What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash Royale- New Time Waster (1 Viewer)

Am I the only one using the Golem? 

Replaced the Giant with the Golem after the Giant nerf and have had some decent results.

Am I the only one using the Golem? 

Replaced the Giant with the Golem after the Giant nerf and have had some decent results.
ive been seeing them more since the patch

trying to stay away from high elixir cards now that im not using pump anymore

Not even sure what this does. Hides the hog for a bit? Log and mega minion still takes it out all the same
makes him avoid towers since hes pushed to the side by the skeles

hides hog a bit 

hog hides a ton of skeles. eats a tower in seconds if it gets through

@AcerFC Finally found your ice rink video you talked about in game the other night, that's insane, and amazing.  And now I have a couple questions....  

How large is that rink in your basement?  How has it held up through the years? How often do you have to reapply that oil?

I've been looking at that global synthetic and seriously considering putting up one outside in my backyard.  All the reviews on it are great.  I'd have to level a section off, but doesn't seem too bad, and they make a substratum for outdoor use.  My kids would absolutely love it.

@AcerFC Finally found your ice rink video you talked about in game the other night, that's insane, and amazing.  And now I have a couple questions....  

How large is that rink in your basement?  How has it held up through the years? How often do you have to reapply that oil?

I've been looking at that global synthetic and seriously considering putting up one outside in my backyard.  All the reviews on it are great.  I'd have to level a section off, but doesn't seem too bad, and they make a substratum for outdoor use.  My kids would absolutely love it.
I have to go down and measure, but I believe it is 12x16 or 12x18

It has held up great. Gets a little dirty and we dont clean it, but the sheets itself are still great 4 years later. 

I thought the oil would be an issue but it is not. I have used 1.5 bottles of it in 4 years. 

The major issue is what it does to the blades. It will dull them pretty quickly. So I have my son use his old skates because I would have to get his main pair sharpened before every practice and that would make me broke. 

Not sure outside is great if you have tons of leaves. You are down south so snow shouldn't be an issue. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

I have to go down and measure, but I believe it is 12x16 or 12x18

It has held up great. Gets a little dirty and we dont clean it, but the sheets itself are still great 4 years later. 

I thought the oil would be an issue but it is not. I have used 1.5 bottles of it in 4 years. 

The major issue is what it does to the blades. It will dull them pretty quickly. So I have my son use his old skates because I would have to get his main pair sharpened before every practice and that would make me broke. 

Not sure outside is great if you have tons of leaves. You are down south so snow shouldn't be an issue. Let me know if you have any other questions. 
I have one tree in my backyard, and it's a white crepe myrtle, leaves arn't an issue :D I just wonder if HOA would approve it... we don't have a basement, but my wife seems strangely ok with the idea so far... 

You guys still use it often?  The closest rink is ~45 minutes for me, so it's a heckuva drive out there on the weekends.  Would be nice to get to skate around a bit at night, too.

I could really go as large as I'd like in my backyard, what size would you recommend?  Found some pictures of a 16x28 online that looked about right.  

@Spin

He used it much more when he was younger. In fact, I believe it is why he is such a strong skater. He is on the ice 3-4 times a week with mites, we dont have a ton of time. However, I will go down there and play against him and he kills me. I think if he could get the skates on and tie them himself, he would be down there more. For some reason he asks to go down at 9:00 and I say it's too late. 

Our rink is 30 mins away so I feel ya

NEW UPDATE!

MORE EVENTFULNESS

Crown Duel Challenge coming on Dec 16 (available in Friendly Battles on Dec 15)

Clan CHest event coming on Dec 19

MORE EPICNESS

Request and donate Epic Cards on sunday

Epic Cards cost less in the Shop

Epic Chests give more cards and scale with your current Arena

NEW ARENA

Jungle Arena unlocks on Jan 13

FOUR NEW CARDS

Dart Goblin available on Jan 13

One new card will be released every two weeks!

IMPROVEMENTS

Special Event Challenges can be played in Friendly Battles

New legendary jingle when buying a Legendary Card from the Shop

See a summary of your chest's contents after opening

Fresh new look for the inbox (now: "News Royale")

I like these updates.

The next round of card buffs... not so much. But we should get more variety of decks, I feel like I see the same handful of opposing decks all the time.

With the introduction of the clan chest, we would like for all to be active. If all 50 members contributed equally, each player would only need 65 crowns a week. That is less than the daily 10 crown chests. 

Some players may be booted for inactivity. If you are, dont be bummed. Come back in here and tell us you will pick it up. 

It's not fair for some olayers to carry a much heavier load. 

This happened to me in the marvel game so I get it. You want players that contribute. 

Thanks

I haven't been keeping up, didn't even know about the Clan reward.

I will slink away quietly and make room.  It was a fun ride, but I cannot seem to get to that "next level"

Is there a way to see how many cups each player has contributed? I get a minimum of 10 per day, but just curious about total numbers since the challenge began.

BWT, we're on pace to get the max reward right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to see how many cups each player has contributed? I get a minimum of 10 per day, but just curious about total numbers since the challenge began.

BWT, we're on pace to get the max reward right?
click the I for clan info, theres a new tab called chest

Gadabout said:
Until today I didn't realize he resets the inferno tower.
Yeah, he is very strong. I played a mirrored sparky today and he took them both down without a shot. Lolz

@AcerFC Anyone else's game crash?  Everytime I tried to join a team battle just now, my game disconnected, now our whole clan is blank?  Anyone else experiencing that, too?

@AcerFC Anyone else's game crash?  Everytime I tried to join a team battle just now, my game disconnected, now our whole clan is blank?  Anyone else experiencing that, too?
My game is the same way.  I'm bummed because this is really the only time I can play most of the weekend.

Quick tip for the clan battles while we wait.  Make sure to hover your response, so your teammate can see it.  I see a lot of double log on barrels, or arrow/fireball the same horde, etc.  

Get on at lunch break, excited to try out new battles. Worry at first, because it looks like I was booted from clan. Then get on FFA to find supercell just sucks. 

Quick tip for the clan battles while we wait.  Make sure to hover your response, so your teammate can see it.  I see a lot of double log on barrels, or arrow/fireball the same horde, etc.  
By the time everybody gets used to the gameplay it'll be Monday and Clan Battles will be a distant memory.

And there may be too much happening on the screen for me.  I felt like a kid with ADD playing whack-a-mole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spin said:
Yep, I need to communicate better. In the heat of battle, I sometimes forget to wait for my teammate.

Users who are viewing this thread