What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COD: Advanced Warfare (1 Viewer)

It would be nice to re-live the good ole days but I'm not optimistic we'll have the time to wreck shop together that often any more. Wives and kids and all that...I dunno how some people do it. My wife gets crazy mad if she comes home from work and I don't log off the machine immediately. I'd like to chalk it up to hormones but I fear I've signed up for this for life.
Doesn't she work like a bazillion hours a week anyway??
Tis true Pete, but her hours are slightly lower ever since she left the firm for a bank. She now doesn't usually get home before 7:30pm, giving me a sold hour or two to geek out every day.

It would be nice to re-live the good ole days but I'm not optimistic we'll have the time to wreck shop together that often any more. Wives and kids and all that...I dunno how some people do it. My wife gets crazy mad if she comes home from work and I don't log off the machine immediately. I'd like to chalk it up to hormones but I fear I've signed up for this for life.
Tis true Pete, but her hours are slightly lower ever since she left the firm for a bank. She now doesn't usually get home before 7:30pm, giving me a sold hour or two to geek out every day.
What time CST are you free?

Would be about 4:30-6:30 ish on weekdays.

hxperson said:
R Dizzle said:
hxperson said:
I'm gonna be about 7:30 - 9:30

hxperson said:
R Dizzle said:
hxperson said:
Same here

hxperson said:
R Dizzle said:
hxperson said:
Same here
So Clawyer- haven't fully understood what your intentions are - are you getting this on Xbox 360 first then moving to Xb1 around Xmas time, getting it on Xb1 when it comes out, or just waiting until Xmas to do anything at all?

hxperson said:
R Dizzle said:
hxperson said:
Same here
So Clawyer- haven't fully understood what your intentions are - are you getting this on Xbox 360 first then moving to Xb1 around Xmas time, getting it on Xb1 when it comes out, or just waiting until Xmas to do anything at all?
Closing tentatively scheduled for 11/4. Buying a new console before thanksgiving. Leaning toward xbox one despite PS4 allegedly being the better machine. Not sure that outweighs a better network and majority of my friends list being on xbox.

hxperson said:
R Dizzle said:
hxperson said:
Same here
Closing tentatively scheduled for 11/4. Buying a new console before thanksgiving. Leaning toward xbox one despite PS4 allegedly being the better machine. Not sure that outweighs a better network and majority of my friends list being on xbox.
And Starting 11/2 Xbox One will be $349.

On PS4 now. I hated Ghosts and used it as a coaster. I went all in on the Pro so hopefully I get more than a few days out of this one. I am amazed out how dumb these game makers are though.

We took 3 years 2 make a game. Kept it quiet 4 the fans & it has to be stolen & leaked a week b4. That sucks. A real bummer. Thanks a lot.
I never understood why they allow people to play the game early. All they have to do is force a date check before the game will even load (at least multiplayer mode) and they would never get stuff like this leaked. It always seemed like I would get my game on day one and there'd be guys who seemed like they had already prestiged.

hxperson said:
R Dizzle said:
hxperson said:
Same here
:thumbup:

OK just making sure I get this on the right console to start given the digital upgrade options.

On PS4 now. I hated Ghosts and used it as a coaster. I went all in on the Pro so hopefully I get more than a few days out of this one. I am amazed out how dumb these game makers are though.

We took 3 years 2 make a game. Kept it quiet 4 the fans & it has to be stolen & leaked a week b4. That sucks. A real bummer. Thanks a lot.
I never understood why they allow people to play the game early. All they have to do is force a date check before the game will even load (at least multiplayer mode) and they would never get stuff like this leaked. It always seemed like I would get my game on day one and there'd be guys who seemed like they had already prestiged.
People care way too much about their stats IMO. Might be the biggest problem with the community but probably is not fixable (without losing a ton of customers).

Just got a PS4, despite convincing myself I was done with COD, I definitely want to see what this looks like on the newest gen consoles.

Just got a PS4, despite convincing myself I was done with COD, I definitely want to see what this looks like on the newest gen consoles.
Please report back. I am 82% sure that I am going Xbox, but need to hear feedback from the PS4 guys.
Probably won't get it at launch day, and I'm not a headset, 80" screen uber serious player, so take my review for what its worth (not much).
I'm more or less looking for a PS4 review in general, not how AW plays on it.

Ryodan, in a few years she wont huff and puff so much. I've been married for 14 years and we've been together for almost 16. My wife knows that I need a little time to myself. Occassionally she grumbles and I will relent and shut it down. But most of the time she understands that its a way for me to relax.

As for Advanced Warfare. I already have a preorder, got it for my sons birthday. So I am sure I'll give it a whirl. But it will be on 360. No XB1 in my immediate future.

Tmart talked about this a little, but I like the strategy of throwing the ball at your opponent and then killing them.

Good example just shown on how to attack a head glitch. Move in from below, boost up and take him out. I like the addition of boost abilities and it looks like most players won't be using them much even though they are very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see those that learn to use boosting effectively will really separate themselves. Added variable that people will need to master.

Obvious statement I know but it's true. I'll be using it quite a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please report back. I am 82% sure that I am going Xbox, but need to hear feedback from the PS4 guys.
Probably won't get it at launch day, and I'm not a headset, 80" screen uber serious player, so take my review for what its worth (not much).
An uber serious player wouldn't use an 80 inch screen. More like 23-27.

An uber serious player wouldn't use an 80 inch screen. More like a 23-27'' CRT TV.

An uber serious player wouldn't use an 80 inch screen. More like a 23-27'' CRT TV.
Good luck finding CRT. Most of us nerds just get a monitor.

Yeah, fair point. Although with how the graphics are done these days the minimal input lag you'd avoid with CRT would probably cost you in being able to see people across the map as well.

Better off with a fancy 23-27 inch BenQ 1ms monitor. Not that I would know first hand. I still use a 50 inch plasma that I'm sure has a fair amount of input lag.

Yeah, fair point. Although with how the graphics are done these days the minimal input lag you'd avoid with CRT would probably cost you in being able to see people across the map as well.

Better off with a fancy 23-27 inch BenQ 1ms monitor. Not that I would know first hand. I still use a 50 inch plasma that I'm sure has a fair amount of input lag.
Lulz. I was just coming to post that link

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-Performance-24-Inch-LED-Lit-XL2430T/dp/B00M8E0K06

BTW, Clawyer, not sure if you saw this or not but the low TTK you were mentioning in the vids yesterday is likely because they were still playing the beta version of AW from awhile back. The retail version will have a health buff on day 1.

Lulz. I was just coming to post that link

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-Performance-24-Inch-LED-Lit-XL2430T/dp/B00M8E0K06
Wish I could convince the wife I need this.

Users who are viewing this thread