What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Johnson 2012 (1 Viewer)

When Chris Johnson had his 2k season, the Titans passing game averaged 189 yards (23rd in NFL), 74.8 QB rating (22nd), and had 16 TDs and 15 INTs. Team were stacking the line that season too. Stacking the line is great for long TDs. That season he had 7 TDs longer than 50 yards and 3 TDs longer than 85 yards. :shock:
...Here's a question, without looking it up who is CJ's fullback? Bonus question, is that player better than Ahmard Hall, his 2009 fullback?
It was Hall 2009-2011 also.

Anyone see him come to life this year?
Yes, the situation is fluid. At the least, Locker proved teams have to pay a bit closer attention to him. Britt being back will only further help keep defenses honest as well.
I watched the game on NFL Replay last night. Chris Johnson is going to have to change if he's going to be successful. He's just not running hard. He tip toes to the line of scrimmage. He goes down on first contact immediately, and looks like he's running almost completely upright. He's being tackled one on one consistently even when he gets in open space. He is simply NOT the same player. I thought he'd get back to form with a full offseason training with his team and a rededication to his craft. The reports about him were all positive, and he said all the right things, but he looks like the same player he was last year.

Maybe he watched Marshawn Lynch run Monday night, and that will light a fire under his ###? That's a player who was unaffected by the $$$, and everyone who thought he'd quit owes him an apology. That guy runs hard.

I watched a few plays from that game, too. My personal favorite was when he was asked to passblock. He literally ran to a hole a defender was coming through, turned SIDEWAYS and got pushed out of the way. I sighed and turned the game off.

I have the option of swapping him out for Alfred Morris and it is really, really tempting. I'm not sure I want to trade the CJ situation for the chaos that is typically the Shannahan RB situation but the latter has looked much better the last couple of weeks, especially since it's a local office league with roster limits where keeping a dud too long can really kill you.

I just traded for him this afternoon

I gave greene / Ingram and got Johnson and Jaquizz

I'm optimistice he may return to a little bit of his old self but I mostly picked him up for bye weeks

for MJD and Matthews

Got rid of him today in a package deal with Sproles being the only RB coming back.

Probably should have held out for a little longer to see if he could turn it around but I wanted to get at least something for him. Another week or two and he might not be rosterable.

Last edited by a moderator:
he got traded in my league tonight

johnson and greg jennings

for

alfred morris, kenny britt and santonio holmes.

guy who got johnson has mjd and mccoy

I just traded him earlier today after weeks of trying to get a RB back in a package, I sent the straight up deal of Antonio Gates for Chris Johnson and it was accepted 30 minutes later.

I was shocked at how soon it was accepted until I realized Chris Johnson is actially out scoring Gates on the season.

I still feel great about the trade. I have Demarco, Spiller, Doug Martin, and Bradshaw left, I don't think I could have gotten much more and since I'm selling low on CJ?K, it feels good to be buying low.

Anyone see him come to life this year?
Uh what? I think you're a little late to the discussion, bub.
CJ has been in a somewhat of a unique situation...Last year: brand new offense, O coordinator, head coach, etc + late start to season. This year he loses a couple linemen to injury and the teams to start the season are front-loaded with good D's. All said, he should be averaging more than 1.4/carry...especially for a guy of his caliber. I have a feeling he is due for 75-80 vs. the Texans and will progress from there.

I bit the bullet and traded for CJ?k. I'm stacked at receiver so I feel it was worth the gamble. I traded Brandon Lloyd straight up for CJ.

Man I really hope he comes through for you because you traded a known commodity in Lloyd (thats getting better) for an unknown CJ?K

'duaneok66 said:
why will he come to life now against one of the top defenses in the NFL?
Just call it a hunch. Everything points against him doing well, so he should have a good game. Right? Besides, if Johnson is going to get 1,000 yards this season, he needs to average almost 75 yards/game from here on out. Seems reasonable. :banned:Edited to Add: Just traded Jamaal Charles for Johnson and Trent Richardson in one league. I may have overpaid, but I like the idea of getting (potentially) 2 studs. Besides, if Johnson doesnt work out I can stash him on the bench.

Yes, odds are he'll do well when 90% of his owners sit him. :IBTL:

To be completely honest though, if Britt doesn't play he has about a 1% chance of doing well. If Britt does play you can bump it up to 10%.

What's the deal with today's explosion? For those of us who can't see the game, is there a matchup issue or is the O-line finally helping him out?

What's the deal with today's explosion? For those of us who can't see the game, is there a matchup issue or is the O-line finally helping him out?
This.For the love of god. What the hell happened today?25 for 141. 5.6 yds/carry

Hasselbeck is simply the better NFL QB and makes opposing defenses at least have to respect the passing game. Should be even better once Britt returns.

He looked more decisive on his runs and the Tenn line blocked very well on some of those designed run plays in the 2nd quarter. Detractors will point to fact he got more than half his yards after the Texans went up by 14 points midway thru the 3rd quarter. Even if he hadn't of gained another yard at that point he still would have had a solid game though.

Edit: it was 14 points after the 1st Pick 6, by the Texans Def not 21.

As stated, the obvious difference is the number of carries CJ was finally given. The more carries he has, the more likely he is to succeed. When you get sub-15 carries, for a guy known to rip off 80yd runs to pad his totals and not a bunch of 5 yard runs, of course you'll look bad. Give him 25+ and he CAN produce.

We'll see what happens next week..

'donkshow said:
As stated, the obvious difference is the number of carries CJ was finally given. The more carries he has, the more likely he is to succeed. When you get sub-15 carries, for a guy known to rip off 80yd runs to pad his totals and not a bunch of 5 yard runs, of course you'll look bad. Give him 25+ and he CAN produce.

We'll see what happens next week..
I agree with what you're saying. Any RB needs carries to really get going. On the other hand - there is no denying he's looked lethargic at times for the past year+.Today he got 145 and didn't rip off a big run. His long was 19, I believe.

So, having not seen the game (yet) - is this a result of his line play improving and CJ running harder & being more decisive? Or is this a fluke?

'Nucker101 said:
Hasselbeck is simply the better NFL QB and makes opposing defenses at least have to respect the passing game. Should be even better once Britt returns.
:lmao: :lmao: At this point in time, Hasselbeck is not better than Locker.

Users who are viewing this thread