What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chip Kelly and Bucs in very active talks about HC position (1 Viewer)

Oregon coach Chip Kelly is reportedly nearing a deal that will make him head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to KGW TV in Portland. KGW Sports@KGWSports KGW's Michael Berk reports Chip Kelly is working to finalize a deal that would make him head coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs. More on KGW
sanctions looming?

Oregon coach Chip Kelly is reportedly nearing a deal that will make him head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to KGW TV in Portland. KGW Sports@KGWSports KGW's Michael Berk reports Chip Kelly is working to finalize a deal that would make him head coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs. More on KGW
sanctions looming?
My first thought. They are coming for sure, he may know they are going to be more severe than anyone expects though.

I wouldn't necessarily say there's sanctions coming to Oregon because Chip is leaving. Chip is Iike a Bellicheck clone in his personality. The guy is married to football, and I'm sure would rather spend his time working on game plans and coaching rather than recruiting players. Chip just seems more likePro coach rather than a College coach.

Someone on twitter (don't remember who) stated if Kelly left, Chris Petersen (BSU) would be the Ducks #1 candidate. :popcorn:

Moneygrab, pure and simple. But his personality will be good for the league. He's a walking quote machine.

Sounds like they had an agreement in principle, and Kelly changed his mind.

I'm for one am glad...didn't seem like a great fit to me...but what do I know.

Oregon's recruiting class has been called out by several in the last few weeks though...currently ranked in the 20's by most sites. Odd after your first Rose Bowl win.

Users who are viewing this thread