What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (4 Viewers)

Dare I say our first winning record in the last decade?!  With this style of play, I think this team could go 4-2/5-1 over the last 6 games.  They are raw, young, and hungry enough to keep teams guessing.  I think they sweep the Bengals and finish off the Ravens.  The Bronocs aren't too special offensively and holes in the defense can be exploited.  Houston makes me a little nervous, but they are beatable as well.  If this team can stand up to an offense like ATL and hold them in check, why not Houston and Denver as well?

I don't think this extends Williams' foray as a HC into next year, but it does open the question enough for Dorsey to really consider it.
No, don't dare. I see maybe 5 wins total, they will split with the Bengals and I think they get beat by Denver. Not sure wtf the Ravens are but it's at their place so it won't be a fun atmosphere to play in.

Hue to the Bengals, the gift that keeps on giving. I said earlier we would split with the Bengals, not now. Clean sweep!

I guess they can sell it as getting insider info for 2 games left on the schedule. Everyone knew they were buddies though. Hue won’t even know how to stop this offense, it looks totally different!

Bobcat10 said:
I guess they can sell it as getting insider info for 2 games left on the schedule. Everyone knew they were buddies though. Hue won’t even know how to stop this offense, it looks totally different!
I can't take credit for it's brilliance but heard this morning, if there was ever a coach that knows how to stop Baker Mayfield & the Browns offense it's Hue Jackson.

Bobcat10 said:
Marvin: Hey Hue!  Welcome Back.  Now what do we need to know about Mayfield, Chubb, and the Browns overall?

Hue: I need to watch the tape.

Bobcat10 said:
Did we buy him out or does this get our owner off the contractual hook? 
my understanding is that the Browns would make up the difference between whatever the Bengals are paying Hue and what the Browns were paying him, for however the contract runs.  (i think he has one more year on the contract.)

Marvin: Hey Hue!  Welcome Back.  Now what do we need to know about Mayfield, Chubb, and the Browns overall?

Hue: I need to watch the tape.
maybe his VCR is broken?

maybe he’s been too embarrassed to admit he doesn’t know how those dang surface tablets work?

maybe he can’t get the cassette to fit into the DVR?

he’ll get around to the tape eventually.  

maybe his VCR is broken?

maybe he’s been too embarrassed to admit he doesn’t know how those dang surface tablets work?

maybe he can’t get the cassette to fit into the DVR?

he’ll get around to the tape eventually.  
Maybe You Jackson is actually Jamarcus Russell and the tapes are blank.

page 4 is unacceptable. 

my opponent w/ Mahomes picked up Baker to play vs. me this week.  don't like it, but I'll enjoy the loss better if he throws 4 tds in a win.

in related news, I recently bought a 6 jersey.  planning to wear it to the game in Denver.  Any Browns fans going to the game 12/19 iirc??  I don't have a stub yet, but that's not hard.  Maybe a tailgate in the donkeys back yard? 

page 4 is unacceptable. 

my opponent w/ Mahomes picked up Baker to play vs. me this week.  don't like it, but I'll enjoy the loss better if he throws 4 tds in a win.

in related news, I recently bought a 6 jersey.  planning to wear it to the game in Denver.  Any Browns fans going to the game 12/19 iirc??  I don't have a stub yet, but that's not hard.  Maybe a tailgate in the donkeys back yard? 
my brother’s friend is going to the game.  

if you know where you’re going i can let him know where to go?

1in related news, I recently bought a 6 jersey.  planning to wear it to the game in Denver.  Any Browns fans going to the game 12/19 iirc??  I don't have a stub yet, but that's not hard.  Maybe a tailgate in the donkeys back yard? 
called it, and he outscored brees...  gonna likely cost me the dub, but I LOVE IT!

i'm sure Hue is checking the tape with Marvin.

page 4 is unacceptable. 

My buddies and I will be there.  3 amigos wearing knit Believeland hats.

amnesiac said:
Randall handing the INT to Hue made my day. 
This was great, as was Baker's "handshake" stiff arm.  This team came to play and had a giant chip on their shoulder.  It was great to see.  I was disappointed to see them go into conservative mode the 2nd half, but I understood why they did it.  This team needs to learn how to maintain a lead and keep that winning spirit.  With that said, every time I watch this team play I think they are going to score - whether it's offense or defense.  Baker and Chubb are a great dynamic, and the defense is always looking to get the ball back.  Both sides are hungry and play like it.  Finally, Cleveland has a football team that is fun to watch and competitive enough to give the fans some hope.

This was great, as was Baker's "handshake" stiff arm.  This team came to play and had a giant chip on their shoulder.  It was great to see.  I was disappointed to see them go into conservative mode the 2nd half, but I understood why they did it.  This team needs to learn how to maintain a lead and keep that winning spirit.  With that said, every time I watch this team play I think they are going to score - whether it's offense or defense.  Baker and Chubb are a great dynamic, and the defense is always looking to get the ball back.  Both sides are hungry and play like it.  Finally, Cleveland has a football team that is fun to watch and competitive enough to give the fans some hope.
That'll be the coaching point this week - both amidst coaches on Tuesday then in practice all week.  This team literally hasn't been in that situation since anybody in that locker room got here.  Tendencies were there against Atlanta and obviously worsened yesterday.  Just be happy it's resulted in two wins and not the alternative.  Sometimes you have to make the mistake to learn from them, so next time in that situation I think we're going to see MF Baker mode.

We're getting Houston in a great spot next week - sandwiched between more important division games on short rest.  They're not gonna take us lightly anymore though.  Feels good writing that...

As a Bengals fan, I expected the Browns to beat them yesterday and have been noticing their improvement as the season has progressed.   They seem to be getting confidence and some swagger as they learn to win.  I've been a Bengals fan for many years and certainly know how it feels to endure losing seasons year after year.   I have to admit; the Browns are a fun team to watch and are continuing to get better.   They can beat any of the remaining teams on their schedule.   I'm also very impressed with the line's pass protection lately.   The Browns are on the rise and are becoming a force to be reckoned with against anyone they play, and although I'm supposed to hate them and the rest of the AFC North, I have to admit that it's kind of fun watching their rise from the ashes.  Kinda crazy to say this but I'm kinda jealous.   Watching them dominate the Bengals and seeing Hue on the sideline with the Bengals was painful and kind of symbolic as  for the direction the two teams are heading.  

I'm a little nostalgic today thinking how this could blossom into an '80s type atmosphere around town (the Indians and Cavs have accomplished this to a certain extent since then, but it's not at the same level IMO) and I randomly started jotting down songs I'd hear at Municipal Stadium in the '80s. 

This could be an entire thread on it's own, and maybe a honda if I felt like searching, but I wanted to keep it to Municipal Stadium since every stadium is different even though many overlap.  Let's have some fun....throw out what I'm missing....I know FOR SURE there are good ones left out (like what James Brown song am I missing).  What do you remember hearing at the old Stadium?  This is something that will never be replicated in the new stadium, unlike the city atmosphere.  Browns should do "retro" days.

We Will Rock You - Queen
Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
Crazy Train - Ozzy
Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye - Steam
Rock 'n Roll Pt 2 - Gary Glitter
Welcome to the Jungle - GnR
Shout - The Isely Brothers
Blitzkrieg Bop - The Ramones
Rock & Roll - Led Zepplin
Bang the Drum All Day - Todd Rundgren
Black Betty - Ram Jam
Rock & Roll All Night - Kiss
Twist and Shout - The Beatles
Jump - Van Halen
Should I Stay or Should I Go - The Clash

I'm a little nostalgic today thinking how this could blossom into an '80s type atmosphere around town (the Indians and Cavs have accomplished this to a certain extent since then, but it's not at the same level IMO) and I randomly started jotting down songs I'd hear at Municipal Stadium in the '80s. 

This could be an entire thread on it's own, and maybe a honda if I felt like searching, but I wanted to keep it to Municipal Stadium since every stadium is different even though many overlap.  Let's have some fun....throw out what I'm missing....I know FOR SURE there are good ones left out (like what James Brown song am I missing).  What do you remember hearing at the old Stadium?  This is something that will never be replicated in the new stadium, unlike the city atmosphere.  Browns should do "retro" days.

We Will Rock You - Queen
Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
Crazy Train - Ozzy
Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye - Steam
Rock 'n Roll Pt 2 - Gary Glitter
Welcome to the Jungle - GnR
Shout - The Isely Brothers
Blitzkrieg Bop - The Ramones
Rock & Roll - Led Zepplin
Bang the Drum All Day - Todd Rundgren
Black Betty - Ram Jam
Rock & Roll All Night - Kiss
Twist and Shout - The Beatles
Jump - Van Halen
Should I Stay or Should I Go - The Clash
Bernie Bernie

good experience for Baker if he learns from it. 
He will/already has.

Greg Williams said that he was having success with timing throws but Romeo had his DBs jump those timing routes on the early interceptions.

Baker took blame for the third INT where he said he was trying to do too much,  basically he was trying to play hero-ball and threw that one into triple coverage.

After half time they changed things up and he threw for 351 yards.

Baker mentioned that Callaway had run 76 yards and then he had him run another 60 yards before the DB caught up to him, basically Baker said Callaway got a little gassed which makes sense if you think about it.  Callaway cut it inside and you could see him slowing down and relaxing right as Reid caught up to him.  Unfortunate but after hearing Baker's explanation it made sense.  

Baker not only turned his game around he also understood what happened on that Callaway play and ran the field to pat him on the head and encourage him because he understood what happened.  Very impressive IMHO.

A positive sign from yesterday is that all of the miscues from the first half didn't stop him from slinging the ball in the 2nd half.  He kept pushing the ball into tight spaces with rocket velocity.  Some of those Landry catches looked like he was trying to catch a rocket to his side.  Baker kept attacking the HOU secondary without fear.  Good to see. The only criticism I had was that there were many opportunities to hit the simple check down to get the first, but Baker kept pushing down field with the HR ball.  I like the aggresiveness, but let's get the first so we have more opportunities to score.

He will. Basically threw two TDs bombs in a row and got 0 points out of them down 19 despite him already playing like ####. 
They also mugged Callaway on another deep pass that was going to be caught. They got the penalty yardage from it but it won't show in his stat line.

He will/already has.

Greg Williams said that he was having success with timing throws but Romeo had his DBs jump those timing routes on the early interceptions.

Baker took blame for the third INT where he said he was trying to do too much,  basically he was trying to play hero-ball and threw that one into triple coverage.

Baker mentioned that Callaway had run 76 yards and then he had him run another 60 yards before the DB caught up to him, basically Baker said Callaway got a little gassed which makes sense if you think about it.  Callaway cut it inside and you could see him slowing down and relaxing right as Reid caught up to him.  Unfortunate but after hearing Baker's explanation it made sense.  

Baker not only turned his game around he also understood what happened on that Callaway play and ran the field to pat him on the head and encourage him because he understood what happened.  Very impressive IMHO.
Yep. The mistake on that 3rd INT was that he had a ton of room to run on that play.

Yep. The mistake on that 3rd INT was that he had a ton of room to run on that play.
If you take another look at the play he had RB Duke Johnson WILD OPEN running free to the middle of the field.

I'd MUCH RATHER not have Baker running at any time let alone in a game that has no playoff implications.  I had about four go-arounds arguing that with a relative and he finally agreed after the heat of battle wore off.

This year is all about developing Baker.   He isn't fast, has poor burst, gets caught from behind by guys trying to kill him.  We don't want him running and exposing him to hits.

He has to see Duke and take the safe play and quite frankly Duke had at least 17 yards and an open field.  He would have gained more yards than Baker ever would in his wildest dreams.   

He will/already has.

Also, Callaway had the ball in the wrong hand, his inside hand. If he is carrying it in his outside hand he doesn't fumble

dhockster said:
Also, Callaway had the ball in the wrong hand, his inside hand. If he is carrying it in his outside hand he doesn't fumble
Callaway had no clue that Reid was approaching from the back right side.

He saw Breshard take out the DB directly behind him and then took a peak to his back left and visibly looked down to double check the ball was in the opposite hand literally RIGHT BEFORE Reid got to him.  

He had no clue and actually made the right directional change and was holding the ball in the proper hand based on the information he had at the time since he had no clue Reid was coming up fast to his back right.

If he hadn't run 76 yards and then had to trot back to the huddle and then run another 60 yards then I don't think Reid has a chance in heck to be in position to catch him.  

amnesiac said:
Baker is a still a good, young QB that could progress into a great QB for the Browns for years.  It doesn't really matter if the Browns win/lose games this year.  Baker is getting great real-game experience.  It is all about next year and the Browns getting to the playoffs. 

Users who are viewing this thread