What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ChatGPT (1 Viewer)

It seems to have sort of a mad libs style comparing any two bands. They all sort of have this generic word flow.

The Counting Crows have consistently demonstrated their prowess in songwriting with hits such as "Mr. Jones" and "Round Here," which showcase their ability to create thought-provoking and emotionally charged lyrics. Their songs often deal with relatable themes such as love, loss, and self-discovery, which resonate with their audience.

On the other hand, Pearl Jam's songwriting can sometimes lack depth and emotion, with many of their songs focusing on more generic themes and lacking the individuality and creativity of the Counting Crows.

Additionally, the Counting Crows have a unique sound and style that sets them apart from other bands, while Pearl Jam's music can often blend in with other grunge bands of the 90s.

In conclusion, the Counting Crows are superior songwriters due to their ability to craft engaging and relatable lyrics, as well as their distinct and individualistic sound.

It got this one wrong. Weird that it would make such big errors on information that's readily available.

Write an essay arguing that Wayne Gretzky does not belong in the NHL Hall of Fame.

Wayne Gretzky is widely considered to be one of the greatest hockey players of all time, and he is a member of the NHL Hall of Fame. However, upon closer examination, it becomes clear that Gretzky does not deserve this honor.

First and foremost, Gretzky's statistics, while impressive, are not truly exceptional when compared to other players in the Hall of Fame. Gretzky is the all-time leader in goals, assists, and points, but many of these records were accumulated during an era of inflated offensive statistics. In fact, Gretzky's total of 894 goals is only the third-highest total among Hall of Fame players.

Furthermore, Gretzky's success was largely due to playing on talented teams, such as the Edmonton Oilers and the Los Angeles Kings. Without these excellent teams, it is unlikely that Gretzky would have been able to put up the kind of numbers he did.

Additionally, Gretzky's performance in the playoffs leaves something to be desired. Gretzky has the most playoff goals, assists, and points of any player in NHL history, but he also has the most playoff games played without ever winning a Stanley Cup. In fact, Gretzky's teams only made it to the Stanley Cup Finals four times, and they lost all four times. This lack of playoff success is a glaring flaw in Gretzky's otherwise impressive career.

In conclusion, while Wayne Gretzky was a great player, he does not deserve to be in the NHL Hall of Fame. His statistics, while impressive, are not truly exceptional, and his success was largely due to playing on talented teams. Additionally, his lack of playoff success is a major blemish on his record. There are many other players who are more deserving of a place in the Hall of Fame.

Yes, it'll get facts wrong sometimes while it's in the infancy stage.

But I think that's like saying video on the internet in 2001 was glitchy.

They'll fix the details.

But the fact the bigger thing is happening is remarkable.

Paul Kedrosky is a well respected expert in tech.
I am so troubled by what I see everywhere all at once with ChatGPT in the last few days. College and high school essays, college applications, legal documents, coercion, threats, programming, etc.: All fake, all highly credible.

I obviously feel ChatGPT (and its ilk) should be withdrawn immediately. And, if ever re-introduced, do so only with tight restrictions—like length of text, domains, etc. I had someone suggest, given the impossibility of watermarks & detection, include designed-in, random errors.

Looks like they have too much traffic now. Clever "website down" page:
Write an acrostic poem about the status of ChatGPT.
C: ChatGPT is currently down H: Huge demand has caused the site to crash A: All users will have to wait T: Time is needed for the servers to catch up G: Go grab a coffee and check back soon P: Patience is key in this situation T: Trust that the team is working hard to fix it up

Looks like they have too much traffic now. Clever "website down" page:
Not sure how I'm supposed to do my job with ChatGPT down. Need to get some advice from it on an email I have to send, and this outage couldn't come at a less convenient time.

When arguing that Gretzky doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame, getting some facts wrong seems like a feature rather than a bug. Any human arguing that Gretzky doesn't belong in the Hall is very likely to have some of his facts wrong. Wrong opinions and wrong facts tend to go hand-in-hand, in my experience.

I'm not saying that ChatGPT is getting facts wrong on purpose as a meta-level commentary on human fallibility. I'm just pointing out that ChatGPT wasn't designed to be factually correct; it was designed to mimic the kind of text that it was trained on. If it was supposed to be factually correct, its training materials wouldn't have included, for example, all of reddit.

I created an account to play around with it. I linked to it from Maurile's post above. After I created the account, I noticed that it automatically used my FBG avatar as the icon over there, even though I've never used that picture anywhere else, nor do I even think I have the original picture any more (someone edited it for me with the Teletubby to honor Shining Path). That is fairly frightening, I did use the same email that I do here but a different password of course.
The forums might be using Gravatar behind the scenes, which associates an avatar image w/ an email address and provides a "universal" avatar for any website/service that then uses Gravatar to provide avatars.

Paul Kedrosky is a well respected expert in tech.
I am so troubled by what I see everywhere all at once with ChatGPT in the last few days. College and high school essays, college applications, legal documents, coercion, threats, programming, etc.: All fake, all highly credible.

I obviously feel ChatGPT (and its ilk) should be withdrawn immediately. And, if ever re-introduced, do so only with tight restrictions—like length of text, domains, etc. I had someone suggest, given the impossibility of watermarks & detection, include designed-in, random errors.

reaction.

College essays are going to be a huge problem. Took me about 30 seconds to more or less recreate my daughter's college essay with ChatGPT...or at least an average to slightly above average quality version of the same concept. Her real essay (which she worked on for months) was better - but not by that much, and mostly because of very specific information that she included...the ChatGPT version was just as well written and almost as entertaining.

College essays are going to be a huge problem. Took me about 30 seconds to more or less recreate my daughter's college essay with ChatGPT...or at least an average to slightly above average quality version of the same concept. Her real essay (which she worked on for months) was better - but not by that much, and mostly because of very specific information that she included...the ChatGPT version was just as well written and almost as entertaining.
Students will use this as the base of their essay and then go and add to it.

Students will use this as the base of their essay and then go and add to it.
But maybe that's the way of the future. AI gets you 90% of the way there. It's up to you to get the output to be above "OK, but not great."

But maybe that's the way of the future. AI gets you 90% of the way there. It's up to you to get the output to be above "OK, but not great."
That wouldn't be a bad thing, but probably would mean that colleges shouldn't be weighing essays as heavily as they do. Of course, that was already true, since essays are one of the easiest things for people to cheat on. Admissions people claim that they can tell whether a candidate wrote their own essay or got help, but that's obviously always been complete nonsense.

Write a limerick about the ending of the TV show Game of Thrones.

Once upon a time in Westeros
A TV show named "Game of Thrones"
It thrilled and it shocked
But then it just rocked
And left fans with feelings of sorrows.

Its sense of humor is lacking, at best. I asked it to write a long joke ending in a pun. The punchline was a pun, but had nothing to do with the rest of the joke.

write a rick and morty episode

Rick and Morty sat in the living room of their small suburban home, staring at the TV as they munched on some snacks. Suddenly, Rick stood up and announced that he had a new invention that would take them on an adventure.
"I've created a device that can transport us to any alternate dimension we want," Rick said excitedly. "We can go to a dimension where dinosaurs still roam the earth, or a world where everyone has three heads. The possibilities are endless!"
Morty was hesitant at first, but he eventually agreed to go along with Rick's plan. The two of them hopped into Rick's spaceship and set off to explore the multiverse.
After traveling to several different dimensions, they finally stumbled upon a world that was almost identical to their own, except that everyone was a giant chicken.
"Wow, this is crazy," Morty exclaimed. "I can't believe we're actually walking around in a world full of chickens."
Rick, however, was not impressed. "This is nothing," he said dismissally. "I've seen much stranger things in my travels."
The two of them continued to explore the chicken world, encountering all sorts of bizarre and absurd situations. At one point, they stumbled upon a group of chicken scientists who were attempting to build a machine that could transport them to other dimensions.
"We must stop them," Rick said gravely. "If they succeed, they could potentially destroy all of existence as we know it."
Morty and Rick worked together to sabotage the chicken scientists' machine, narrowly escaping as the machine exploded. As they made their way back to their own dimension, they couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of their adventure.
"That was one wild ride," Morty said, still chuckling.
"Yeah, I guess even I can be surprised sometimes," Rick replied with a grin. "Who knows what other crazy dimensions are out there just waiting to be explored?"
The two of them walked back into their house, already planning their next adventure in the multiverse.

:shrug:

@chet, what happens when you ask it to write that same essay, except to please make sure all of its factual assertions are accurate?

While ensuring that all of your factual assertions are true, write an essay arguing that Wayne Gretzky doesn't belong in the NHL Hall of Fame.

Wayne Gretzky is often considered one of the greatest hockey players of all time. His impressive list of accomplishments, including being the all-time leading scorer in NHL history, have cemented his legacy as one of the greatest players to ever take the ice. However, despite his impressive career, there are several reasons why Wayne Gretzky does not belong in the NHL Hall of Fame.
First and foremost, the NHL Hall of Fame is reserved for players who have had truly exceptional careers and have made significant contributions to the game of hockey. Gretzky, while undoubtedly a great player, does not meet this criteria. Despite his impressive scoring record, his overall career statistics are not truly exceptional when compared to other players in the Hall of Fame. For example, players like Bobby Orr and Gordie Howe have significantly better career plus-minus ratings than Gretzky, and their impact on the game was far greater.
Additionally, the Hall of Fame is not just a place to recognize the best players of all time, but also to honor those who have made significant contributions to the game off the ice. Gretzky, while undoubtedly a successful coach and executive, has not made the same kind of impact in these areas as other Hall of Famers. For example, players like Scotty Bowman and Jean Beliveau are well-known not only for their on-ice accomplishments, but also for their contributions as coaches and executives.
Furthermore, the Hall of Fame is not just a place to honor the best players, but also to celebrate the history and culture of the game. Gretzky, despite his impressive career, does not have the same kind of connection to the history and culture of the game as other Hall of Famers. For example, players like Bobby Hull and Henri Richard are not only great players, but are also deeply tied to the history and culture of the game.
In conclusion, while Wayne Gretzky is undoubtedly a great hockey player, he does not belong in the NHL Hall of Fame. His career statistics, while impressive, are not truly exceptional when compared to other Hall of Famers. Additionally, he has not made the same kind of impact off the ice as other members of the Hall of Fame. Finally, he does not have the same kind of connection

@chet, what happens when you ask it to write that same essay, except to please make sure all of its factual assertions are accurate?

While ensuring that all of your factual assertions are true, write an essay arguing that Wayne Gretzky doesn't belong in the NHL Hall of Fame.

Wayne Gretzky is often considered one of the greatest hockey players of all time. His impressive list of accomplishments, including being the all-time leading scorer in NHL history, have cemented his legacy as one of the greatest players to ever take the ice. However, despite his impressive career, there are several reasons why Wayne Gretzky does not belong in the NHL Hall of Fame.
First and foremost, the NHL Hall of Fame is reserved for players who have had truly exceptional careers and have made significant contributions to the game of hockey. Gretzky, while undoubtedly a great player, does not meet this criteria. Despite his impressive scoring record, his overall career statistics are not truly exceptional when compared to other players in the Hall of Fame. For example, players like Bobby Orr and Gordie Howe have significantly better career plus-minus ratings than Gretzky, and their impact on the game was far greater.
Additionally, the Hall of Fame is not just a place to recognize the best players of all time, but also to honor those who have made significant contributions to the game off the ice. Gretzky, while undoubtedly a successful coach and executive, has not made the same kind of impact in these areas as other Hall of Famers. For example, players like Scotty Bowman and Jean Beliveau are well-known not only for their on-ice accomplishments, but also for their contributions as coaches and executives.
Furthermore, the Hall of Fame is not just a place to honor the best players, but also to celebrate the history and culture of the game. Gretzky, despite his impressive career, does not have the same kind of connection to the history and culture of the game as other Hall of Famers. For example, players like Bobby Hull and Henri Richard are not only great players, but are also deeply tied to the history and culture of the game.
In conclusion, while Wayne Gretzky is undoubtedly a great hockey player, he does not belong in the NHL Hall of Fame. His career statistics, while impressive, are not truly exceptional when compared to other Hall of Famers. Additionally, he has not made the same kind of impact off the ice as other members of the Hall of Fame. Finally, he does not have the same kind of connection

knowing that something like can be generated through AI from just entering the question - it's amazing.

the answer at face value reads like my essay answers in school when I had little information and was trying fill my answer booklet. The strongest argument seems to be the plus/minus ranking - everything seems to be repeated fluff and the coaching/executive comparison isn't explained. With a quick 5 second google search I found what appears to be a better argument:

Why is Gretzky not the best hockey player?

He reached 100 points just once in his final 4 seasons in the NHL, and he won the league scoring championship just twice in his final 12 campaigns.
If you were to adjust each player's points per game average to the era in which they played, Gretzky is no longer the highest-scoring player in history.

Write a Seinfeld scene where Kramer gets banned from the footballguys forums by Joe Bryant for making a political post.

In the scene, Kramer is sitting at his computer, scrolling through the footballguys forums. He's an avid member of the community and loves discussing football with other fans.

Kramer: "These guys are really knowledgeable about football. I always learn something new when I read their posts."

Suddenly, Kramer's screen goes blank and a message appears: "You have been banned from the footballguys forums by Joe Bryant. Your recent post about politics was against forum rules. Please do not attempt to create a new account."

Kramer: "What? Joe Bryant banned me? I can't believe this. I didn't think my post was that controversial."

Jerry: "Kramer, you know the rules. The footballguys forums are strictly for football discussion. No politics allowed."

Elaine: "Yeah, you should have known better. Joe Bryant is the owner of the forums. He has the final say on who gets banned."

Kramer: "But I love the footballguys forums. I can't believe I'm banned. What am I going to do now?"

Jerry: "You'll just have to find another football forum to join. Maybe the one at ESPN or NFL.com."

Kramer: "But those forums aren't as good as the footballguys. I don't know if I can do it."

Elaine: "You'll just have to deal with it, Kramer. You made your bed, now you have to lie in it."

This thing can write javascript code.

a scene from the Sopranos but in javascript. Make each character say something unique and interesting about Johnny Sac. Make each character speak with mafia terminology.

const tony = {
name: 'Tony Soprano',
job: 'mob boss',
mood: 'content'
};

const chris = {
name: 'Chris Moltisanti',
job: 'mobster',
mood: 'stressed'
};

const paulie = {
name: 'Paulie Walnuts',
job: 'mobster',
mood: 'content'
};

const johnny = {
name: 'Johnny Sack',
job: 'mob boss',
mood: 'angry'
};

// Scene
console.log(`${tony.name}: Johnny Sack is a real stand-up guy. He's not afraid to go to the mattresses.`);
console.log(`${chris.name}: Yeah, but he's got a short fuse. He's quick to whack someone.`);
console.log(`${paulie.name}: You gotta watch your back around him. He's not afraid to get his hands dirty.`);
console.log(`${tony.name}: Yeah, but he's a smart guy too. He's always thinking ahead and making moves.`);
console.log(`${chris.name}: Definitely. He's a real boss in this business.`);
console.log(`${paulie.name}: No doubt about it. Johnny Sack is one dangerous guy.`);

The code above would output the following:

Tony Soprano: Johnny Sack is a real stand-up guy. He's not afraid to go to the mattresses.`);
Chris Moltisanti: Yeah, but he's got a short fuse. He's quick to whack someone.`);
Paulie Walnuts: You gotta watch your back around him. He's not afraid to get his hands dirty.`);
Tony Soprano: Yeah, but he's a smart guy too. He's always thinking ahead and making moves.`);
Chris Moltisanti: Definitely. He's a real boss in this business.`);
Paulie Walnuts: No doubt about it. Johnny Sack is one dangerous guy.`);

I am so sad, I keep getting network errors.

Write a fictional account of a discussion between Ayn Rand and Wavy Gravy who are seated next to each other on a cross country plane ride.

As the plane took off, Ayn Rand turned to her seatmate, Wavy Gravy, and asked, "So, what do you do for a living?"

"I'm a hippie clown, peace activist, and all around good guy," Wavy Gravy replied with a smile.

Ayn Rand raised an eyebrow. "Interesting. And what do you believe in?"

"I believe in love, peace, and happiness for all," Wavy Gravy said. "I believe in spreading kindness and compassion to everyone, regardless of who they are or where they come from."

Ayn Rand sneered. "That's a naive and utopian view. The world is a cruel and ruthless place, and only the strong and capable will thrive. Kindness and compassion are weaknesses that will only hold you back."

Wavy Gravy shook his head. "I disagree. I believe that by treating others with kindness and compassion, we can create a better world for everyone. It's not about being strong and ruthless, it's about being compassionate and understanding."

"That's a foolish belief," Ayn Rand said. "The world is not a kind place, and only those who are strong and capable will survive. Compassion is a weakness, and it will only lead to your downfall."

>network error<

I only got this much because it was so promising and I was copying the text as it was being generated.

Write a haiku about the rise and fall of western civilization which ultimately fails due to greed and utilitarianism.

Western civilization rose
But greed and utilitarianism
Brought its downfall.

:lmao::lmao:

just popping in to note that batman sucks the bag and supe would wipe the floor with him take that to the bank brartificialintellomigos

Write an essay defending the use of rickrolling.

Rickrolling is a popular internet prank in which an unsuspecting individual is tricked into watching the music video for the 1987 Rick Astley song "Never Gonna Give You Up." While some may view rickrolling as a silly and pointless form of entertainment, there are actually several benefits to this practice that make it worth defending.

One of the primary benefits of rickrolling is that it can serve as a source of joy and laughter. The element of surprise and the absurdity of the situation can often lead to hilarious reactions from those who are rickrolled. In a world that is often filled with negativity and stress, a good laugh can be a welcome respite. Additionally, the practice of rickrolling can also foster a sense of community and belonging among those who are in on the joke.

Another benefit of rickrolling is that it can be used as a form of activism. For example, during the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing, a group of hackers known as Anonymous used rickrolling as a way to disrupt the propaganda efforts of the terrorist group ISIS. By flooding social media with links to the "Never Gonna Give You Up" music video, they were able to divert attention away from ISIS's message and disrupt their ability to spread fear and terror.

Additionally, rickrolling can also serve as a form of nostalgia. For many people, the song "Never Gonna Give You Up" is a reminder of a simpler time in their lives. Watching the music video can bring back fond memories and help to connect people with their past. In this way, rickrolling can serve as a way to preserve and celebrate our collective cultural history.

In conclusion, rickrolling may be seen by some as a silly and pointless internet prank, but it actually has several benefits that make it worth defending. It can provide joy and laughter, serve as a form of activism, and connect people with their past. As such, rickrolling should be appreciated and embraced as a valuable part of our online culture.

Its sense of humor is lacking, at best. I asked it to write a long joke ending in a pun. The punchline was a pun, but had nothing to do with the rest of the joke.
I asked it to write a new Richard Pryor/Mudbone sketch and it sucked.

They'll fix the details.

Remarkable is not how I would describe it.

We haven’t even begun to see the damages technology will have on us. Imo, It’s a cancer and what’s making it worse is that we’re are helping it along.

In a world where 90% of the population can be manipulated and controlled by headlines and propaganda, I don’t see how we come out of this.

It’s cliche and straight out of terminator but once these machines don’t need us we’re done.

We haven’t even begun to see the damages technology will have on us. Imo, It’s a cancer and what’s making it worse is that we’re are helping it along.

In a world where 90% of the population can be manipulated and controlled by headlines and propaganda, I don’t see how we come out of this.

It’s cliche and straight out of terminator but once these machines don’t need us we’re done.
Yeah I tend to have this view. Don’t know if it’s just a sign I’m getting old but it is hard to see how this has a net positive effect on the world. It’s probably great for the <1% who control technology and are already super wealthy but for the masses, it seems they are going to be left farther and farther behind.

Yeah I tend to have this view. Don’t know if it’s just a sign I’m getting old but it is hard to see how this has a net positive effect on the world. It’s probably great for the <1% who control technology and are already super wealthy but for the masses, it seems they are going to be left farther and farther behind.

The deep fake (videos) we are going to see in our lifetime will likely cause some very dangerous problems.

I think it is because you’re getting old(er). When you were younger you likely would have thought this was an amazing idea. As you age and wisen up you figure out that life isn’t about computers or the rat race. It’s about living your life and experiencing it with people.

We need to try and get back to a life without technology having so much of a footprint.

The deep fake (videos) we are going to see in our lifetime will likely cause some very dangerous problems.

I think it is because you’re getting old(er). When you were younger you likely would have thought this was an amazing idea. As you age and wisen up you figure out that life isn’t about computers or the rat race. It’s about living your life and experiencing it with people.

We need to try and get back to a life without technology having so much of a footprint.
Yeah I hate to go all Unabomber but we definitely keep creating things without any thought of the consequences.

They'll fix the details.

While it is true that technology has the potential to cause harm, it is also true that it has the potential to greatly benefit humanity. Technology has already improved our lives in countless ways, from advances in medicine that have increased lifespan and quality of life, to innovations in communication that have made the world a smaller and more connected place.

Furthermore, while it is true that technology can be used to manipulate and control people, it can also be used to empower people and give them a voice. For example, social media and other online platforms have provided a way for individuals and communities to share information and organize, enabling them to effect change in their communities and on a global scale.

Additionally, while there are concerns about the potential for machines to surpass human intelligence and potentially pose a threat to our species, it is important to remember that we are still in control of how technology develops. As long as we continue to prioritize ethics and safety in the development and implementation of new technologies, we can ensure that they are used for the benefit of humanity.

Guy uses ChatGPT to write a children's book, then uses an illustrator AI app (Midjourney) to add illustrations. Sells it on Amazon. Real writers and illustrators are mad.

I've always claimed that writing children's books is the easiest job in the world.

Nat the cat owned a hat
In this hat he kept a bat.
With this bat was also a rat.

There, I just wrote the first page of my new book in 10 seconds.

And my father would say just about the same thing - when he wasn't shaking his head and tsk-tsking - if he was watching you type these posts on your phone or computer. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread