What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can NFL Player Play 17 Games In Season? (1 Viewer)

theprince

Footballguy
Was thinking that if Gonzo was traded on Chiefs' bye week to a team that has had its bye week (NYG), he could theoretically play 17-games this season. Fantasy Gold! Is that even legal under the CBA? Has it been done before?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to play Sunday, get traded and play on Monday? Or what if a player played Sunday morning, got traded and played Sunday afternoon, got traded and played Sunday night?

I don't understand the question. What are we after here?

Is it possible to play Sunday, get traded and play on Monday? Or what if a player played Sunday morning, got traded and played Sunday afternoon, got traded and played Sunday night?I don't understand the question. What are we after here?
This is not possible under current professional sports protocol. It is standard for the team to perform physical on newly traded/acquired player. This scenario wouldn't be possible because it wouldnt give the acquiring team time to inspect the goods, get then cleared, suited up on the field in few hours isnt enough time. The cap makes trading more complicated- which is why in-season trading is difficult (and is probably the biggest hurdle in moving a big name like Gonzo) Though, playing in 17 games is completely feasible with the bye week schedule bye schedule being random - i.e. NFC East trade with AFC West. Conversely a player could also wind up with 2 bye weeks, I know we don't like to mention things like that around here...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Rice's website says that 3 other players have played in 17 games since 1933. I would imagine that the other 3 happened after 1977 (when the league went to a 16-game schedule) but I can't find anything.

Users who are viewing this thread