What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (11 Viewers)

KarmaPolice said:
Bull Dozier said:
KarmaPolice said:
People with kids who throw tantrums in public. Is this due to bad parenting or defective kids?
speaking of this, and they usually go gand in hand, the damn "counter" parents must be stopped. "1, 2, 3...I said put that down or we are leaving! 1, 2, 3, ... put that down", etc, etc keep starting the count over without doing a single thing to make the kid stop being stupid.
Sorry, its not the counting that fails, it's the lack of enforcement that fails. You enforce when you count, it works. It's not different that the parents that don't count and fail to follow through on consequences. "Put that down or we're leaving!" (Doesn't put it down) "I said put that down or we're leaving!" (doesn't put it down) Parent finally takes item from child and puts it back. "Stop touching things! You are going to get it when we get home!"Bad parenting is bad parenting, but counting works when done right. HTH
sure, if you count once and consequences happen. in my limited observations, it is the idiot parents who do this and just keep counting, looking like bigger tools. you are right; it is about consequences.

just never understood the counting thing in general. why tell my kid to stop something and proceed to give him 5 more seconds to keep doing it? :shrug:
Counting gives the kid the time to consider the consequences. You can't expect a kid to react instantly to a direction when given. They aren't robots. Counting (I just went to three, not five), gives them a second to consider what is going to happen. If you consistently deliver on the consequence, they get conditioned to do as they are told in the three seconds.

You probably only see the idiot parents that don't follow through counting, because the parents who do it correctly don't walk around in public with nuissance kids.

People who think that just because they have kids, they're entitled to be at the front of parades/shows despite other people who may have been waiting longer to get a good viewing spot. See this all the time at Disney. Sorry but the fact that you decided to procreate does not mean that you and your rotten crotchspawn get to take the spot I've been holding.

People who do not use their turn signal. They create a state of utter confusion at intersections and other locations.
people who speed up when they see a turn signal as to not let the person using their signal move in front of them
I see this all the time. Most of the time if I see them speeding up to close the gap, I execute my lane change. They back off every time and get really, really pissed. Which is fine by me, as I honest to God love ruining other people's days.

People who think that just because they have kids, they're entitled to be at the front of parades/shows despite other people who may have been waiting longer to get a good viewing spot. See this all the time at Disney. Sorry but the fact that you decided to procreate does not mean that you and your rotten crotchspawn get to take the spot I've been holding.
Babies/toddlers in general......They don't make any sense.

When I was a kid, if I was crying to my mom about not being at the front of the line for the parade/show, she would've smacked my ### and told me why the people who were there deserved to be.

People raising kids these days all think their little Aiden's and Isabella's are all unique snowflakes and the self-entitlement is through the roof.

When I was a kid, if I was crying to my mom about not being at the front of the line for the parade/show, she would've smacked my ### and told me why the people who were there deserved to be.

People raising kids these days all think their little Aiden's and Isabella's are all unique snowflakes and the self-entitlement is through the roof.
It really isn't any worse than it was when we were kids. It just seems that way.

It really isn't any worse than it was when we were kids. It just seems that way.
Not sure I agree. There were no Nevaeh's or Cortlynn's or Kinsley's in any of my graduating classes. Everytime you see a self-entitled parent teaching their kid through behavior that they're a unique snowflake, I'll bet a paycheck their name is something pretentious like that.

Not sure I agree. There were no Nevaeh's or Cortlynn's or Kinsley's in any of my graduating classes. Everytime you see a self-entitled parent teaching their kid through behavior that they're a unique snowflake, I'll bet a paycheck their name is something pretentious like that.
Wait...is your point about entitlement or kids names?

Both, I bet studies would show a direct correlation.

why would anyone without a kid watch a parade?

grow up.

Officer Pete Malloy said:
Has anybody mentioned degenerate gamblers who treat the corner minimart like it's Vegas?
Add on the lowlifes that do their entire week's shopping at the gas station, including smokes and a dozen other things the cashier has to pick out behind him.

Just once I'd like to be able to drive past an accident on the other side of the road without traffic on my side coming to a crawl.
doesn't seem very zenlike to have pet peeves.
It would be easier to find peace if everyone in front of me didn't have to stare at the accident on the other side of the highway. It's like people regress to the age of 6 when they see an accident.

OOOOHHHHHH LOOKEEEEEEE! Flashy lights!

:hot:

Officer Pete Malloy said:
Has anybody mentioned degenerate gamblers who treat the corner minimart like it's Vegas?
Add on the lowlifes that do their entire week's shopping at the gas station, including smokes and a dozen other things the cashier has to pick out behind him.
It is shocking what the average poor person spends on 44oz sodas, chips, candy, booze, tobacco, and lottery tickets (oh and $5 on pump 3). All I want is a can of grizzly and these jerks are holding up my day.

Why would you ever go to Disney without kids? That place is the Vegas for SOBs who knocked up their girlfriends and wives.

Both, I bet studies would show a direct correlation.
Probably, after all people who drowned after falling out of a non-powered inflatable craft correlates with the age of Miss America.

http://www.tylervigen.com/view_correlation.php?id=4585

Why would you ever go to Disney without kids? That place is the Vegas for SOBs who knocked up their girlfriends and wives.
We sometimes go with my nieces or with friend's kids. Both my wife and I enjoy it to an extent.

We go to Vegas sometimes too.

You weren't her favorite crotchspawn, were you?

You weren't her favorite crotchspawn, were you?
Only child. She learned her lesson.

If you have kids, does your body produce special hormones so you won't want to drown them? Because honestly I don't know how you can live with the little sacks of ####.

People who take forever to order in the drive-thru. Happens all the time. I try to imagine what the conversation is like. I give up after 90 seconds yet these people are ordering for 2-3 minutes. Ordering their food takes longer then preparing it.
The workers who ask what kind of sauce or whatever you want while you are ordering, then proceed to forget to put it in the bag about 97% of the time.

Jayrok said:
People that toss their cigarette butts on the ground or out their car window.
How about the dbag who uses his car ashtray but when it is full he pulls up to a stop sign and dumps the entire ashtray out in the street? :rant:
wtf? this actually happens?

shouldn't be surprised, but I am still shocked when I see people smoking in the car with kids in there with them. don't understand the mentality.
This never surprises me. Most smokers live in a different world when it comes to manners and respect of other people. I don't know if it is because they feel persecuted now with the massive increase of smoke free areas, but they just seem to not care at all anymore. I pretty much despise anybody that I know that smokes daily. I have seen every single one of them just throw a cigarette on the ground at some point.

When I go outside to eat lunch at work I don't just throw my paper plate on the ground when I am done. Smokers do this every single day. It doesnt even faze them. They just do it right in front of people. Throw it on the ground, stomp on it, and keep walking as if it was just a normal part of life.

Jayrok said:
How about the dbag who uses his car ashtray but when it is full he pulls up to a stop sign and dumps the entire ashtray out in the street? :rant:

shouldn't be surprised, but I am still shocked when I see people smoking in the car with kids in there with them. don't understand the mentality.
This never surprises me. Most smokers live in a different world when it comes to manners and respect of other people. I don't know if it is because they feel persecuted now with the massive increase of smoke free areas, but they just seem to not care at all anymore. I pretty much despise anybody that I know that smokes daily. I have seen every single one of them just throw a cigarette on the ground at some point.

When I go outside to eat lunch at work I don't just throw my paper plate on the ground when I am done. Smokers do this every single day. It doesnt even faze them. They just do it right in front of people. Throw it on the ground, stomp on it, and keep walking as if it was just a normal part of life.
:goodposting:

I wish lung cancer wasn't so damn slow to develop.

Movies/shows with titles having an "-ing" verb and a person's name

Saving Silverman

Saving Private Ryan

Saving Mr. Banks

Saving Lincoln

Saving Shiloh

Finding Nemo

Finding Forrester

Eating Raul

Searching for Bobby Fisher

Searching for Sugar Man

Chasing Amy

Driving Miss Daisy

Educating Rita

Waiting for Mr Goodbar

Saving Silverman

Saving Private Ryan

Saving Mr. Banks

Saving Lincoln

Saving Shiloh

Finding Nemo

Finding Forrester

Eating Raul

Searching for Sugar Man

Chasing Amy

Driving Miss Daisy

Educating Rita

Waiting for Mr Goodbar
You Forgotted Sarah Marshall.

Saving Silverman

Saving Private Ryan

Saving Mr. Banks

Saving Lincoln

Saving Shiloh

Finding Nemo

Finding Forrester

Eating Raul

Searching for Sugar Man

Chasing Amy

Driving Miss Daisy

Educating Rita

Waiting for Mr Goodbar
You Forgotted Sarah Marshall.
Replying to Sarnoff

McGarnicle said:
parasaurolophus said:
Jayrok said:

:goodposting:

I wish lung cancer wasn't so damn slow to develop.
Another thing you see often these days is the spark off the road in front of you because some butthole tossed his butt out the window at night. You hope it doesn't spark under your car leading to a made for tv movie explosion, but there's nothing you can do about it.

people who bring food and drinks into d

stores with them. you cant finish your damn sundae in the car or wait a couple minutes to finish your coffee?

Another thing you see often these days is the spark off the road in front of you because some butthole tossed his butt out the window at night. You hope it doesn't spark under your car leading to a made for tv movie explosion, but there's nothing you can do about it.
You honestly think a spark from a stray cigarette can cause a car to explode?

also on the topic of smokers:

love the ones who take their last big drag outside the building as they come in, just to exhale the smoke after they come in or as they are walking in.

Users who are viewing this thread