What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (2 Viewers)

Got an Amazon delivery today but the wrong item got left on my porch. Why do they want to charge me $7.99 to have them come pick it up? The only free options are to go drop it off at a UPS or Amazon store. It should'nt cost any of my time or money to fix their mistake. I should just be able to leave the item on my porch and have the driver take it when delivering the correct item.

really hate to hear they have started this ...man nothing good lasts very long

it's just going to get worse from here - now they have so much market power, they'll start ripping out all the critical pieces that made them who they are

just like Southwest Airlines - they were cheaper, but better service, and their Frequent Flyer program was incredible - no more, any of it ...but it went away piece by piece

sooooooo......my wife wanted me to post his here. :lmao: :mellow:

she's tired of the employees of various stores, parking in the very front rows of their parking lots. think the grocery store, kohls, cvs, any strip mall type place. she was so fed up that she called a store where she knew the car, in the first spot, closest to the store, belonged to the woman who works their every day. she let the manager know. the manager DID. NOT. CARE. made my wife even more incensed. :lmao:

Specific to this and other football forums: People who refer to James and Dalvin Cook as "Cooks" and/or refer to Brandin Cooks as "Cook".
That can't be as bad as "Joe Burrows".
that's Joe Burreaux to you! :lol:
That's absolutely correct. Joe Burreauxs would also be unacceptable.
Joe Boroughs down?

The insurance “replay” commercial with the sunroof bugs me because the outcome is clearly wrong.

The wife, in the driver’s seat, blames the husband for leaving the sunroof open, and the “replay” confirms that the husband opened it.

Doesn’t matter who opened it. If you’re the driver, that’s always 100% your fault, lady.

The insurance “replay” commercial with the sunroof bugs me because the outcome is clearly wrong.

The wife, in the driver’s seat, blames the husband for leaving the sunroof open, and the “replay” confirms that the husband opened it.

Doesn’t matter who opened it. If you’re the driver, that’s always 100% your fault, lady.
Our car lets us know if the sunroof is still open when we turn it off.

she's tired of the employees of various stores, parking in the very front rows of their parking lots. think the grocery store, kohls, cvs, any strip mall type place. she was so fed up that she called a store where she knew the car, in the first spot, closest to the store, belonged to the woman who works their every day. she let the manager know. the manager DID. NOT. CARE. made my wife even more incensed. :lmao:
There's a little deli downtown where we live, fantastic food and very popular lunchtime place. There's a tiny parking lot (if you can call it that) that holds 4 vehicles, otherwise you have to find street parking and may have to walk a couple of blocks. There's one early 20's girl that works the counter taking orders, and my wife commented one day that whoever drives the red car must be super lucky to always manage to get one of the 4 spots everytime we come. The girl was very chipper in her "oh that's mine" response, and now my wife refuses to eat there because the owner obviously doesn't care about their customers since they condone this.

There's a little deli downtown where we live, fantastic food and very popular lunchtime place. There's a tiny parking lot (if you can call it that) that holds 4 vehicles, otherwise you have to find street parking and may have to walk a couple of blocks. There's one early 20's girl that works the counter taking orders, and my wife commented one day that whoever drives the red car must be super lucky to always manage to get one of the 4 spots everytime we come. The girl was very chipper in her "oh that's mine" response, and now my wife refuses to eat there because the owner obviously doesn't care about their customers since they condone this.
My wife says thank you! And don’t you ever give them another dime of your money. 😂

I agree with the wife

See I think I have a different answer for this one......

Found a new local bagel place I didn't know about yet.

I order three bagels. I say right away I want three bagels, not sliced, not toasted, one blueberry, one sesame, and one everything.

Cashier just looks at me. So I repeat one blueberry, one everything, and one sesame bagel.

Stares at me and asks how many other bagels do I want. None. Just three.

Oh ok, repeats back, one...one... Waiting for me to complete. I say one blueberry.

"What else"

One sesame.

"What else"

One everything.

"What else"

That's it. All untoasted, unsliced. Just three bagels in a bag.

I pay. Get my receipt. Now most bagel places would just mediately get my order for me since it is fast. It's like at Starbucks when you order a pastry they can quick grab and give to you. No reason to fill up the queue.

But no. Here I have to wait. And wait. And wait. Finally I speak up. Woman takes my ticket. Goes to front grabs bagels hands me the bag. I walk out and think wow these bagels are dense. So I look in the bag and I now have 4 everything bagels.

Whole reason for stopping was to get my daughter a blueberry bagel. So I go back in. Tell a different worker that speaks English what happened. He takes my bag, calls over the same worker that already messed it up and she goes back to the bins. She puts the everything bagels back in the bin!!! Then grabs me a plain, an oat, and a blueberry.

I took the oat and the plain set it on the counter and left.

Needless to say, never going there again.

Well?

Well?
Small mom and pop place - No ample parking for worker and the only worker - they shouldn't have to street park if they are working a 6-8 hour shift. (is the street free? )

Strip mall/target where its multiple employees, larger number of employees they should park away from the store.

Well?
Small mom and pop place - No ample parking for worker and the only worker - they shouldn't have to street park if they are working a 6-8 hour shift. (is the street free? )

Strip mall/target where its multiple employees, larger number of employees they should park away from the store.
Street parking is free here, as long as you can parallel park. And there's no other businesses (to compete with for street parking) for at least a full block in either direction. I don't think I've ever had to walk more than 50-60 yards from where I parked to the deli. Most of their traffic comes from the various lawyer offices and the courthouse which is 3-4 blocks away, they just walk to it.

I still eat there all the time, just with coworkers instead.

I order three bagels. I say right away I want three bagels, not sliced, not toasted, one blueberry, one sesame, and one everything.

Cashier just looks at me. So I repeat one blueberry, one everything, and one sesame bagel.

Oh ok, repeats back, one...one... Waiting for me to complete. I say one blueberry.

"What else"

One sesame.

"What else"

One everything.

"What else"

I pay. Get my receipt. Now most bagel places would just mediately get my order for me since it is fast. It's like at Starbucks when you order a pastry they can quick grab and give to you. No reason to fill up the queue.

But no. Here I have to wait. And wait. And wait. Finally I speak up. Woman takes my ticket. Goes to front grabs bagels hands me the bag. I walk out and think wow these bagels are dense. So I look in the bag and I now have 4 everything bagels.

Whole reason for stopping was to get my daughter a blueberry bagel. So I go back in. Tell a different worker that speaks English what happened. He takes my bag, calls over the same worker that already messed it up and she goes back to the bins. She puts the everything bagels back in the bin!!! Then grabs me a plain, an oat, and a blueberry.

My pet peeve: People who eat blueberry bagels

Anyone else have this problem recently: We buy milk (generally a half gallon), keep it in the fridge the entire time, and it ends up going bad a week or more before the date on the carton? This happened twice at Publix in the last couple months, and then just happened again today with a carton from Whole Foods (exp 10/31). I told my wife we may have to start buying the Horizon ultra-pasteurized stuff that has an expiration date in like 2027 just to ensure it doesn't keep happening. (On the other hand, as long as you're willing to go back to the store before the expiration date, you can basically get 2/3 of a carton of free milk.)

I asked my wife, who used to work in the grocery business, what she thinks is happening, and she said the stores don't do a good job of storing the milk before it goes out on the refrigerated shelf, which speeds up the expiration date. Still, I can never remember this happening in the past, and all of a sudden it's been three times in as many months

Anyone else have this problem recently: We buy milk (generally a half gallon), keep it in the fridge the entire time, and it ends up going bad a week or more before the date on the carton? This happened twice at Publix in the last couple months, and then just happened again today with a carton from Whole Foods (exp 10/31). I told my wife we may have to start buying the Horizon ultra-pasteurized stuff that has an expiration date in like 2027 just to ensure it doesn't keep happening. (On the other hand, as long as you're willing to go back to the store before the expiration date, you can basically get 2/3 of a carton of free milk.)

I asked my wife, who used to work in the grocery business, what she thinks is happening, and she said the stores don't do a good job of storing the milk before it goes out on the refrigerated shelf, which speeds up the expiration date. Still, I can never remember this happening in the past, and all of a sudden it's been three times in as many months
Fridge starting to go out? Did the temp get accidentally changed? I would bump the temp down a degree or two and see if that helps.

I only use milk when a recipe calls for it, so I’ve been buying the pints of the ultrapasteruized stuff so less goes to waste.

Edit: and by “recipe” I really mean when my son makes a box of mac and cheese, lol.

"What else"

One sesame.

"What else"

One everything.

"What else"

I agree, also cinnamon raisin. If you want sweet, get a donut.

Meh, if you aren’t disabled, first come, first served.

And really, how much effort is it to walk across a parking lot?

To be fair, I intentionally park at the first available spot, no matter how far away, to avoid waiting/jockeying for spaces. I always tell my wife it’s free exercise.

"What else"

One sesame.

"What else"

One everything.

"What else"

She is 6. How about you both go eat some ****?

"What else"

One sesame.

"What else"

One everything.

"What else"

:lmao:
I'm just impressed if she doesn't complain if the everything bagel is in the same bag as her blueberry one. Those everythings have a way of stinking up the other bagels in a bag and should be kept separate IMHO.

"What else"

One sesame.

"What else"

One everything.

"What else"

Ok, that would taste better than a sweet bagel.

"What else"

One sesame.

"What else"

One everything.

"What else"

I'm just impressed if she doesn't complain if the everything bagel is in the same bag as her blueberry one. Those everythings have a way of stinking up the other bagels in a bag and should be kept separate IMHO.
Was extra loaded with everything stuff too since she threw 4 in there and then removed them. Asking them to separate would have taken all day.

Reminds me of when I ate ay a Mexican restaurant once and saw the waitress dumping the uneaten chips from tables back into the bin. Never returned.

To be fair, I intentionally park at the first available spot, no matter how far away, to avoid waiting/jockeying for spaces. I always tell my wife it’s free exercise.
My wife doesn’t want the closest spot. She just feels that it’s wrong that the employees are parking in those spots. 🤷‍♂️ we always park away from th store. It’s usually quicker and Easier.

My wife doesn’t want the closest spot. She just feels that it’s wrong that the employees are parking in those spots. 🤷‍♂️ we always park away from th store. It’s usually quicker and Easier.
So what happens if the employees take the spots she typically uses?

:lmao: that’s not the issue. She just thinks it’s wrong for the employees to take the closest spots.

:lmao: that’s not the issue. She just thinks it’s wrong for the employees to take the closest spots.
She should thank them, as they’re forcing people who’d otherwise park close to experience life from the far spots.

Also, it’s arguably safer for employees who work very early or late, to minimize the distance they’ll walk in a (presumably) dark, deserted lot.

"What else"

One sesame.

"What else"

One everything.

"What else"

So what you're saying is I should be reporting you to Child Protective Services?

To be fair, my choice of bagel (usually some kind of whole grain or oat bran) would probably make my Jewish ancestors plotz

"What else"

One sesame.

"What else"

One everything.

"What else"

Was extra loaded with everything stuff too since she threw 4 in there and then removed them. Asking them to separate would have taken all day.

Reminds me of when I ate ay a Mexican restaurant once and saw the waitress dumping the uneaten chips from tables back into the bin. Never returned.
In college, a local bar had $0.50 pizza slices/$0.15 wings every Thursday. I heard they used to do the same thing with uneaten wings. Of course that was probably the 237th most disgusting thing I ever ate as a college student

She should thank them, as they’re forcing people who’d otherwise park close to experience life from the far spots.

Also, it’s arguably safer for employees who work very early or late, to minimize the distance they’ll walk in a (presumably) dark, deserted lot.
We’re talking about the white bread heart of south Orange County. Rhyleigh is pretty safe working her 11am-7pm shift at the boba shop or whatever.

motorcycles and cars with extremely loud exhausts
FYP. E-cars can’t take over soon enough. There are electric Harleys already!
A lot of those people modify their vehicles to sound that way. I imagine they'll find a way with the e-versions as well.
A little computer disc amped and cued up to the throttle, playing fake exhaust sounds. What a wonderful era we are living in.

wrong, wrongy mcwrongster

Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagel loaded with cream cheese
You say I'm wrong but then offer up a bagel from Panera bread as proof. I rest my case.

ok, I laughed.

it's the only thing I like and/or get from there - and I stand by it ...rare treat as it sends my blood sugar soaring ...but I LOVE IT

"What else"

One sesame.

"What else"

One everything.

"What else"

Finally, a dude that all of us, even @parasaurolophus ’ daughter, can agree deserves a throat punch: https://x.com/mdudas/status/1717897039265034328?s=46&t=QBN6NSNmFw6g7C0xqBnz2A

Reminds me of the time the guy in front of me at Starbucks asked if their tea was “exactly 141 degrees Fahrenheit”.

"What else"

One sesame.

"What else"

One everything.

"What else"

Finally, a dude that all of us, even @parasaurolophus’ daughter, can agree deserves a throat punch: https://x.com/mdudas/status/1717897039265034328?s=46&t=QBN6NSNmFw6g7C0xqBnz2A
Yea, eff that dude

I go to the office a couple of days a week. About 10 years ago my company rebuilt the break room and it's pretty sweet. New floor, cabinets, tables, chairs, granite counter tops, microwaves, filtered water, filtered ice machine, etc. I don't eat there but I go there for coffee and clean out my thermos / thermal coffee mug. People bring their lunches, dishes from home and they toss their dirty dishes in the sink and leave them there all day. And, of course, they leave their food filled dishes in the side of the sink without the disposal. On a scale of 1 to 10, I find that to be level 10 annoying. Why in the world can't people just wash their dishes when they're done eating and take them home? They, quite literally, leave their dishes for either the cleaning crew to clean or someone else to wash their dishes for them.

Having said all of that. . . I have to confess that the goofball wandering around looking for a "scooped, gluten free bagel" is an 11 on my annoying scale.

I go to the office a couple of days a week. About 10 years ago my company rebuilt the break room and it's pretty sweet. New floor, cabinets, tables, chairs, granite counter tops, microwaves, filtered water, filtered ice machine, etc. I don't eat there but I go there for coffee and clean out my thermos / thermal coffee mug. People bring their lunches, dishes from home and they toss their dirty dishes in the sink and leave them there all day. And, of course, they leave their food filled dishes in the side of the sink without the disposal. On a scale of 1 to 10, I find that to be level 10 annoying. Why in the world can't people just wash their dishes when they're done eating and take them home? They, quite literally, leave their dishes for either the cleaning crew to clean or someone else to wash their dishes for them.
I could see a "workplace incident" happening at that place sometime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread