What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (4 Viewers)

Garrett's going into his 5th year option, that isn't accounted for. Then he's getting re-upped. A decision needs made on Njoku too. Vernon, Ogunjobi, and Hunt are free agents. The only DB's under contract are Ward, Greedy, and Redwine. The only LB's under contract and Takitaki and Wilson.  Then there are the Baker and Ward contracts looming the year after (Chubb's gone).

That $65m in cap space won't go very far. Giving 20% of it to Williams while also giving up a meaningful pick with all of those other holes has consequences. And that's if the cap goes up as originally projected - given what the 2020 season may be like the cap may go down for the first time in years.
You probably tag Vernon, let Garrett, Hunt and Ogunjobi walk, re-sign Njoku in 21' , also OBJ is likely to be traded is free up another $15M

Source to me just now regarding the #Browns discussions on Trent Williams, as of this morning: "Everything is still open at this point."

- Josina Anderson

Ps: Trent w an interesting IG story post this morning... 

You probably tag Vernon, let Garrett, Hunt and Ogunjobi walk, re-sign Njoku in 21' , also OBJ is likely to be traded is free up another $15M
I was trying to get soulfly to be the one to say this - I wanted to virtually see his heart rip in two because I am not a good person. A Trent Williams trade happening expedites somebody's exit - and I think he's the first to go. Yes, analytics value WR. But 15% of the max budget on two players is...a lot.

Garrett's not going anywhere and while I don't think Vernon gets franchised you have me wondering now if he may get Transitioned. I think these guys want in on the comp pick pick formula, so there is additional incentive to retain your own. And EDGE2 is gonna be a problem come season's end with this draft class not appearing as though it will provide a potential fix.

why do you think I mocked ceedee lamb to the Browns?

Odds are obj has 1yr left in cleveland. 
...and adding Lamb now will make that one year a tumultuous one. So if we add a WR round one then Beckham's gotta go now. I think a day two WR would be a great idea though. The gettin' will still be good with this class and it won't be a perceived threat to his fragile psyche, so you can develop him with the goal of getting rid of Beckham at season's end then sliding the now 2nd year pro into the starting unit.

Source to me just now regarding the #Browns discussions on Trent Williams, as of this morning: "Everything is still open at this point."

- Josina Anderson

Ps: Trent w an interesting IG story post this morning... 
Didn't that "bomb" hit like 24 hours ago, not this morning?  I'll be shocked if we make a move for Trent.  Totally shocked.

This is a legit tweet from @PFF just now. 

Yes, the coveted analytic team

Browns:

Trade for Trent Williams 
Grab Ceedee Lamb https://t.co/0lwJisuVZs

that looks familiar. 
PFF "best case scenario" uses the 3rd round pick to get this done.  Is that what you're saying as well?  Or you're saying you'd trade a 2nd?  What type contract is PFF and SF considering giving him?

PFF "best case scenario" uses the 3rd round pick to get this done.  Is that what you're saying as well?  Or you're saying you'd trade a 2nd?  What type contract is PFF and SF considering giving him?
im down w a 3rd, because to me, WAS has zero leverage. 

im down w a 3rd, because to me, WAS has zero leverage. 
I agree they have no leverage.  

At least if it's a 3rd I could still breathe.  I still don't think it would make much sense with my long term lens (if we instead drafted a young stud tackle) and financially if we're going to pay him like a top tackle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree they have no leverage.  

At least if it's a 3rd I could still breathe.  I still don't think it would make much sense with my long term lens (if we instead drafted a young stud tackle) and financially if we're going to pay him like a top tackle.
I would not be happy about a 3rd, but I wouldn't vent about it. I would vent if it were a 2nd, but an analytic minded decision making group isn't going to do that so I'm not going to worry about it. I think the more likely scenario involves pick swaps.

If we pull off the trade then draft Lamb we must move Beckham as soon as possible, even if it's for 2021 draft compensation. I don't think we will, but that's the if-then.

For entertainment purposes only...  Would you trade #10 and next year's #1 to WAS for TW & #2 overall?

get ready for the TW trade announcement.... I can feel it in my tummy :)  

let's have fun tonight boys. Let's get that winning culture, mentality and player base.

let's get some playoffs!!!

FYI - Joe Thomas just said on air he hopes to see Trent in a Browns jersey. Said he's a lock HoF'er and would be the #1 tackle in this draft today. 

Tua is injured too much. i don’t like that pick.  

I mean, I like it for the Browns. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Soulfly3 said:
FYI - Joe Thomas just said on air he hopes to see Trent in a Browns jersey. Said he's a lock HoF'er and would be the #1 tackle in this draft today. 
Joe knows what he's talking about. They should trade a 2nd and grab a stud to protect that mediocre QB. ;)  

Simmons and Brown still there plus 3 of the OT.

The 2 QB's going were good for the Browns if they want to keep the pick

Simmons

Jedrick Wills Jr.

Tristan Wirfs

Mekhi Becton

Trade down

Those seem like the 5 options for Cleveland with 2 picks in front.

Arizona probably takes 1 of the OT

No clue what Jacksonville does

Would Cleveland pass up the Unicorn for an OT ?

Users who are viewing this thread