What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Calvin? (1 Viewer)

I need 100 and a TD from Calvin in the 2nd half.

But for now, I'll take another FG from Tucker before half time.

Interested in hearing how many Calvin owners made the championship. He hasn't exactly torn it up the last 2 weeks. McCown bailed me out last week and Stacy this week.

Interested in hearing how many Calvin owners made the championship. He hasn't exactly torn it up the last 2 weeks. McCown bailed me out last week and Stacy this week.
Both leagues that I have him in...I made it.

Survived this week with both Calvin and Graham being duds.

Have Lacy in both of them too which has helped a lot.

I lost by .8 pts moreso because of the Stafford Ints, but if Mega had hit 100 yds I would have won with a bonus. He played awful tonight. Several easy drops that he should have caught.

Both leagues that I have him in...I made it.

Survived this week with both Calvin and Graham being duds.

Have Lacy in both of them too which has helped a lot.
+1... Hopefully he is due for a monster next week.
Same here. Into the SB this week despite having Stafford/Calvin (yes, you guessed it....also a Charles owner).

I lost by .8 pts moreso because of the Stafford Ints, but if Mega had hit 100 yds I would have won with a bonus. He played awful tonight. Several easy drops that he should have caught.
Yes, he did, but Stafford wasn't looking his way enough either. Stafford has a tendency to go only with this first read, or at least he did last night.

Yes, he did, but Stafford wasn't looking his way enough either. Stafford has a tendency to go only with this first read, or at least he did last night.
Not looking his way enough? He had 14 targets and Stafford threw 34 times. 44% of the time he was the guy thrown to. Calvin has nobody to blame for last nights performance but him self. He dropped 2 easy, big plays. Dropped a 2 point conversion and also missed a sideline catch where he never even attempted to drag his feet and stay in bounce.

Needed 11 in PPR, so barely got there in the fourth quarter. I was listening to the radio broadcast in the first quarter when he had his first drop. Boomer Esiason spent almost a whole minute talking about how perfect of a pass it was and how Calvin never drops passes like that. I took it as an omen for the night.

He was one broken tackle away from a long TD, and had a couple big plays where Stafford over threw him. But yes, the drops were horrible. If you believe in players riding extra motivation to big performances, then you have to like his chances for a huge bounce back next week. You know he had to be killing himself as he watched that field goal go through, knowing he had a chance to make that a game-tying FG instead of a game winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not looking his way enough? He had 14 targets and Stafford threw 34 times. 44% of the time he was the guy thrown to. Calvin has nobody to blame for last nights performance but him self. He dropped 2 easy, big plays. Dropped a 2 point conversion and also missed a sideline catch where he never even attempted to drag his feet and stay in bounce.
You are probably right, Jurb. But its Calvin. I doubt you can target him enough.

the two point conversion was three yards out of bounds....
Went thru this in the game thread. The 2 point conversion was right on target until Calvin let it bounce off his chest and he tried to double catch it 3 yds out of bounds.

dboysrock94 said:
Same here, Charles pushed me over the top
Dynasty? I don't know how you could get both in a redraft
i have both in a redraft w/two keepers.... trades!

calvin's 2 easy drops cost me a chance at scoring 200 points last week, which is the equivalent of wilt scoring 100 in an NBA game.... :)

I hope he is OK for next weekend, he took a couple of big hits that he got up slow from... one of which made him sit out a few plays

flapgreen said:
I barely made it. Calvin needed about 65 yards last night so he got me in. But my main contributors, with Graham also having a bad game, were Eddie Lacey and Demarco Murray. In the title game I'll be facing Peyton Manning and Jamal Charles. I'm hoping Charles got all his scoring out of his system...

How's his match up this weekend? The Giants have been completely dysfunctional, but on Yahoo it looks like they're tough against wide receivers...

Everyone fell through on my lineup but for Alex Smith--unless there's a scoring change I won by 0.06. Can't count on it again though--because next week I'll be going up against the Jamaal Charles owner in the finals so he'll be cancelled out.

flapgreen said:
I barely made it. Calvin needed about 65 yards last night so he got me in. But my main contributors, with Graham also having a bad game, were Eddie Lacey and Demarco Murray. In the title game I'll be facing Peyton Manning and Jamal Charles. I'm hoping Charles got all his scoring out of his system...
That should be a good one. I got lucky and am facing the weakest team in the playoffs who has Lacy, Nelson, Graham and Foles. He also has Rodgers and ADP but I hope they stay out.

He took a lot of shots to the head last night (a big one early) and came up grimacing. I wonder if hes concussed.
Maybe defenses have been playing him tougher? Over the past three weeks he's been only WR#19 in my league. Combine that with Demaryius at #24 over that span and it's been really tough.

How's his match up this weekend? The Giants have been completely dysfunctional, but on Yahoo it looks like they're tough against wide receivers...
Giants are #9 against WR inmy league for the season; #10 the past three weeks so pretty consistent.

He took a lot of shots to the head last night (a big one early) and came up grimacing. I wonder if hes concussed.
Maybe defenses have been playing him tougher? Over the past three weeks he's been only WR#19 in my league. Combine that with Demaryius at #24 over that span and it's been really tough.
One of those three weeks was played in a white-out blizzard. And its not like defenses suddenly have discovered its a good idea to play Calvin Johnson tougher. I think its likely the knee isnt 100%, and i really do think he may have been a little out of it this week- Megatron doesnt make mistakes like that and he definitely took a nasty blow to the head.

didnt practice again today (did stretching but didnt participate in practice), really hoping he gets in a limited session tomorrow... earlier in the season when he missed a game there was actually a play where you could see something happened to his knee... i dont recall him possibly re-injuring the knee monday night, just him getting rocked a few times

didnt practice again today (did stretching but didnt participate in practice), really hoping he gets in a limited session tomorrow... earlier in the season when he missed a game there was actually a play where you could see something happened to his knee... i dont recall him possibly re-injuring the knee monday night, just him getting rocked a few times
This is a must win & he took a beating last week, prob just resting... It is hard to see a scenario where he finished last week but sits this week.

Calvin should at least be practicing how to catch a football this week.
He is building the resume of a top 3 WR of all time... Everyone has an off night - If you advanced with Calvin, you should be putting that one behind you and hopeful of a 150/1 kinda game!

quetionable tag.... dont like it, but if i recall the game he missed he didnt practice at all Friday.... so at least he practiced today

:wub:

needed Calvin to score 13 or less in .5 PPR last week to move on. He scored 12. Thanks, dude.

Ugh! I have no other options in the 4:00 games.... so I'm considering this strategy:

Start P.Garcon at 1:00. Then if Megatron plays I start him at 4:00, otherwise I'll start D. Jackson at 8:30.... I can't take a zero @ WR.

One said:
Johnson (knee) is expected to play Sunday against the Giants,

Posted 18 mins ago via rotowire.com

Johnson (knee) is expected to play Sunday against the Giants, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports [...]
Just coming to post this... Must win game and they need their confidence back!!! Lets go CALVIN!!!!!!!
Reports will be all over the map today. A truly ####ty position for us to be in.
Ian Rapoport usually has good info. Also haven't heard any mention of him not playing and I follow every Lions beat writer on twitter.

I can't imagine keeping Calvin off the field today. All I have to fall back on if he does not play is SJax.

Users who are viewing this thread