What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charity Music Draft - Theme 1 (2 Viewers)

Sort of missed this draft but figure I will let it go by. Great idea, great participants. This is really well done in its conception. 

1.10 Mo Money Mo Problems by Notorious BIG, Mase and Diddy

Now, who's hot, who not?
Tell me who rock, who sell out in the stores?
You tell me who flopped, who copped the blue drop?
Whose jewels got rocks?
Who's mostly Dolce down to the tube sock?
Great song. A perfect choice. Makes me think of winter because I remember I wrote my own bars to this beat and was rockin' one night outside, a group (for some reason letting me roc a fictional mic) huddled together, me spitting bars to this. It was a fun thing to do, and I won't soon forget the people humoring me. 

Oh yeah, Stevie is perfect, too, but he's perfect for anything. Love it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sort of missed this draft but figure I will let it go by. Great idea, great participants. This is really well done in its conception. 

Great song. A perfect choice. Makes me think of winter because I remember I wrote my own bars to this beat and was rockin' one night outside, a group (for some reason letting me roc a fictional mic) huddled together, me spitting bars to this. It was a fun thing to do, and I won't soon forget the people humoring me. 

Captain Cranks can confirm, but I think you'd be able to participate starting with the second theme (next week).  :)  

There's three more themes for the coming weeks.  You can jump in. 

Actually, I'm going to make an executive call and throw you into this one if you want.
No, that's really okay. I only said something so people would know I wasn't looking to jump in. I'll sit it out. You guys have it all planned. I just want to comment and join the vibe. 

Thanks again, Captain. I really appreciate it. 

So, I was wasn't a fiscally responsible lad. But I know what happened when I got paid, mother####ers!

Well, it's Saturday night, and I just got paid
Fool about my money, don't try to save
My heart says go, go, have a time
'Cause it's Saturday night, and I'm feelin' fine

I'm gonna rock it up, I'm gonna rip it up
I'm gonna shake it up, gonna ball it up
I'm gonna rock it up, and ball tonight

"Rip It Up" - Little Richard

I don't believe you.  ;)

Back-up pick for OH:

Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up

better pick. and it's not close.

one of my comedy mentors, the late great Ken Shapiro, spent more to license this song for his Groove Tube movie than any other aspect of the budget. and it was a master stroke - it becomes subliminally obvious that what motivates ALL funny white boys is the inadequacy based upon the realization that nothing we can do will make us one tenth as cool as Curtis Mayfield. nufced

By the way, I find people @ing those up confusing in this draft, since the picks can't be made until the timeslot unless everyone is caught up.  I think @ing the next person might give them the misimpression that they can go ahead and select.  

By the way, I find people @ing those up confusing in this draft, since the picks can't be made until the timeslot unless everyone is caught up.  I think @ing the next person might give them the misimpression that they can go ahead and select.  

yeah, if you @ somebody you should add their timeslot to avoid confusion.

So, I was wasn't a fiscally responsible lad. But I know what happened when I got paid, mother####ers!

Well, it's Saturday night, and I just got paid
Fool about my money, don't try to save
My heart says go, go, have a time
'Cause it's Saturday night, and I'm feelin' fine

I'm gonna rock it up, I'm gonna rip it up
I'm gonna shake it up, gonna ball it up
I'm gonna rock it up, and ball tonight

"Rip It Up" - Little Richard

Technically you jumped in early here and needed to await your timeslot.  (See my question about it above, etc.)  No harm since no one else that had been skipped has come back in yet, but just to avoid confusion.

Krista brings up a good issue which I'm personally torn on.  If someone is skipped, does that force everyone to wait for their timeslot?  For the sake of fairness it's probably best to wait so that the whole draft doesn't move past them and they only fall behind according to the schedule.  

Krista brings up a good issue which I'm personally torn on.  If someone is skipped, does that force everyone to wait for their timeslot?  For the sake of fairness it's probably best to wait so that the whole draft doesn't move past them and they only fall behind according to the schedule.  
This was how I interpreted it in the first place. I say we just stick with our slot and that makes it easiest to follow - but some level of chaos is always good also. 😀

I dunno.  I'm kind of a believer in you snooze, you lose.  

Think this has to be the rule now anyway, since that's how it's been played.  If we were doing it the other way, then I demand that weasel turn "Just Got Paid" over to OH since I only waited because I was told that was the rule.  :lol:

(I'm kidding about that last bit, of course.)

Think this has to be the rule now anyway, since that's how it's been played.  If we were doing it the other way, then I demand that weasel turn "Just Got Paid" over to OH since I only waited because I was told that was the rule.  :lol:

(I'm kidding about that last bit, of course.)
Yup, you're right.  And if anything that proved why we should wait since he did have first dibs until it was OH's timeslot.  

Yup, you're right.  And if anything that proved why we should wait since he did have first dibs until it was OH's timeslot.  

Yeah, I was bummed for OH*, but it seems like the draft will become more chaotic and somewhat unfair if you did it differently.

*I should say, by the way, that OH will NOT care.  He doesn't take competitions seriously like I do.  And he'll inevitably choose some off-the-wall song or two that won't put him in the running to win, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread