What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cocktails & Dreams (1 Viewer)

Not yet.  Was looking at it awhile back but wife and I just don't get out that often.

I did hit up Selden Standard with some friends a few months ago and that was pretty good
It's cool, it's more of a bar than a restaurant (does have food and tables though). It's small, crowded and pretty hip. Two James has really good drinks as well but with a more laid back, comfortable setting. 

It's cool, it's more of a bar than a restaurant (does have food and tables though). It's small, crowded and pretty hip. Two James has really good drinks as well but with a more laid back, comfortable setting. 
Yeah menu looked pretty limited.   I'll make a note to hit it up next time we're down there

Yeah 2 James is good and of course Sugarhouse 

Also like The Oakland in Ferndale and the Raven in Ann Arbor for cocktail bars

Plus we have the Rusted Crow distillery right down the street (and they have downtown now too)

Yeah menu looked pretty limited.   I'll make a note to hit it up next time we're down there

Yeah 2 James is good and of course Sugarhouse 

Also like The Oakland in Ferndale and the Raven in Ann Arbor for cocktail bars

Plus we have the Rusted Crow distillery right down the street (and they have downtown now too)
I'll have to checkout the Raven and Oakdale, never been to either. I've been to the Rusted Crowd downtown, but no the one the Heights, even though very close to it. 

Whiskey Sour

2 oz. Bourbon

1oz. Fresh Lemon Juice

1 tsp. sugar or simple syrup

1 egg white (if you don't mind a little salmonella)

Add lots of ice, Shake vigorously for at least 20 seconds (maybe more) pour over ice, add cherry or orange slice if you like)

Have been making these the past few weeks with the egg and it is delish.
You can also use the water from a can of garbanzo beans in lieu of an egg white if you're squeamish about the egg. 

Tried this tonight.  Did not like.  caught too much garbanzo bean taste.  Maybe I put too much in?  I put about 1/4 ounce?

McGarnicle's Tequila Coolie

8oz tequila

4oz coconut Bai 

4oz Pellegrino

Combine ingredients over ice, smash a whole lime in there, stir. 

Blueberry Whiskey Sour

• 1oz of Blueberry Simple Syrup (recipe blow)
  • 1 Egg White
  • 2oz's of your bourbon of choice
  • 1oz of fresh squeezed lemon juice

Blueberry Simple Syrup: I tried two different ways to make this and this is by far the superior way IMO. Place 1 Cup of Sugar and 1 Cup of Blueberries (frozen) into a mason jar with a pinch of salt and the zest of 1/4 of a lemon, shake vigorously and let it sit. Once the berries have thawed mash them up and shake vigorously again. Let this sit for about 24 hour shaking vigorously every now and then. After 24 hours strain the juice and eat the remaining blueberries. 

Instructions

1. Dry Shake (no ice) the Blueberry Simple Syrup, Egg White, bourbon and lemon juice for 10-15 seconds
  2. Add handful of ice to the shaker and shake again for 10 seconds
  3. Pour mixture through a fine strainer to catch any lemon pulp into an ice filled glass. 
  4. A white foam should form at the top, shake a dash or two of angostura bitters on top and garnish with a couple of fresh blueberries 

Made these for my fathers birthday over the weekend and they were a HUGE hit. 

Users who are viewing this thread