What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chad #85 to Dolphins (1 Viewer)

Childress

Footballguy
One year deal....

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Per league source, Chad Ochocinco has indeed signed a one-year deal with the Dolphins.

Mike Clay ‏@MikeClayNFL

Assuming Ochocinco can learn the offense, the most likely scenario is Hartline and Ocho on the outside, Bess in the slot. #Dolphins

Chad Parsons ‏@PFF_ChadParsons

Ochocinco to #Dolphins: Short-term value w/ low WR2 upside on potential volume alone. Dampens Bess' upside as sneaky WR3/4 in PPR IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
If 85 couldn't get it going with Brady throwing the ball, is Moore/Tannehill the answer? I'd be surprised if he makes the team.

Chad Parsons ‏@PFF_ChadParsonsOchocinco to #Dolphins: Short-term value w/ low WR2 upside on potential volume alone. Dampens Bess' upside as sneaky WR3/4 in PPR IMO
Who is Chad Parsons and why would he say this? I agree with the other posters in this thread. Chad will be lucky to make the team and I don't believe he will be more valuable than Bess if he does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chad Parsons ‏@PFF_ChadParsonsOchocinco to #Dolphins: Short-term value w/ low WR2 upside on potential volume alone. Dampens Bess' upside as sneaky WR3/4 in PPR IMO
Who is Chad Parsons and why would he say this? I agree with the other posters in this thread. Chad will be lucky to make the team and I don't believe he will be more valuable than Bess if he does.
Actually, I think he is dead-on. No one has said Ocho is in poor physical shape...just that he did not pick up the playbook for the Pats (and many have not been able to in the past). Who does he have in his way? A very poor man's Ed McCaffrey and a run-of-the-mill possession receiver? Not saying he will even be the leading receiver on the team (that likely will still be Bess), but for him not to make the team due to the blossoming WR corps in Miami...no way. Chad just needs to know whether to go straight, slant, left or right. Lucky for him, Tannehill will likely just be able to digest those routes in training camp.

Published Mon Jun 11 9:35:49 p.m. CT 2012

(RotoWire) Garrard is ahead in the QB competition, according to the Florida South Sun-Sentinel.

I think getting away from Brady should be looked at as a positive.

Brady had the "skins on the wall" to do what he wanted, throw where he wanted, etc.

If I'm one of the Miami QBs I could see latching on to Ocho as someone who will at least speak out in your favor. Far fetched perhaps, but I could see Tannehill getting starry-eyed over 85.

I think getting away from Brady should be looked at as a positive. Brady had the "skins on the wall" to do what he wanted, throw where he wanted, etc.If I'm one of the Miami QBs I could see latching on to Ocho as someone who will at least speak out in your favor. Far fetched perhaps, but I could see Tannehill getting starry-eyed over 85.
85 doesn't know how to run a disciplined route. End of story.

If 85 couldn't get it going with Brady throwing the ball, is Moore/Tannehill the answer? I'd be surprised if he makes the team.
The QB doesn't matter that much when you're standing on the sidelines.
This. Chad can still play... he just couldn't learn Belichick's offense. Hell, he couldn't learn the offense in Cincy... difference is Bill wouldn't let him play because of it.

he might be done but he is surely an upgrade over most of the other WRs on the team. he's not bess but then he's likely not going to be asked what bess does. he can be vet to help the young and unproven talent on the team. if he can keep the distractions to a minimum then he can help this team. from a fantasy perspective, he doesn't hurt bess or bush - who will lead the team in receptions - but it certainly is an indictment of the other WRs on the team.

he might be done but he is surely an upgrade over most of the other WRs on the team. he's not bess but then he's likely not going to be asked what bess does. he can be vet to help the young and unproven talent on the team. if he can keep the distractions to a minimum then he can help this team. from a fantasy perspective, he doesn't hurt bess or bush - who will lead the team in receptions - but it certainly is an indictment of the other WRs on the team.
If anything he'll hurt it, IMO. I don't see him as anything outside of a guy to laugh at. 4 years ago he was a WR, now he's an entertainer...

Ocho's main problem was learning the offense ... does anyone think Philbin's offense is going to be any easier? I would be shocked if he had over 400 yards this year.

Might serve as some deserved humble pie for him to go from the media giant New England to Miami. Ocho sees life as a petulant, crafty game without any rules. If he can't be reasoned out of his prejudices, he must be laughed out of them. If he can't be argued out of his selfishness, he must be shamed out of it.

'saintfool said:
When people are talking about Bess as the best receiver on the team, said team needs major help. He's a cheap flyer for MIA and should be considered the same for FF purposes, assuming he makes the cut.

'butcher boy said:
Might serve as some deserved humble pie for him to go from the media giant New England to Miami. Ocho sees life as a petulant, crafty game without any rules. If he can't be reasoned out of his prejudices, he must be laughed out of them. If he can't be argued out of his selfishness, he must be shamed out of it.
Boy I think you're off base on Ocho.

He's not a bad guy but not the type of guy I woud want to bring into a rebuilding team...just too many distractions and not worth it for a guy on the downside of his career...also, I would not be surprised one bit if he signed with Miami because they are on Hard Knocks...the guy sees himself as an entertainer and he now has a vehicle...

'butcher boy said:
Boy I think you're off base on Ocho.
I don't think so. The only fallacy of my argument was that he apparantly is simply going from one media whorehouse to the next, which is typical of his behavior. It seems he has entirely too much time on his hands, given how often he tries to pamper the more unscrupulous of us. Everybody is probably familiar with the cliche that I have observed increasing activity by him and his entourage to find a pretext for leading us lemmings over the precipice of self-destruction. Now, Hard Knocks provides him with yet another venue for such things.

It was only 2009 that Ochocinco was still a very good receiver. That year, in fact, he led the league in percentage of team receiving yards. In 2010 Owens became the #1 WR, and last year he was lost on the Pats.

Is he washed up? It seems like he's still in great shape. Maybe he's not necessarily putting the time in to maintain his elite football skills, but he seems to be physically capable. 2009 wasn't that long ago. 34 isn't that old -- remember Joey Galloway had a bounce back season at that age in Tampa.

I certainly would take a flier on him. Miami's weapons are terrible and they're going to be passing frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread