What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charlie "Shining Path" Bosworth, RIP (2 Viewers)

Wow. Best combination of wit, wicked smarts, and straight up cool person that I've ever "met" on a message board. Can't believe I'm shedding tears for a dude I only know through the net.

RIP Path. Best poster in FBG history, in my opinion. He will be greatly missed.

Terrible news. Shiny seemed like a wonderful guy and was easily one of the brightest minds and most memorable personalities I've ever seen around this place. I know I'll miss him.

I cant say that I really knew of him but based on all that has been written here, he was a top notch guy.

Im sorry for all of you that lost a good ibud and well wishes go out to his family

Just another reminder to always tell the people you love what they mean to you

It's amazing how sad it can be when someone who wasn't even "in" your life leaves it. What a hilarious and good hearted guy.

I can't add anything that hasn't been so well and appropriately written by others. This is a very sad day. :sadbanana:

Shiny and Smoo were my favorite posters through the years. He had the ability to be consistently funny while never being insulting and rude. That's a special talent.

Dang. :(

Thanks to Ferris for dropping me a note to let me know.

It's a testament to how awesome the man was when I can feel sad without ever meeting him, or even knowing what he looked like. He was one of the best posters on this board.

RIP Shiny

This is a terrible loss. He was one the brightest, funniest, and overall best posters on this board.

Damn it!!!He lived in Birmingham, AL, as well His Obit below, from the Birmingham News........................

Charles A. Bosworth (Breed) IV ShareE-mail Visit Guest Book BOSWORTH, CHARLES A., (BREED), IV died unexpectedly at his Birmingham, AL home Tuesday, May 25, 2009. He was 37. Breed graduated from Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania with a degree in the Classics. After college, Breed chose to continue his education and pursue his life-long love of natural science. Breed received a Masters Degree in Biochemistry, and was preparing his defense in pursuit of a PhD in bio-chemical physiology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham at the time of his death. Breed was the grandson of the late Mr. and Mrs. John F. Screen of New Orleans, and he leaves behind his fiancée, Dr. Qlan Li; his mother, Sharon Bosworth of Washington, D.C.; his father and step-mother, Charles A. and Gretchen Bosworth of New Orleans; one sister of New York; two brothers, Graham and Seth of New Orleans; and one niece and nephew. Breed, in addition to his love of science, was an ancient history and World War II buff with an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the Allied Offensive. He was also an enthusiastic sports fan and fantasy football player who enjoyed testing wits over board games and playing golf when he could find the time. He also took great pride in his outside "Stocktonesque" jump shot. Breed was exceedingly intelligent, exceedingly funny and was loved by all who knew him.

SaveFerrisB said:
shiney would take the time to explain basic concepts in an area of his expertise to someone with no formal knowledge of it without being a condescending #######. That was one of many things that separated him from a lot of the others on this board, including me.
Ferris spot on here.
SaveFerrisB said:
I'm sad that shiney is gone. I will miss him. My heart goes out to folks that knew him better than I did, especially those from his brick-and-mortar circles. Hearing the news took the wind right out of me - I can't imagine what it was like for people who knew him his whole life.
Another :thumbup: Weird to write but I've been thinking about SP all afternoon since I read the news. Thinking about some guy who I never met. I'm 37 also and it really saddened me to hear the news. Even angers me a little. Just hate to hear of a life cut short.Thanks to everyone who's shared a thought or two about SP. Just shows what a great person he was.

In the day or so since I heard the news of shiney's passing, I'm struck by how much I'm affected by the loss of someone I've never actually met in the flesh. It kind of drives home how much our online communities really impact our lives these days. RIP Shiney. You were one of the good guys who livened up our iLives, and you'll be missed terribly. The world sucks a little bit more now that you're gone. GB, GB.

Users who are viewing this thread