What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can you negotiate with DirecTV? (1 Viewer)

I got my GC, but some of the credits appear to be missing from my bill.  Also they never refunded me for the ST Max payments that were already made on auto-rebill that they said they would.  Not looking forward to the call to sort this all out.

for those that haven't received the gift card, here is what i had to do.

i called direct tv, retention department.  here's what they told me.

call 800 288 9983.  this is visa, the reward card department.  you will need your direct tv act number.  they look up your account and will send out the card after verifying that you are due to receive one.  i was on hold for 15 minutes or so, but the conversation with visa took less than 5 minutes.  up to 3 weeks to generate and process.

i still haven't received it, but it should arrive this week or next.
 here's the gift card info again, for those that still haven't gotten theirs.

i received it in the first week of november

Does anyone watch NFL Sunday Ticket anymore?  Next time I negotiate I am going to ask for something other than the ticket.  I haven't watched a game this year. 

Another call today, and this time I was told my GC was approved and will be mailed next week. I suspect Ill be calling in 2 weeks again.
Holy crap...just got an email fron DTV saying my gift card has been mailed. It only took 3 and a half months and about 5 phone calls to actually get it.

Does anyone watch NFL Sunday Ticket anymore?  Next time I negotiate I am going to ask for something other than the ticket.  I haven't watched a game this year. 
I feel like being able to get RedZone alone would be so much better. For me, I get all the Redskins games anyway. Sunday Ticket is nice, but no way I would ever pay for it. If they just offered RedZone by itself, I'd be all over that. All the cable companies offer it, but not DTV.

So, anyone else thinking about making the switch to Directv Now? The package with all the channels I need is still $30 less than my lowest bill and I'm out of contract right now. My only concern is my wonderful Comcast data cap.

So, anyone else thinking about making the switch to Directv Now? The package with all the channels I need is still $30 less than my lowest bill and I'm out of contract right now. My only concern is my wonderful Comcast data cap.
Thinking about it. I pay $83/month right now for Ultimate. I could get the highest DTV Now package and only pay $35/month and then if I want HBO, it's only an additional $5/month. The things holding me back are that they don't have all the local channels and you can only watch 2 streams at a time.

Thinking about it. I pay $83/month right now for Ultimate. I could get the highest DTV Now package and only pay $35/month and then if I want HBO, it's only an additional $5/month. The things holding me back are that they don't have all the local channels and you can only watch 2 streams at a time.
I saw something about being able to watch the local channels (except CBS) on demand the next day.

I saw something about being able to watch the local channels (except CBS) on demand the next day.
I think I'd be able to get the local NBC channel (DC area). I'd want at least one local channel for local news and such, especially during a winter storm or hurricane or what not.

got into it with them over the weekend. Only been a customer for 7mos. and while the TV service is good, on par with my former cable company. But the app streaming absolutely sucks balls.

Anyway, we grabbed a 4K TV over black friday. So we called to change out my box from the regular one to the 4K capable one. I have the ultimate package so apparently the 4K service is included with my package, but they wanted to charge me $300 to get the new box. Then to make it worse, I needed a $99 4K mini genie b/c the 4K main box doesn't actually connect to the TV.  I was like WTF??? 

So you mean to tell me that i've been paying for 4K service for 7 months, but in order to access it I need to spend $400 in hardware upgrades??!! Well after 3 different operators (1 who barely spoke English) we finally got a manager who gave us the main box for free, and told us we don't need the mini b/c the TV (Samsung) has a 4K DTV box built into it.

Unreal.

johnnyrock62000 said:
But without a DVR it's not a great option no matter how old you are. 
Vue currently has DVR for up to 30 days and both direct now and sling are looking to have it in 2017. 

Saw the site is live now. Anyone had a full channel lineup? I wanted to look around and see what channels they had and such but couldn't find anything.

After my 3 free months of movie channels expired I called to see if they had any deals and they told me to call back in a couple of weeks. Apparently to get deals they want one month paid at full price (53.99). Called back at the time suggested and got $22 month off for 6 months. Was just going to keep HBO but no deals just for that. 31.99 for all the movies channels is pretty good I guess. Another $132 savings added on to original deal savings.

https://slickdeals.net/f/9462023-starts-11-30-16-free-apple-tv-with-sign-up-of-directv-now-for-3-months-prepaid-and-go-big-package-100-channels-for-35-hbo-cinemax-extra-5-each 

DirecTV Now.com offers 3-Months of their Go Big 100+ Channel Streaming TV Subscription Package + Bonus 32GB Apple TV (4th Gen) for $105 ($35 per month). Thanks manjeetsc

Alternatively, they offer 1-Month of their Go Big 100+ Channel Streaming TV Subscription Package + Bonus Amazon Fire TV Stick for $35 ($35 per month). Thanks brett_lindsey [Discuss]

Note, you must prepay for 3-months to receive a free 32GB Apple TV (4th Gen) device.

1. Click this link here to redeem & stream

• Otherwise, sign-up here and download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play
DirecTV Now will be available at launch through the following:

• Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
  • Android mobile devices and tablets
  • iPhone, iPad and Apple TV
  • Chromecast (Android at launch; iOS in 2017)
  • Google Cast-enabled LeEco ecotvs and VIZIO SmartCast Displays
  • Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari web browsers

After my 3 free months of movie channels expired I called to see if they had any deals and they told me to call back in a couple of weeks. Apparently to get deals they want one month paid at full price (53.99). Called back at the time suggested and got $22 month off for 6 months. Was just going to keep HBO but no deals just for that. 31.99 for all the movies channels is pretty good I guess. Another $132 savings added on to original deal savings.
I wouldn't put this in the Savings category. They lured you into paying an extra $191.94 over six months. 

My mom was a shopper. She would say things like, "I got 75% off this dress and saved $150." 

Me: You paid $50 for a dress you didn't need. 

johnnyrock62000 said:
I wouldn't put this in the Savings category. They lured you into paying an extra $191.94 over six months. 

My mom was a shopper. She would say things like, "I got 75% off this dress and saved $150." 

Me: You paid $50 for a dress you didn't need. 
Yeah i know but i was going to keep HBO anyways. What's that like $18 a month? So they got me for 14x6 = $64 for couple of movies and skinemax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like they're going to get back that $100 you think you just saved:

Many cable companies and satellite services, such as DirecTV, are raising their costs.

Yesterday DirecTV announced its bills will go up between $2 and $8 a month on January 22, 2017. That may not seem like a lot, but $8 a month is $96—almost the cost of a year of Hulu or Amazon Prime. Over the lifetime of a two-year contract that is an extra $192.

DirecTV is also raising its regional sports channel fee to $2.56 per month. (That is an extra charge on top of the bill that is advertised.)

DirecTV says the price increases are because of “the higher cost of programing.” It is an interesting move to announce this price increase less than a month after it launches its new live TV streaming service DirecTV Now. One has to wonder if DirecTV is pushing people to the new streaming service or if it is just bad timing.

So today was the first time I streamed Sunday Ticket on my computer.  Incredibly annoying that the little instant highlight thing pops up big plays, even for the game you're watching, before they happen on the ST stream.

So I'm watching the Cardinals line up for an extra point and then the bottom of the screen says "Instant highlight - Catanzaro XP blocked and returned for 2 points" a few seconds before the snap of that play actually happens.

Really stupid.

My picture freezes alot. It started as an occassional annoyance and has gotten worse and worse. It happens with live TV and DVR recordings. It happens on multiple TVs. I've tried to reboot my box and it doesn't really help. Any tips on other things i can do before getting a tech to come out?

So today was the first time I streamed Sunday Ticket on my computer.  Incredibly annoying that the little instant highlight thing pops up big plays, even for the game you're watching, before they happen on the ST stream.

So I'm watching the Cardinals line up for an extra point and then the bottom of the screen says "Instant highlight - Catanzaro XP blocked and returned for 2 points" a few seconds before the snap of that play actually happens.

Really stupid.
Oh that sucks!

Signed up a for Directv Now a few days ago and prepaid to get the Apple TV, which is supposed to be here tomorrow. My kids will miss the DVR for now, but they'll live. The price is just too good to not give it a spin.

I thought at a minimum they would match Amazon's price of HBO now for $15, but no:

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Hello! Thanks for choosing DIRECTV Chat.[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Thank you for contacting us at ATT-DIRECTV.com online services, My name is Alice.[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Otis[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Hi - do you have any deals running for HBO?[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Hello, I can help you with the offers for the HBO.[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Meanwhile, may I have a mobile number that we may reach you via phone or text with information about your AT&T-DIRECTV services?[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Otis[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] No, I decline promotional contact[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Sure, I requested your number to pull up the account.[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Can you please me with the DIRECTV account number?[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Otis[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] I'm logged in, can't you get it?[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] I am sorry we don't have an option to check the account number, due to security unless you provide it.[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Otis[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] xxxx6[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Thank you.[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] While I take a look at your account, how has been your day so far?[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Otis[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] fine, yours[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] I am doing awesome, my day started with your first chat![/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Otis[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] sounds good. hopefully you can successfully help me out[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Sure, I will try my best to help you on this Otis.[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Your patience is greatly appreciated.[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Otis, I can offer you HBO for $17.99 on the account right now. I see that right now we don't have half price offers on it.[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Otis[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Well I'm currently getting HBO now on Amazon for $15, surely you can do better than that, right?[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Yes, we can add HBO for $12 for you and right now the offer i not available on the account and once it is available we will let you know through email.[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Otis[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] ...i'm confused, when will it go into effect?[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] I am sorry for the confusion, I see that right now on the account I can offer you HBO for $17.99 and we might have offers in future and help you add that for $12 only and once the offer is available we will let you know.[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Otis[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] OK, Well it doesn't make any sense for me to do that. I'm just going to keep my Amazon for $15. Can you please set the alert to let me know when you have it available for $12[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Sure, I can make a notes on the account about this.[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Otis[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] ok, thx[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] You're most welcome, I love customers that are polite like you, they make my days at work very good I appreciate it.[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] I am sorry I am unable to fix the primary concern, however is there anything else I can help you with today?[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Otis[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] nope, thx[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] You have been such an amazing and kind customer. It was a pleasure helping you today.[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=8.5pt]Alice[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt] Merry Christmas![/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][/SIZE]

My picture freezes alot. It started as an occassional annoyance and has gotten worse and worse. It happens with live TV and DVR recordings. It happens on multiple TVs. I've tried to reboot my box and it doesn't really help. Any tips on other things i can do before getting a tech to come out?
This has started happening with mine too where it freezes for 3-5 seconds about every ten minutes. I've called DirectTV several times, reset the box manually, had the service guy reset it from his end and even had a new DVR sent out, but nothing has fixed the issue. I suppose the only thing to do to solve it is get a tech to come out to check the dish.

buyer beware...Direct tv has been losing local channels over a fee dispute 

Im in Boston and cant get FOX 25 or Channel 5 

F`n pissd

Just called and put in an order to cancel. They offered me a 20 dollar credit.

I doubled down thinking they would increase the offer. I scheduled cancellation for next Sunday. Said "If I need to buy antennas for 2 locals, i might as well go all the way."

Welp they went ahead with scheduling the cancel.

We'll see if they counter with anything else.

I scheduled a cancel date and they called back a week later and gave me...

$47 off my monthly bill for a year

Free nfl ticket max for next season.

My wife and I are planning on moving in a few months so I mentioned concern of not being able to get a signal at our next place. 

He talked to his manager and threw on free moving installation and the $200 prepaid visa. 

If you're looking for the gift card maybe mention a potential move in a few months. 

Users who are viewing this thread