What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (1 Viewer)

Made a new account this weekend. WarlordPhil. But GregR, and GregR2 were still there when I logged in. I assume PointToTheShirt is too.
A few more accounts and you can start a clan war! (I can't believe you started new after all this time)  :wall:

GregR said:
Made a new account this weekend. WarlordPhil. But GregR, and GregR2 were still there when I logged in. I assume PointToTheShirt is too.
I don't think anyone is left in fbg4. Have room in fbgs if ya want, let us know the cups you need. 

GregR said:
100% th9 can be had for 50 bucks.  Buy one. If you hate it sell it back for the finders fee and move on. 

I will probably get tired of it again around TH9.  Once the build times take weeks and the gratification comes slowly, the game starts to lose interest for me. I might even make a second newbie village to help delay that.

You guys still warring?

I will probably get tired of it again around TH9.  Once the build times take weeks and the gratification comes slowly, the game starts to lose interest for me. I might even make a second newbie village to help delay that.

You guys still warring?
3X a week.

370-109-4

I'd rather light myself on fire than start again.

I don't think anyone is left in fbg4. Have room in fbgs if ya want, let us know the cups you need. 

3X a week.

370-109-4

I'd rather light myself on fire than start again.

I won't take up slots if you guys are warring. Been using the TH10s to fill the newbie's castle. I might upgrade the TH10s if I can save the money just from farming.  Need to update base layouts. I pulled the TH inside my walls but had to move a lot to fit it.

I won't take up slots if you guys are warring. Been using the TH10s to fill the newbie's castle. I might upgrade the TH10s if I can save the money just from farming.  Need to update base layouts. I pulled the TH inside my walls but had to move a lot to fit it.
We have room you can opt out. Only about 15 to 20 are in for war and we are at 42/50. Come join the fun. 

Alright, will join later today.  Will let you know the cup count.

What's the best castle defense unit for low levels these days?  Valk/wiz/witch still best or any of the newer ones fit in 10-15 space that are worth it?

You guys still warring?
I don't think you adequately realize the extent of the changes that has happened in the previous 2-3 years.  They dramatically decreased times from TH1 to TH7 but dramatically increased time to finish TH10 (and 11 now really) without reducing hero upgrade time at th9.

TH10 alone now is nearly a 2 year process.  I think they have messed with the times of some of the towers enough to make the actual builder upgrades more like 14 months but the lab is more like 19 months.  And that's assuming you can keep all that running.  

People buy and sell accounts like candy now.  If you like upgrading get paid to do it, buy a lower/middle th10, max it, start over, if that's your game.  Make a 100 for the effort.  Messing around with accounts below max th9 is just a utter waste of time, you aren't relevant in war, and you just spin wheels for literally years in a game that is struggling to re-invent itself for the moment.  

I'm not sure where my account is, if it's not needed for CWL Season 3 I'll make sure someone has it.

So is 9.5 still a viable strategy, or am I just wasting my time?

I've gotten all of the main war troops maxed and I've got maxed traps, teslas & Archer Towers.  Working on my Wizard Towers now.

Do I spend the couple of months needed to get to a pure 9.5, or do I start dropping in the TH10 towers and/or jump to TH11 for the Warden?

So is 9.5 still a viable strategy, or am I just wasting my time?

I've gotten all of the main war troops maxed and I've got maxed traps, teslas & Archer Towers.  Working on my Wizard Towers now.

Do I spend the couple of months needed to get to a pure 9.5, or do I start dropping in the TH10 towers and/or jump to TH11 for the Warden?
Yes but it depends on your clan roster. If it's a very top heavy clan (mostly th11's) then 9.5 isn't viable but if you war with mostly th10's and th9's it's a good option. Another thing you could do is skip th10 entirely and go straight to th11 and build up labs, heroes and especially warden while deciding to upgrade or not upgrade defense.

Alright, will join later today.  Will let you know the cup count.

What's the best castle defense unit for low levels these days?  Valk/wiz/witch still best or any of the newer ones fit in 10-15 space that are worth it?
For what it's worth you're in a decent spot for both GR1 and GR2 accounts at th10. Each has about 5 months of lab upgrades left, minimal defense to max out, and about 6-8 months of hero upgrades (unless you're Cliff then it's 1-2 months). You could pick an account and chip away at maxing out the heroes to get to max th10, assuming you want to max out th10, without much trouble. Going to th11 immediately for the warden is an option too. 

Is there a site that's more trustworthy than others for this kind of transaction?  Seems ripe for someone to get ripped off
http://discord.gg/qGYqKSy

Discord buy/sell server is the most active and best buy/sell market out there. If you need advice from those that do this alot for various reasons I can loop you in with some of the crew I used to run with.

Going with a site like playerup is ok I guess, but there is more risk there as that is more wild west.

I have kept my second account at TH9. Just nearing max defenses, about to start on walls. I don't raid a ton, but enough to keep the builders busy mostly. I'm a decent hogger, nothing special, but that's okay because the clan I'm in is terrible.

End of TH5 and already into the part of the game I can't do anything for a day while builders are all tied up. Waiting 4 days for TH6 upgrade and nothing left to upgrade but collectors.

Made another newbie account to pass time with, though my interest is waning again a bit. Just reached TH4. Have had a number of humorous attacks.  Multiple people attacking with their whole army when I have nothing they can take. Like 200 gold and 200 elixir is all they can gain. My base isn't one of the easier ones in this trophy range so I don't get why they attacked.  Even funnier then when my CC valkyrie wipes out their whole army single-handed.

End of TH5 and already into the part of the game I can't do anything for a day while builders are all tied up. Waiting 4 days for TH6 upgrade and nothing left to upgrade but collectors.

Made another newbie account to pass time with, though my interest is waning again a bit. Just reached TH4. Have had a number of humorous attacks.  Multiple people attacking with their whole army when I have nothing they can take. Like 200 gold and 200 elixir is all they can gain. My base isn't one of the easier ones in this trophy range so I don't get why they attacked.  Even funnier then when my CC valkyrie wipes out their whole army single-handed.
Bots. 

Bots. Bah.

So what are the best TH10 farming raids now that they have baby dragons and miners?  Loonian still good? Use Rage or the speed spell? Anything else worth trying?

Bots. Bah.

So what are the best TH10 farming raids now that they have baby dragons and miners?  Loonian still good? Use Rage or the speed spell? Anything else worth trying?
I raid with loons, 2 rage 3 haste but I'm sure there are more efficient ways to garner loot. Miners were nerved so almost pointless. Never had success with baby dragon raids so never explored it much.

Bots. Bah.

GiGob. DE farming was never so easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since they've made public declarations about a new algorithm for war matchmaking, our 40 v 40 wars have either been against clans that slap us around and score 118-120, or against clans that are really terrible (or don't fight back really).  I do like that the tomato cans are totally obvious so we can have our lower level villages jump up and grab a star at the top for winners loot.

Any tips for builders base?  Flirted with the minion things for a bit, but have gone almost exclusively barbarians after the getting the upgrade that gives 10 per camp. Have been slaughtering people but as I hit TH4 I'm taking occasional losses to people with baby dragons.

Any units that are overpowered compared to the rest at various levels? 

And any tips on how the matchmaking works?  Is it straight up trophy count, or does it do a calculation based on your units and upgrades?

Any tips for builders base?  Flirted with the minion things for a bit, but have gone almost exclusively barbarians after the getting the upgrade that gives 10 per camp. Have been slaughtering people but as I hit TH4 I'm taking occasional losses to people with baby dragons.

Any units that are overpowered compared to the rest at various levels? 

And any tips on how the matchmaking works?  Is it straight up trophy count, or does it do a calculation based on your units and upgrades?
I found that around TH4 mass archers work well, sprinkle in some giants to tank if needed. Upgraded archers can take out a bunch of trash buildings before they become visible to the defense. 

Now that I have lvl12 baby dragons, I tend to get at least 2 stars-65% at the 3000 trophy range. It's cheap but effective.

I think matchmaking is just trophy count as I encounter some TH5's maybe 20% of the time.

Oh yeah, all those boring copied diamond shaped bases can go burn in heck.

EYLive said:
I found that around TH4 mass archers work well, sprinkle in some giants to tank if needed. Upgraded archers can take out a bunch of trash buildings before they become visible to the defense. 

Now that I have lvl12 baby dragons, I tend to get at least 2 stars-65% at the 3000 trophy range. It's cheap but effective.

I think matchmaking is just trophy count as I encounter some TH5's maybe 20% of the time.

Oh yeah, all those boring copied diamond shaped bases can go burn in heck.
I haven't gotten my baby drags up that high, but I'm having decent success with lvl 12 barbs and lvl 10 bombers.  Just avoid the crushers and use the bombers to pave the way.  You have to spray enough barbs to keep the defenses from targeting the bombers...there is an art form to making sure you keep the defenses busy while not using up your whole army before the Builder Hall is exposed.

I haven't gotten my baby drags up that high, but I'm having decent success with lvl 12 barbs and lvl 10 bombers.  Just avoid the crushers and use the bombers to pave the way.  You have to spray enough barbs to keep the defenses from targeting the bombers...there is an art form to making sure you keep the defenses busy while not using up your whole army before the Builder Hall is exposed.
I wish upgrading bombers meant increasing their IQ, cuz my lvl6 bombers are dumb as hell.

I wish upgrading bombers meant increasing their IQ, cuz my lvl6 bombers are dumb as hell.
I think they all are.  I've seen battle machines roll past like 4 targets just to go get annihilated in the center.  Also, barbs and archers will run all over the base trying to get to the defensive troops, which typically means they get mashed by a crusher or burned up or bombed while not harming a single building.

Has war matchmaking improved or degraded for you guys since they adjusted the algorithm?

As I improve our TH8 defenses, I'm slowly seeing an improvement in our matches.  Last matchup was good, one of the most fair 40 on 40's we've been involved in. 

We were getting killed by engineered clans back when our TH8's all had max air defense with level 1 ground defenses.

Anyone got any decent BH7 designs?  I know my offensive weakness is holding me back, but I'd love to keep attackers to 1 star.  TIA

Anyone got any decent BH7 designs?  I know my offensive weakness is holding me back, but I'd love to keep attackers to 1 star.  TIA
Enclose your base, then enclose th with wall in middle of base.  Have tesla and black thing that throws bombs enclosed with th 1 north, 1 south.  Put those slam things east and west outside th walls.  Then put rest of d around th walls.  HTH.

:)

Sry for the cav speak.

Haven't played for about two years but had a maxed th10 other than walls. Think heroes are about 30/30. Need a game to play for an hour or two a day. 

Is this a good option these days?

Maintenance break. Christmas theme or big update? Both? Hopefully both, i’m pretty bored, although grinding heroes again doesn’t really sound fun.

So now you can heal thru infernos and heroes go to 50?  Plus X-Bow DPS went way down?

Seems a lot of changes at once.  

How are things going in general?  I only hear from my old buddies like once every couple months.  

Users who are viewing this thread