills I've gotten is 7-8 and I have many instances where I land and die quickly :lmao:   I think I've won the whole thing maybe 5 times ever?

I've noticed that Bruen gun being all over the maps as one to pick up.  I've used it some and it seems like a good gun.  I just don't have the patience to do the things required to unlock it on multiplayer so I can have it in a load out.  I usually play with a long range M4A1 and a sniper...I'm switching from an AX to the HDR though...It seems much easier to use than the AX.  If I'm going to be running around more often I'll use a RAM and long range M4A1...sometimes I switch out the RAM for an MP5.  I have an M13 that I've leveled up pretty good, but haven't tried using it.  

Fascinating..I had no idea....hahaha.  That said, you're better than me.  Is there a K/D ratio strictly for warezone or are you referring to your overall K/D?  Mine's just under .9 after I started with like .25 a few months ago, but that's the one I see when looking at it in multiplayer.  Right now, I get a kill or two per round on average.  I think the most kills I've gotten is 7-8 and I have many instances where I land and die quickly :lmao:   I think I've won the whole thing maybe 5 times ever?

I've noticed that Bruen gun being all over the maps as one to pick up.  I've used it some and it seems like a good gun.  I just don't have the patience to do the things required to unlock it on multiplayer so I can have it in a load out.  I usually play with a long range M4A1 and a sniper...I'm switching from an AX to the HDR though...It seems much easier to use than the AX.  If I'm going to be running around more often I'll use a RAM and long range M4A1...sometimes I switch out the RAM for an MP5.  I have an M13 that I've leveled up pretty good, but haven't tried using it.  

Not sure what platform you're on, but yeah, on PC, you can see your K/d separately for "multiplayer" and warzone.  In the menu (again, maybe console looks different. I dont know) you to go Barracks and then Records. Then there will be separate links for "kills" for multiplayer and warzone. You can see your K/d (and your friends' K/D's) for each separate mode.

There's also various tracking websites.

Yeah, there's a Bruen in the ground loot pool at the moment but it doesn't have all the attachments that really make it beastly. With the right loadout, the thing becomes a monster at mid-range. Just melts people.

The HDR has less bullet drop than the AX, so its certainly easier to use against moving targets. Its basically hit-scan unless you're at an absurdly long range.

Not sure what platform you're on, but yeah, on PC, you can see your K/d separately for "multiplayer" and warzone.  In the menu (again, maybe console looks different. I dont know) you to go Barracks and then Records. Then there will be separate links for "kills" for multiplayer and warzone. You can see your K/d (and your friends' K/D's) for each separate mode.

Yeah, there's a Bruen in the ground loot pool at the moment but it doesn't have all the attachments that really make it beastly. With the right loadout, the thing becomes a monster at mid-range. Just melts people.

The HDR has less bullet drop than the AX, so its certainly easier to use against moving targets. Its basically hit-scan unless you're at an absurdly long range.
xbox....I'll have to look closer.  Thanks for the info...learn something new every day :thumbup:  

xbox....I'll have to look closer.  Thanks for the info...learn something new every day :thumbup:  
.4 after looking at it...up to .5 now :bag:  

I'm sure you'd LOVE playing with that sort of skill :lol:  

Got a 13 kill solo win on Friday. Pretty much felt like a video game god at the end of it.

Pretty sure it was a weak lobby though. I got away with some sloppy play at the end (including one gun fight that I totally potatoed) that I really shouldn't have. I also grabbed the wrong loadout with like 15 people left (leaving myself with an unsilenced gun and the wrong perks :wall: ) And I almost blew it at the VERY end because I didn't notice that the 3rd place guy (who I didn't realize was down) self-rezzing 10 meters away from me......

Solos really is really campy at times and sometimes not that fun as a result.  But getting a win is still a pretty big rush when it doesn't happen that often.

Damn....best I've done is 8-9.  The two times I have won, it's been with 3 and 2 kills respectively.  The first one was one of the first times I had ever done it (beginner's luck for sure) and I didn't know what I was doing, so I just ran towards the gunfire and hid in a bush...got severa hits on many different people as they were fighting, but only ended up with two kills.  The second one, I was away from the game when the plane started out, so I ended up ALL THE WAY on the other side of the map, so the run was really long.  I only saw 3-4 people total.  I'm still well under a 1:1 K/D...it's going to be a while before I get that up I think.  If I can make it to first loadout drop, I can usually muster 2-3 kills.  If I can't that means I'm stuck somewhere with guns I am not all that familiar with and I usually overestimate my ability to shoot long range with them, expose myself and get shot.  I am definitely one who likes the "medium to long" game.

Users who are viewing this thread